Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #31
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelaBella View Post
I'd like to join in too! I want to lose at least 30 pounds before our October trip.

I love the 30 day shred, but haven't done it in a while. I'm vowing to start tomorrow.
Me too! And I am gonna FORCE myself to do it every day, even when I feel like I can't even walk!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #32
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
My first bit of effort was to only have water before bed instead of my usual ginger ale, which I'm totally addicted to :-) A small step but a start.

That's awesome! I thinks it's small changes like that, really can make a difference.
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #33
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Down a pound this a.m. Of course I'm notorious for yo-yoing so can't get overly excited. How's everyone else doing?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #34
3 Little Princesses
Earning My Ears

Haven't gotten into the exercise yet but started watching my food intake today. So far so good.

DH ME DD1 (21) : DD2 (10) DD3 (7) DD4 (4)
3 Little Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #35
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in! My DH and I are going on an Anniversary trip in early November and I NEED to get some of this weight off! I still haven't lost everything I gained on our January trip!

I'm a vegan most of the time, but lately I've added in Tuna, veggie burgers, and eggs b/c I find that LC helps me stay less hungry. I have Plantar Fasciitis (running injury) so I haven't been able to run all of 2012, but I can bike with no pain, so NO EXCUSES! My 17 year old son and I have a date to hit the gym M-W-F and when we did this in 2011 we were very successful...well, he has stayed in shape the whole time, it's just me that struggles with it. It's lifelong, so I just need to get back in "the ZONE" b/c I always feel better when I'm exercising, regardless of whether I can fit into a 12 or 14 (the smallest I ever get)

I biked (stationary) 9 miles in 30 mintues this morning, it was a GREAT workout, heart pounding, sweating, breathing heavy kind of workout. Felt amazing.
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #36
disbride555
Earning My Ears

Count me in!!! We are going to see Mickey on Nov. 30th and I looking to loose 45lbs...... I am so excited to now have this support system. I do so much better.
disbride555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #37
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbride555 View Post
I am so excited to now have this support system. I do so much better.
I know what you mean. I've tried online "let's lose weight together" threads with not much success. I'm feeling hopeful about this one since it's on a topic dear to my heart...Disney.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #38
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

So far, so good. Up to 8 pounds lost since Wednesday, I know this weight loss will start slowing down, but it is very encouraging. I am surprised I have not been craving sugar to much, I am a sweets/cookie addict !! Today we went shopping and out to lunch to Buffalo Wild Wings. I had a small salad and a small soft tortilla with lettuce tomatoes onions and plain grilled chicken. I haven't eaten meat since wednesday and I really don't miss it, should have had the tortilla without the chicken. For dinner I will just have a small salad and some steamed veggies.Have a good day everyone !!

disneymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #39
molitva
Mouseketeer

Count me in-hopefully I remember to keep up with this thread (terribly bad about checking back in)

I'm 5 weeks into the Power 90 videos. I felt like I was losing steam because the scales weren't moving any more. So far I've lost 8lbs in 5 weeks (6 of those came in the first 2 weeks) but I'm hoping that some of this is muscle mass.

I have a trip in December and I'm hoping to have lost 35lbs total by then. so I'd like to lose 27 more pounds by December...or roughly 20 lbs by October.

Power 90 should finish up the end of August and I'm going to attempt P90x. I need to check out this 30 day shred mentioned here.

Good job to everyone keeping at it. Keep going!
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 AM   #40
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
So far, so good. Up to 8 pounds lost since Wednesday, I know this weight loss will start slowing down, but it is very encouraging. I am surprised I have not been craving sugar to much, I am a sweets/cookie addict !! Today we went shopping and out to lunch to Buffalo Wild Wings. I had a small salad and a small soft tortilla with lettuce tomatoes onions and plain grilled chicken. I haven't eaten meat since wednesday and I really don't miss it, should have had the tortilla without the chicken. For dinner I will just have a small salad and some steamed veggies.Have a good day everyone !!
Great start well done you, diets are always hard im trying to cut out little treats like cakes and cookies when im at work, it's so hard
Old 07-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #41
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Just started my morning pre work walks up again, first one done and I will be heading out for another walk at lunchtime. Im planning on walking myself thin
Old 07-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #42
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

I will join you all,

Ive been sick for around 2 yrs and the last yr has been the worse, I was ment to be having my major head Op last wk but they ran over in theatre and so now i have to wait until the 20th july!! I was hoping that i was going to have at least 6 wks to diet and exercise after i healed oh well,

Im also on Opiates for pain and they makeme crave SUGER great huh
so...............
My goal is to lose 15lbs by October and to tone up my legs and arms! I can do arm weights and walk i try and walk around 2 miles a day but the UK weather keeps on letting me down!!! my mum bless her cant walk to far due to having a knee Op about 6 months ago that left her with some pain on long distances but gets on her ECV and goes with me to make sure i dont get dizzy or sick she is very fit other wise so can look after me if anything happens.

I wish everybody luck I know how hard it is to resist and this is what i have to do as eating icecream is one of the best things for me when i feel sick due to it being so cold! ive given up cream cakes and biscuits and I dont drink Im trying to cook from scratch and do low carb/low suger/low fat "in other words pretty healthy eating!" ill proberly have all of september if im lucky to pushmyself a little harder but apart from that slow and steady with NO treats will have to do!

I look forward to hearing any recipes you guys have so we can share and not bore ourselves

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #43
mlenz
Mouseketeer

Hope its not too late to join you all hoping to get fit and started my c25k today in the rain. I can use all the encouragment as I can get. I know we can do it.
mlenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:46 AM   #44
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Welcome to all the newbies

Lets get fit guys
Old 07-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #45
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlenz View Post
Hope its not too late to join you all hoping to get fit and started my c25k today in the rain. I can use all the encouragment as I can get. I know we can do it.
Way to go! I tried the c25k and the first one I did just fine on the treadmill. the second day I did it at the park and it killlllllled me lol Good for you to do it in the rain! That's commitment!!

On the homefront: still plugging away at Power 90. My rest day is Friday

Happy 4th of July to all the Americans. We're bbq'ing today and lounging by the pool. Already put together a cucumber salad and berry salad.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: