Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #211
Suzy8383
Earning My Ears

Good luck! I had a goal of 25 lbs by my cruise (I think I had about 4 months or so) and lost all but 5 of that. I would now like to tone up before we go to Disney. My goal would be go wear a swimsuit and not feel "flabby". I don't really have any lbs to lose since I lost them for the last vacay...but I've been doing this exercise plan for a few months trying to fix my stomach.

I'd like to follow this post. We leave the weekend after Thanksgiving!
Suzy8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #212
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

welcome to all the newbies We all have goals and the one being the most important is..... losing weight for disney! LOL no just kidding, but getting healthy and changing our lifestyles. I wish all of you the best of luck and will continue to follow up! I am still at 153 no gain, no loss in over 2 weeks but I keep on going. still working out trying to eat right (and it is tough) hopefully I am losing inches....

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #213
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice99 View Post
Does anyone have a profile on the Myfitnesspal website??

I created a profile and am tracking my calories, exercise and weight on that website.

I was a WW member, but have given up my membership .... finally..... I was on the auto-pay plan for like a year and not using WW at all.
Yes I am on my fitness pal, look for me lmorse99

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:51 AM   #214
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

I've had a bad few days, mostly craving carbs. Started with a friend's birthday lunch on Monday and never stopped. Gained a lb. back. Hope to get on track tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:07 AM   #215
alclark1111
Earning My Ears

Good luck everyone! Needing to lose at least 20 myself, but having a problem with willpower. Must-get-motivated!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #216
Mom2JPL
Sunshine....where's the sunshine???!!?

Well, down 2.8 lbs in two weeks and 7.75 inches lost. Was hoping for more when I weighed in this morning because I've been working out like a maniac and switched my calorie intake from 1600 down to 1500. Guess I need to go back over my food diary and shake things up a bit!! Hoping for a better loss next week. Good luck everyone and keep up the great work!!

Mom2JPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #217
budafam
DIS Veteran

It's been a month since I started and I'm down 5 lbs. I only have 2 months left so starting Monday I'm going to begin a 7 day cleanse. I'm hoping this will jumpstart it and lose at least 10 lbs.

The good news is that I can run 7 minutes straight (which I've never been able to do... even in highschool when I weighed 110!) lol...
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #218
blancah76
Mouseketeer

So I've been on weight watchers a month now and have lost a total of 14 lbs.
Most of it I lost the first week, water weight and all, and then about 2 lbs. weekly thereafter.
I'm feeling great but have a long way to go still.....

Congrats to everyone on the forum for trying to stay healthy!!!
Hopefully we'll all look amazing standing next to Mickey soon
Old 08-03-2012, 03:05 AM   #219
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blancah76 View Post
So I've been on weight watchers a month now and have lost a total of 14 lbs.
That's impressive!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #220
scdufek
Mouseketeer

I haven't been on here for several days due to the kids starting back to school a few days ago, but it looks like there have been some really good posts! Everyones posts are continuing to encourage me to stick with it and work harder! I hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend! Thanks!!!
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #221
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice99 View Post
Does anyone have a profile on the Myfitnesspal website??

I created a profile and am tracking my calories, exercise and weight on that website.

I was a WW member, but have given up my membership .... finally..... I was on the auto-pay plan for like a year and not using WW at all.
You can friend me if you like. I'm krsloane.

I'm still going at it. I've lost 6 pounds total in the last 2 weeks so I'm pretty pleased. I know after this initial loss it will start coming slower and slower, but my first goal is to just be the weight I was this time last year when school starts at the end of the month (which would mean losing about 10 pounds total), and then I'll set another small goal. I find I need the success of reaching those small goals to get to the big goal!
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #222
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Doing OK here. I've lost 5 pounds since I started posting here on Monday. But 15 pounds total since I started trying to lose. I have a long way to go but I'm excited to have a good start.

The thing I am struggling most with is soda. I'm addicted! Bad! I can't drink diet because it gives me really horrible headaches.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #223
scdufek
Mouseketeer

I know what you mean about soft drinks!!! I also get bad headaches from diet drinks. It took me about a week of not drinking the pop to get over my addiction to them. Lol! It's been over 4 months since I have had one and occasionally I will have a diet drink just so I can get a taste! That sounds so bad, I know! :0) great job on your weightloss! That is wonderful!

Last edited by scdufek; 08-03-2012 at 03:05 PM.
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #224
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

My mission in life, besides losing weight, is to make sure our thread stays on page one :-). I cautiously announce that I've lost 8 lbs. I'm known to yo-yo at the drop of a fat gram so hoping I can keep it off. Good luck to all !
Old 08-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #225
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
My mission in life, besides losing weight, is to make sure our thread stays on page one :-). I cautiously announce that I've lost 8 lbs. I'm known to yo-yo at the drop of a fat gram so hoping I can keep it off. Good luck to all !
I'm down 7 pounds since joining in! Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
Doing OK here. I've lost 5 pounds since I started posting here on Monday. But 15 pounds total since I started trying to lose. I have a long way to go but I'm excited to have a good start.

The thing I am struggling most with is soda. I'm addicted! Bad! I can't drink diet because it gives me really horrible headaches.
That's a tough one. I phased soda out 2 years ago, and I'm so glad. It was tough, and I had to just slowly reduce them one a time, but I can now say it's been 2 years since mid-July! It's worth it if you ever make the transition.
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: