Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #151
Mom2JPL
Sunshine....where's the sunshine???!!?

After spending a few days checking in on this thread and reading everyone's progress, I thought I'd finally say "hello" and join in on this challenge! I'm Ellen and I started back in February exercising and watching my caloric intake. Lost 20 lbs the first 8 weeks and stopped tracking - thankfully I've kept the 20 off (well, have gone up and down but am back to the 20 off, lol) but am starting TODAY to get the next 20 off before our trip at the end of Sept! I go to Curves and do the circuit there, the eliptical, weighted hula-hoop and zumba classes. I use my fitness pal and keep my calories at 1600 - don't like starving myself. The gym is starting a challenge (today) and the person with most percentage of weight loss wins the pot! It's 6 weeks long and I am determined to win this time (the last challenge I lost 16 lbs in 7 weeks and came in 2nd). Will weigh-in this morning at gym and post my progress next week.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for the inspiration!!

Mom2JPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #152
DisneyGirl4188
Mike's Princess
I won't tell you the really weird stuff I do

I read through the thread, and I would like to join in too.

I have a lot to lose, but I'm trying to only focus on 10lb increments (it seems way too overwhelming to look at the big picture, though I do keep that in mind).

I have been eating less, and we have tried cutting out carbs (still eat them, but we try to limit and replace, so instead of mashed potatoes we will have cauliflower). I've been doing fairly well except yesterday was my birthday and DH got me an ice cream cake so...

I have started working out on my stationary bike each morning. I am hoping to add in a workout DVD soon. I work from home, and I'm in school, plus we have a four year old so it is hard to find time (and often energy) to workout more.

Congrats to everyone on the weight loss! Even just a pound lost is still one less pound on you! (I try to remember than when I get discouraged )
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #153
alice99
DIS Veteran

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #154
bender726
Mouseketeer

I am going back on my diet too for my September and December trips. I have done Atkins in the past very successfully, but cannot do it anymore (I think the fact that a lot of the Atkins foods are no longer available has made it a little more difficult for me). Another great diet that is along the same lines as Atkins, but seems to me to be a bit more healthy is the Six Week Body Makeover. This one may be good for you to switch over to at some point. It is strict like Atkins, but allows certain carbs such as potatoes, rice, etc.... no oils, butter, sugar (though you can have sugar substitute), or salt. It is a very healthy way of eating and really works. If you like Atkins, you are probably like me.... I like a diet that says you can eat this and you can't eat that without leaving much to my imagination. Good Luck!!!

bender726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #155
molitva
Mouseketeer

Caught up again. Just got back from 5 days in Savannah. I didn't keep up with my exercises very well while we were away, but we did really good on the eating front. We didn't indulge at all (and if you've been to Savannah, you know that's hard!).

Yesterday when we got home we started sculpt Circut 3-4 of P90. Ouch. I did better than I thought I would, but my thighs are so weak this morning. Tonight will be the ultimate test-cardio.

I peeked at the scales this morning and it's not bad, but I was hoping for a bit more loss. Official weigh in isn't until Tuesday so I'm going to try really hard to eak out another pound or two.

Second obstical happens next week: Parents are coming to visit, which means actual meals (rather than diet bars/shakes) and more eating out.

Goodluck everyone and keep at it!
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #156
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
We didn't indulge at all (and if you've been to Savannah, you know that's hard!).
My niece just graduated from SCAD in June so over the past few years I've gotten to know Savannah well. I'm simply amazed that you didn't gain after 5 days in the city that loves to eat :-). Good for you. Did you walk it off? There's lots of fun places for that ,too.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #157
ksloane
DIS Veteran

How is everyone's day? I'm proud that I've maintained less than 1500 calories for the last 4 days...if successful today, this will be day 5! My daughter wanted a blizzard while we were out earlier, and I resisted even taking a bite of hers! Woohoo! I'm actually getting excited thanks to this thread.
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #158
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Is anyone using myfitnesspal? I just found it today and it looks like it is similar to facebook where you can have friends. Looks like good support! If anyone wants to friend me, my username is the same as my username here on the DIS!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #159
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Is anyone using myfitnesspal? I just found it today and it looks like it is similar to facebook where you can have friends. Looks like good support! If anyone wants to friend me, my username is the same as my username here on the DIS!
That's what I'm using to track my calories and exercise. Just sent a request. I think my username on there is krsloane
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #160
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane

That's what I'm using to track my calories and exercise. Just sent a request. I think my username on there is krsloane
I have used myfitnesspal before but haven't used it for more than tracking my weight recently. I found it frustrating because it doesn't have many food selections especially if you cook a lot. I have heard a lot of people that like it though. Especially since it o's free it is worth trying.
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #161
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

I have to honest. I have not worked out or watched anything i have eaten, well except for it to go into my mouth haha

Dh and I signed up to do a 4 miles walk/run race in september, so now innate no reason to not get into shape and get back on track!!
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #162
DVCisME
DIS Veteran

I lost a pound!

Everyone has to start somewhere, right?
DVCisME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #163
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCisME View Post
I lost a pound!

Everyone has to start somewhere, right?
You sound like me. I post my meager 1 lb. losses on here and always feel kind of silly since many are losing so much more and faster to boot. Congrats from a fellow slowpoke!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #164
Drbob31
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
You sound like me. I post my meager 1 lb. losses on here and always feel kind of silly since many are losing so much more and faster to boot. Congrats from a fellow slowpoke!
Every pound counts! My weightloss is so slow, I am excited about any fluctuation in the weight no matter how small it is. keep up the good work!
Drbob31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #165
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
I lose VERY slowly, so don't feel like you are alone! I usually drop around 5 pounds and then stall out for MONTHS. Then I give up b/c it's so frustrating.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: