Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #241
budafam
DIS Veteran

I'm on Day 4 of the detox and am down 6 lbs.!!! Today is nothing but bananas (up to 8) and skim milk.. gonna be a rough one! But tomorrow I get to have chicken. I can't believe how much energy I have. I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to stand up after 3 days of nothing but fruits & veggies.
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #242
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

I am officially down 18.2 pounds since I started, 8.2 pounds since I started posting here last Monday. Yay! I hope the scale keeps moving that direction.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #243
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Newcomer here. I have been following the myfitness program too but I am not making progress like others are reporting. I started on June 23rd and have only lost 6 1/2 pounds. I thought for sure with all the exercise and watching my calories, carbs, etc, that I would have experienced a greater loss. I am a bit discouraged. I was 146 and my goal is 120. It was sure a lot easier putting these pounds on!

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #244
huahuamick
Earning My Ears

Down 3 lbs this week! I have a mini goal that I want to make for next weigh-in. Hoping to lose 2 more by next week.
huahuamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #245
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers
Newcomer here. I have been following the myfitness program too but I am not making progress like others are reporting. I started on June 23rd and have only lost 6 1/2 pounds. I thought for sure with all the exercise and watching my calories, carbs, etc, that I would have experienced a greater loss. I am a bit discouraged. I was 146 and my goal is 120. It was sure a lot easier putting these pounds on!
6.5 pounds is awesome for a month and a half! When you're already close to your goal, it may take a little longer to come off. Keep going, you can do it! Have you done weekly measurements? As long as those numbers are changing and how your clothes fit are what's most important. Also, if you're exercising, make sure you are getting enough calories as well! You sound like you're off to a great start! Also, exercising and building muscle I think can at least temporarily add weight.
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #246
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers
I think thats great progress! That's about what I lost im just over month and I've got more weight to lose than you! The less you need to lose to hit your ideal weight, the slower it comes off!
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #247
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Argh I think my scale is crazy! This morning when I first got on it, it said I had dropped 2 pounds from yesterday. I didn't think that was right so I got back on it, and it was up 5 pounds! That is a HUGE range! I recorded the higher number (which means a gain for me of 2.4 pounds, that is a lot!). But I'm not sure what is accurate?? It is a new scale, too.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #248
Jskbr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete
Argh I think my scale is crazy! This morning when I first got on it, it said I had dropped 2 pounds from yesterday. I didn't think that was right so I got back on it, and it was up 5 pounds! That is a HUGE range! I recorded the higher number (which means a gain for me of 2.4 pounds, that is a lot!). But I'm not sure what is accurate?? It is a new scale, too.
This happends a lot. I usually get on the scale 3 or 4 times and usually your real weight will be 3 out of the 4 times. And we do fluctuate some...I weigh in the mornings because I haven't eaten anything yet and I think im at my lightest then...
2010 Carribean Beach
2012 Offsite condo Celibrity Resorts
countdown to Dec 2014 pop? AOA?
Jskbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #249
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

So I really need to get my cabose in gear now. We received a wedding invitation for some friends and there will be alot of people there I haven't seen since high school when I was oh 70lbs lighter

We are leaving for the beach on Tuesday, so part of me says it isn't worth trying to start anything until we get back. What would ya'll do?
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #250
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskbr View Post
This happends a lot. I usually get on the scale 3 or 4 times and usually your real weight will be 3 out of the 4 times. And we do fluctuate some...I weigh in the mornings because I haven't eaten anything yet and I think im at my lightest then...
Yeah this was in the morning all within about 5 minutes.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #251
Jskbr
Earning My Ears

Today was the beginning of my 2nd week doing Turbo Fire/Shakeology. Im down 4.5 lbs and 1.5" off my waist from just 1 week!
2010 Carribean Beach
2012 Offsite condo Celibrity Resorts
countdown to Dec 2014 pop? AOA?
Jskbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #252
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdufek View Post
6.5 pounds is awesome for a month and a half! When you're already close to your goal, it may take a little longer to come off. Keep going, you can do it! Have you done weekly measurements? As long as those numbers are changing and how your clothes fit are what's most important. Also, if you're exercising, make sure you are getting enough calories as well! You sound like you're off to a great start! Also, exercising and building muscle I think can at least temporarily add weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
I think thats great progress! That's about what I lost im just over month and I've got more weight to lose than you! The less you need to lose to hit your ideal weight, the slower it comes off!
Thank you both for your encouragement. I did not think I was making good progress because I hear so many who lose 2-3+ pounds a week. Some of my clothes are fitting better. I can also fit into a few pieces I could not wear last year. I will keep in mind that the less you need to lose the slower it comes off. Also, I do strengthening exercises so I am building muscle. I will check back and let you all know what my progress is.

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
Old 08-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #253
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
So I really need to get my cabose in gear now. We received a wedding invitation for some friends and there will be alot of people there I haven't seen since high school when I was oh 70lbs lighter

We are leaving for the beach on Tuesday, so part of me says it isn't worth trying to start anything until we get back. What would ya'll do?
Yes, it is worth it. The sooner you start, the sooner you will feel better and the sooner you will be healthier!

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
Old 08-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #254
Disney_Gram
Mouseketeer

Starting Weight Watchers next week, at the hospital where I work. count me in. We might be going back in the spring, and would love to be 60 lbs lighter
Disney_Gram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #255
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Gram View Post
Starting Weight Watchers next week, at the hospital where I work. count me in. We might be going back in the spring, and would love to be 60 lbs lighter
Good luck! I was so worried about not losing enough and then this morning I weighed in and lost another pound!

2006, '07, '08 POFQ

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: