Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #256
pmjj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan19712006 View Post
I think Dramamama has dropped out. I will post a prlinary list over the 4th of July4th weekend for the Fish Extenders. I also think we should set a deadline for sign up around Sept. 20.

Also is anyone interested in a mixology class? This includes 1 hour with an open bar. If so message me and I will contact DCL. I believe we need 25 people to book this experience.
I think your dates will work just fine! Thank you for keeping up with the list. Since I am making our gifts, a prelim list would be great!
pmjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #257
mandyjking
Earning My Ears

Bingo

Has anyone played bingo on the ship? My husband keeps asking me about how much it costs. If you have what did you think about it?

Thanks
Mandy
mandyjking is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #258
kpkm23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyjking View Post
Has anyone played bingo on the ship? My husband keeps asking me about how much it costs. If you have what did you think about it?

Thanks
Mandy
I have read its super expensive, that people spend a lot more than they had planned.
kpkm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #259
grubbsjj
Earning My Ears

DISname: grubbsjj
Name: Jennifer 29
Traveling with: DH (Coy) 32, DS (Ryder) 2, MIL (grandma) 73, FIL (papaw) 59
Part of FB group: yes
Participating in FE: yes, but clueless as to how it works.
Where you are from: Cypress, Texas

For Fun:
What ships have you sailed on: carnival (5) RCI (1) first time Disney cruisers!!
Most looking forward to on the ship: my sons reaction to the costumed characters. Currently terrified of them!
grubbsjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #260
grubbsjj
Earning My Ears

Forgot to mention we are in 2 cabins, 6072 and 6074.
grubbsjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #261
cindermouse
Earning My Ears

jumping ship

Due to a schedule conflict we're switching to the 10/26 cruise so take us off for the FE - 2 cabins for cindermouse. Thanks and have fun!!
cindermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #262
acourtwdw2
DIS Veteran

Is anyone platinum? Have you reserved your palo, excursions or spa appointments today?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #263
ballle_98
Mouseketeer

First time cruisers!

Hi all, we just booked our cruise last week. We're from Austin, TX. We have 2 daughters, aged 14 & 8, and 2 sons, aged 11 & 2. We have been visiting Disney World for years but never taken a cruise before. My daughters and I love crafts and would like to participate in the exchange. We already have some ideas for gifts. We do not know what our cabin numbers are yet. Look forward to meeting y'all!
Heather
ballle_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #264
BeHappyGin
Earning My Ears

Haven't Booked yet

Hi All, My son is deployed, should be home a couple weeks before this cruise and there will be about six adults and three children. We may have three cabins. We'll probably fly into Hobby so I'm looking for help to get hubby and I to the port on Saturday morning and back to the airport the following Sat.
BeHappyGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #265
BeHappyGin
Earning My Ears

Shuttle to port and back.

I saw that beaglefan and tawneycarter are from the area. Could one of you give me some tips on getting from the airport to the port and from the port to the airport?
Our flight arrives at 11 am on the 12th and we fly out at 3:40 on the 19th. Do you think that gives us enough time for the commute?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #266
BeHappyGin
Earning My Ears

Join the FE

If there is still time I would like to join the FE, just let me know what I have to do.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #267
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHappyGin View Post
I saw that beaglefan and tawneycarter are from the area. Could one of you give me some tips on getting from the airport to the port and from the port to the airport?
Our flight arrives at 11 am on the 12th and we fly out at 3:40 on the 19th. Do you think that gives us enough time for the commute?
Options are the Disney Shuttle (assuming you are flying into IAH) which would ensure that you have no issues with connecting.

the distance is far enough that a Taxi is not going to be reasonably priced, and you might as well get a shuttle/limo/town car. A rental car would be stressful if renting the day of.

If you search you will find more than a couple of posts, though I have read a reasonable priced option is:

Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle (http://cruiseshipshuttle.com)

I don't have any personal experience. We cram the entire family in our car and are packed!

Good luck!

beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #268
goiu
Mouseketeer

DIS Name: goiu
Name: Lisa
Traveling with: DH(Geoff), DD 7, DS 4, MIL and FIL
Part of the FB Group Yes (under my husbands name)
Participating in FE: Yes
Where are you from: Colorado

For Fun:
What Ships have you sailed on: Wonder (3) Magic (4)
Most looking forward to on the ship: Everything!
goiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #269
deputymama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHappyGin View Post
We'll probably fly into Hobby so I'm looking for help to get hubby and I to the port on Saturday morning and back to the airport the following Sat.
Hi. I just wanted to let you know that I looked into flying into/out of Hobby too but my conclusion was that it was just too complicated for me and my family to get to the boat from there. Disney does not have transportation from there and I couldn't find any other shuttles that would work. You could take a taxi but that is about $100 each way. Some people have rented a one way car in the past but it is looking like that is no longer an option. Keep looking. I'm sure you'll figure out something. But for me, I didn't want to chance it. Especially with a 1 yr old in tow.

deputymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #270
tawneycarter
Earning My Ears

Getting to port

So a couple of things about Houston / Galveston.- Sorry about the long post, I hope it answers a bunch of questions.

1. Houston is Big, really big, and the airports are no where near the port of Galveston. Its an hour from either airport to Galveston.
2. Galveston is a beach town which means there are lots of hotels and they are dependent on the beach and cruise crowd.
3. Almost all hotels in Galveston will have a shuttle to take you to the terminal. So if you arrive on the 11th, stay at a hotel in Galveston and take the shuttle to the terminal.
4. There are almost always 2 boats in port on embarkation days so that is an additional 6000 people in Galveston trying to get thru the terminal. Its not a painful experience if you are prepared for it and you stick to your PAT. Make sure that if you have children you prepare them by talking about the noises they might hear, the things they might see, and how important it is to stay close to mom and dad. If your child is prone to melt down the terminal is where it is most likely to happen. There is just too much stimulation.
5. If driving to Galveston. There are numerous places to park your car close to the terminal. There are two lots right by the ships that seem to pull most of the traffic at $70+ per week. Drive right past those dudes and keep a look out for a better price. I have parked in a secure parking lot with fences and security cameras for as little as $40 per week. You might be thinking but those guys are not walking distance, never fear they too have shuttles. Trust me you do not want to carry your luggage at all if you can avoid it. The two lots right across the street from those ships make you walk. Its a busy street and you have a weeks worth of clothing, FE's and all of your kids stuff.
6. Bring tips for the shuttles and the terminal porters. $1- $2 per bag is customary. Its just my DH and I and we normally have 1 big bag, 1 medium bag, and 1 hang up bag. I normally give the terminal porter a $10 because I want to make sure everything gets to the right place. I found out last time that if you tip a little heavy handed here, the porters will walk your bags to the front of the pile-o- baggage. This means that the cruise ship staff picks the bags up first and they get to your cabin door earlier over later.
7. Getting off the ship is a snap, leave your bags outside your cabin the night before and they magically appear in the terminal the next day. You will have a ticket that will show you where in the grid your luggage is at. Grab a porter give him the ticket and he will show you where to look. Then he will put them on his trolly and take them to the shuttle for your transfer either to the hotel, airport, or to your parking lot.
8. Cruise Staff are very busy on the last day so they want people off the boat as early as possible, you might feel a tad rushed. Do your self a favor and relax, eat breakfast in the buffet and slowly head out. If you are handling your own luggage this is not possible. If you take your time there is less luggage in the terminal to look thru, more porters available, and don't worry you will still be off the ship by 10 am.
tawneycarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5k run, castaway cay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: