Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #361
Dragoness
Earning My Ears

Dh and I started back on a low carb diet. He is doing really well biking and walking. I hit the gym after work for a pretty hard work out. I work seconds so was the only one there for awhile. I know that I will be sore. I already feel it. LOL
we did good on the low carb diet before but we let a high carb/sweet eating life style creep back into our lives. I had planned to be 30 lbs lighter by now. I am shooting to be down that much by the time we head to Dis in March. I weighed in when I entered the gym, lost 5oz when I left. just nice to see the scale go down. even if it was a just a little. Of course I drank a 12oz water when I left.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #362
Jacindyyy
Mouseketeer

Lost another pound or so in the past couple days which is really odd, but i'll take it lol.
Total loss is 9.2 pounds so far.
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #363
ksloane
DIS Veteran

I'm back on track after our trip tomorrow. I plan to weigh in before bed tonight to start my baseline and get back on track with diet and exercise tomorrow! Good luck to everyone still working towards their goal!
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #364
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Wow! I started Couch to 5K today....what a workout for this out of shape girl!
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
Old 10-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #365
encinc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
Way to go getting started right away after your trip!

I had a horrible night's sleep, but I still got up and did 3 miles of Walk off the Pounds. It was one of those days that would have been very easy to forego the workout but I did it! Still hoping to take off 5 pounds or so before our trip to WDW in early December.
encinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:15 AM   #366
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
WTG!!! My son and I ran our first 5K this past Saturday and it was amazing! It's been a long time coming, I started C25K years ago and kept putting pff running, injuring myself, gaining weight...finally feel like a runner now and I want to run MORE races!

Still at 27 down for the challenge, I'm really happy with it, but would love to lose another pound in the next 5 days...we head to AKL on Monday!!!!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #367
DMOMof3
When will my DS14 ease up on this growth spurt?
I know I will get the help I need here

Still going strong!

Congrats to all that are sticking with this!

No trips planned in the near future, but when I do visit again I will be much healthier & thinner

ME 51 DD 27 DS 24 DD 22 DGS 8
DMOMof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #368
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by encinc View Post
Way to go getting started right away after your trip!

I had a horrible night's sleep, but I still got up and did 3 miles of Walk off the Pounds. It was one of those days that would have been very easy to forego the workout but I did it! Still hoping to take off 5 pounds or so before our trip to WDW in early December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
WTG!!! My son and I ran our first 5K this past Saturday and it was amazing! It's been a long time coming, I started C25K years ago and kept putting pff running, injuring myself, gaining weight...finally feel like a runner now and I want to run MORE races!

Still at 27 down for the challenge, I'm really happy with it, but would love to lose another pound in the next 5 days...we head to AKL on Monday!!!!
I wish I could make myself get up in the mornings and exercise, but it's all I can do wake up when I have to. :-) I can totally feel the pain in my thighs today though (which actually motivates me to keep going). I'm not sure if I'll ever get up to an actual 5k, but just some decent cardiovascular endurance will make me happy.

Still haven't weighed in. I really need to buy a scale so weighing doesn't involve getting out the Wii Fit and setting it up just to weight. BUT I did go jeans shopping Monday and the pair I bought is a size smaller!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #369
Jacindyyy
Mouseketeer

I'm overseas for the next 5 days, home again for 3 days, then interstate for another 3 days. Going to try to be good!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #370
encinc
DIS Veteran

I'm down a pound since last week (meaning 6 pounds in 6 1/2 weeks since I started on MFP), so I'm happy. I'm even more happy that my doctor said that she's confident that I can bring my good cholesterol up to where it should be just by exercising. She did talk with me about a low carb diet, because she encourages a low carb diet for nearly everyone, but I'm going to continue with the exercise and generally watching what I eat and see where things are at in three months' time.
encinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #371
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by encinc View Post
I'm down a pound since last week (meaning 6 pounds in 6 1/2 weeks since I started on MFP), so I'm happy. I'm even more happy that my doctor said that she's confident that I can bring my good cholesterol up to where it should be just by exercising. She did talk with me about a low carb diet, because she encourages a low carb diet for nearly everyone, but I'm going to continue with the exercise and generally watching what I eat and see where things are at in three months' time.
Congratulations! That's great progress!! I LOVE MFP! I attribute a lot of my weight loss to it holding me accountable!!

I haven't weighed in since September, but after finishing week 1 of Couch to 5K today, I thought I probably should weigh in more often that once every 2 months. I've lost 10.1 pounds since my weigh-in 2 months ago! I'm !!!

And it's all thanks to the Body by Vi shakes and MFP. MFP holds me accountable and the shakes help me stay under my calorie goal, get the nutrients I need, and not be hungry for junk all day! So glad I joined this group to help keep me motivated! Since mid July I've actually lost 18.6 pounds!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #372
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

I know shakes are all the rage right now. Has anyone tried the Lean1 shakes? I saw them at smoothie king yesterday, and after doing a little digging today, it looks like you get get it at walgreens, the vitamin shoppe, and gnc.
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #373
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacindyyy View Post
I've been using MFP the past few weeks, have lost 2 and a half kilos (about 5 and a half pounds). Gonna keep it up.
That's AWESOME! I really do MFP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
I agree that this thread has been an inspiration. Funny how something as simple as group support can make such a big difference. Okay, ksloane, I'm counting on you to hang in there with me!
You can count on me. I'm not going anywhere. I still need to lost at least as much as I have (another 18 pounds). I could stand more, but 18 more would put me at a good place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
This past week was my first week using MFP to log my calories and I lost 4.8 pounds. I am really excited and on my way to losing 30 pounds by our trip in March.
My next trip is June. I'll set my goal back at 30 for June! Let's stick to it and keep each other accountable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmikids View Post
Welcome to our newbies! Hopefully we can keep our thread active! I currently have lost 20 pounds and stopped my crazy Atkins diet but all that said found Atkins worked the best for me. We leave in a couple of weeks and needed to give my body some normalcy ( anyone who has done Atkins knows what I am talking about! Lol) of course my weight jumped up 3 pounds, I am going to kick my cardio and weight training up a notch. Have not done it since school started!!!! I need to balance my time! Good luck everyone!
I quit all exercising once school started as well. Started back last week. Hope I can find the time to stick to it.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #374
Jacindyyy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane

That's AWESOME! I really do MFP!

You can count on me. I'm not going anywhere. I still need to lost at least as much as I have (another 18 pounds). I could stand more, but 18 more would put me at a good place!

My next trip is June. I'll set my goal back at 30 for June! Let's stick to it and keep each other accountable!

I quit all exercising once school started as well. Started back last week. Hope I can find the time to stick to it.
Thanks. I'm almost at 10 pounds now!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #375
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Due to 2 recent mini-vacations I've fallen off the wagon. Almost afraid to weigh as I can tell I've gained some back. Promise to get on the scale on Monday (11/5) and update my weight tracker from MFP. Nothing like having to divulge the damage publicly to get you back on track.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: