Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #541
grubbsjj
Earning My Ears

Anyone know how much parking will be at the terminal for 7 day? Any coupons out there?
grubbsjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #542
The BBO Club
Earning My Ears

Smile First time Disney Cruiser!!

We are sailing on the 7-day on Oct 12!! Can't wait! I'd love any advice! It's us and two other families. 6 adults and 5 kids. We are doing fish extenders. Is there a group for that?
The BBO Club is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #543
The BBO Club
Earning My Ears

Fbi

What is the Facebook page name? I wanna join!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J A C E View Post
Our family has been wondering a couple of things:
1. What is the depth in the Goofy pool? (Our boys are on the short side for their ages so they wanted to know if they would be able to touch bottom).
2. Does the drinking water taste? (Every Carnival ship we have been on the drinking water always seems to have a moldy taste).

Since this is our first DCL cruise we were hoping some of you experienced people might have the answers for us.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan19712006 View Post
I am more than happy to split the lists. However since I did not start this my information is incomplete on some of the rooms. On List one I have 5 cabins with no information on them. They are all in one group. I would like to get everyone the information as quickly as possible but I would like to include everyone in the order they signed up but in order to speed this along I either need to get all information in by Thursday or split the groups by cabins that have complete information.

Is everyone agreeable to this?

If I do not have your complete information please PM me or send me a message on the Facebook page.

Secondly We need to keep the sizes manageable I know there are some who only want to be in a group of 10 I would like to take this into consideration and will split into three groups One of 10, one of 15 and one for the remaining cabins. Anyone from the first groups can participate in groups that form after them. I will be participating in all groups.

Is everyone agreeable to splitting the groups this way?

I apologize for the delay but as soon as I have complete info I will finalize these lists. Please post your answers to these questions.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #544
The BBO Club
Earning My Ears

I would like to be added to fb.
We were wanting to do FE but there are already four groups. I guess we can just do it amongst ourselves. There are three families. 6 adults and 5 kids. It will only be the kids doing it. It is a complete surprise to them!!! Can't wait.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #545
KimDHR
Earning My Ears

I'm late to the party... but we will be sailing on this cruise as well and are very excited! Wondering about hotel ideas in Galveston--we need one that will shuttle us to the pier for the night before the sail date. I have never been to the port and don't have a good concept of how far things are spread out--we don't have a car so I would love a reasonably priced hotel with pool/close to beach and close to shops/restaurants. Ideas?
KimDHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #546
DJPoLo
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Two Weeks Away!

First time poster here...

Hi everyone! We're super excited about our upcoming cruise with y'all. We're staying in one of the Navigator's Veranda rooms and our friends got the <drool> Roy O. Disney suite. Our reservations are linked to theirs which should make this an amazing first cruise for our daughter.

As for the hotel question, we're traveling from Austin and used Priceline to score $49 rooms. Priceline doesn't allow you to choose the hotel, just the star rating. We lucked out and got the Beachcomber Inn for the Friday before the cruise and the Inn at the Waterpark for the Saturday after the cruise.

We're busy planning our door magnets and fish extenders this weekend.

C, B & B
DJPoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #547
sharpieink
Earning My Ears

8 days until our cruise!!!!
sharpieink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #548
J A C E
Earning My Ears

FB Update?

Can anyone give us non Facebookers an update of any important info we may have missed?

Time seems to have come to a stop, and I can use anything I can get to pass the time.

Thanks!

CCL '98, '01, '03, '11
DCL '13, '14 B2B

J A C E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #549
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

Very excited, the boys crossed off another day on the countdown calendar.

I have finally started packing, now that I finished the custom made T-shirts. I just love how the Avery T-Shirt Transfers turn out. We are able to buy t-shirts at Walmart in a host of colors for $6 and then another $2/sheet for the transfers - half price of what we would pay elsewhere, including the Disney Outlet.

Look forward to seeing everyone on the cruise!

beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #550
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

For all of the latecomers looking for info on Galveston, there is a great thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ight=galveston

In summary, plenty of parking and hotel options, though unsure of hotel availability at this point.

The weather in Houston finally dropped last night, 30 degree difference in 12 hours. It is expected to get warmer next weekend though, back to high in mid-80s, low in high 60s. No sweaters needed for this cruise, though I do bring one light jacket or hoodie just in case.

beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #551
pumpkinkate
Mouseketeer

Location: Arizona (2012), Idaho (2007-2012),Washington (1980-2007)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BBO Club
I would like to be added to fb.
We were wanting to do FE but there are already four groups. I guess we can just do it amongst ourselves. There are three families. 6 adults and 5 kids. It will only be the kids doing it. It is a complete surprise to them!!! Can't wait.
Anyone wanting to join the facebook page pm me your email address.
pumpkinkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #552
aja0031
Amy

ship mates

Hi. My son and I will be on this cruise. We are super excited! I've cruised before but never with Disney and this is my son's first. I'm really late on this but is there a fish extender group we can join?

Last edited by aja0031; 10-09-2013 at 10:35 PM.
aja0031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #553
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Only 2 more sleeps!
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
acourtwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #554
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja0031 View Post
Hi. My son and I will be on this cruise. We are super excited! I've cruised before but never with Disney and this is my son's first. I'm really late on this but is there a fish extender group we can join?
are you on our Facebook page? You can post there if anyone has extras they can contact you. We are meeting 3:00 on embarkation day in the Promenade Lounge deck 3. I can make an announcement if anyone's has extras and wants to exchange with you. We are also meeting the next morning and have a pajama breakfast planned for the last sea day. If you are in Galveston tomorrow night there is a pre-cruise meet at The Spot 5:30 just a casual meet. We are staying at the Galvez. We are in boarding group 1 and will be there early. I am on a red scooter name is Melissa.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #555
IrishGoofy1986
I'll see you there

Here we come.

On the road to Galveston.
All Music:1997,
AKL:2006
FWL:2007
Pop:2004,2007, 2007,2008, Spring10
PO:FQ:2001,2002
CB:2002
SS:2007
DCL:2008
PodCastCruise: May 2009
CP Disney World: Downtown Disney Fall 07-Spring 08, Epcot World Showcase Fall 2009- Spring 2010
IrishGoofy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5k run, castaway cay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: