Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #136
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

I'm going to join! I packed on a HUGE amount of weight while on steroid treatments for my back. I'm getting ready to start a heavy duty workout routine that will last as long as my back will allow. Hopefully that and proper eating, will get my metabolic rate in gear. I have been using the fitness pal site to track my eating habits, it's AWESOME.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #137
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
So how will everyone eat at WDW? I have SO MANY favorite restaurants and foods!!! I know I will eat very differently than past trips. We will probably skip the dining plan or use credits For DW mostly and I'll share or order a la carte. Except for character buffets 3 are must do..... Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, and Tusker House all have healthy choices. Or do a signature restaurant or 2 which have nicer, healthier choices.
I replied yesterday and it never posted... Grrr....

So my plan is to stick to my weight loss mantra - move more eat less... I am going to split lunches (with either my husband, or MIL) and have appetizers for dinner on some nights. I haven't gained weight in WDW for my past two trips with all the walking and playing I do with the girls so I am hoping that goes for this one... I also am hoping to wake up before sunrise and work out a few times. I want to at least try and do weights - I feel that is the key to my success - the muscle I built really keeps burning fat for me when I don't work out.... and it junk food...

I read somewhere - if you want to eat whatever you want you need to work out like a man... Well that's part of what I do (still can't eat whatever I want) I think it is pretty accurate for the most part I eat less than my husband still but I am in very good shape and we both have a sweet tooth...
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #138
starsweeper
DIS Veteran

Hi! I desperately need to join this thread. I had two babies back to back (#3 Dec 2010 and #4 Dec 2011) and was on bedrest from 24-36 weeks with #4. My body is so out of shape. I lost 20lbs after YDS, but only 5lbs after YDD.

I started following a modified gestational diabetes diet I did during my pregnancies last Monday. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2.4lbs!!!

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct14 - GF (MNSSHP)
The Dream Trip in Memory of Mom ~ Summer 2015 ~ 20+ family members gathering in joy and remembrance

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Jun14 - ???
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #139
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsweeper View Post
Hi! I desperately need to join this thread. I had two babies back to back (#3 Dec 2010 and #4 Dec 2011) and was on bedrest from 24-36 weeks with #4. My body is so out of shape. I lost 20lbs after YDS, but only 5lbs after YDD.

I started following a modified gestational diabetes diet I did during my pregnancies last Monday. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2.4lbs!!!
I found reducing carbs helped with weight loss... Don't get me wrong I still eat them. However the GD diet I was on for my first pregnancy (didn't have it for my 2nd) is similar to what I do now. I think finding what your body needs and likes helps with the weightloss. I know they told me that many women develop diabetes within 7 years of GD so that was part of my wake up call.... Good luck!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #140
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Finally lost 1 more lb. Woo hoo! Now to keep it off. I'm the Queen of Yoyo-ing.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #141
maedelken
Mouseketeer

I'm in!!!!! Just had baby # 6! Going back to Disney in November and need to get rid of 20 to 25 pounds before that! I want to be able to eat all the good Disney food! Need to stay motivated!

[/SIGPIC]

maedelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #142
nettii
DIS Veteran

I joined a ww class and im down 4lbs slow but working hard!...so excited to get in shape!

1st trip 2006 ALL Star SPORTS (fell in LOVE )
2007 POP (Pure magic )
2007 POFQ (A Merry Mickey Holiday adventure):3
2008 POP (My Moms 1st trip-Had a blast)
2009 ALL Star MoviesHappy Haunts in the MK
2010-(Mom & T conquire the Mts of MK)
2011- DREAM CRUISE!
2012-Thanksgiving at CBR!
nettii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #143
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Wow! It sounds like everyone is doing great! And congrats to you new moms out there!!!:0)
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #144
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedelken View Post
Just had baby # 6!
Can hardly fathom it! Blessings to you and your crew.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #145
chinchiller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123
So how will everyone eat at WDW? I have SO MANY favorite restaurants and foods!!! I know I will eat very differently than past trips. We will probably skip the dining plan or use credits For DW mostly and I'll share or order a la carte. Except for character buffets 3 are must do..... Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, and Tusker House all have healthy choices. Or do a signature restaurant or 2 which have nicer, healthier choices.
Special events are free for all, well, mostly. I eat what I want, but I don't eat to excess. I hate the feeling of being over stuffed. Special events include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and vacations. I have fun days, like when family is visiting us, but I don't stop tracking during those days and I try to make up for it once they're gone.
chinchiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #146
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Been stuck at 19 pounds for the past three days, went out to lunch today and had a cheese quesadilla , only ate half of it but I still feel bad about it. But I think I needed a meal off the plan to break things up a bit. I haven't varied from the eat to live plan for almost three weeks and I was feeling a little overwhelmed and quite frankly, a little hungry !!! So back on the plan tomorrow and I am not going to weigh myself until next Wednesday. We are heading to the Ocean City NJ for a few days and being away I can get more exercise and think of something other than food.

disneymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #147
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
Been stuck at 19 pounds for the past three days, went out to lunch today and had a cheese quesadilla , only ate half of it but I still feel bad about it. But I think I needed a meal off the plan to break things up a bit. I haven't varied from the eat to live plan for almost three weeks and I was feeling a little overwhelmed and quite frankly, a little hungry !!! So back on the plan tomorrow and I am not going to weigh myself until next Wednesday. We are heading to the Ocean City NJ for a few days and being away I can get more exercise and think of something other than food.

I know this sounds crazy, but after my fried food dinner last week, I actually went down on my weight a couple of days later. We are doing low carb and I feel full all the time, so sometimes not eating enough calories, so I think the little
binge helped. Not that I'm going to try that all the time, lol! Let us know if it helps by adding the extra calories!
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #148
ksloane
DIS Veteran

OOh....so I stepped on the scale last night. YIKES! I did 50 minutes of Wii Fit though and I've kept my calories at 1600 for the last 3 days so I'm hoping to start seeing some changes. I will do at least 50 minutes of Wii Fit again tonight. After a week or two of WiiFit just to build a little stamina, I'll upgrade to my Walking DVDs, and then up to either the 30 Day Shred or 20 Second Fitness.
Upcoming: October 2014 - POR; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #149
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

gotta stop weighing myself everyday! I am still between 8-10 pounds going on 5 weeks. I stopped with the atkins and just watching what I eat and still exercising. looking more at sugar and carbs and still eating protein, just not all protein. got so bored!

good luck everyone! we are doing it!

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #150
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsweeper View Post

Ugh. Those back to back babies are hell aren't they? Mine are a little farther apart, Feb '09 #2, and June '10 #3. I was on bed rest from 16 weeks with #3 because of my back. All that time in bed, and back to back babies is murder on the waist line.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: