Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #136
acourtwdw2
DIS Veteran

We're working on transportation also. We're flying in the night before and leaving the morning after. I called DCL and we can stay at the airport for 165 or at the port for 205 per room. then take their transport for 60 each but with 8 of us that's expensive. I like to have my own schedule but like the thought if not having to wait in long lines at the port with my luggage by checking in at the airport. I've heard they are not as organized as port canaveral.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #137
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw2 View Post
We're working on transportation also. We're flying in the night before and leaving the morning after. I called DCL and we can stay at the airport for 165 or at the port for 205 per room. then take their transport for 60 each but with 8 of us that's expensive. I like to have my own schedule but like the thought if not having to wait in long lines at the port with my luggage by checking in at the airport. I've heard they are not as organized as port canaveral.
We did not use their transportation but did stay at the same hotel the night before. I agree it didn't look as organized as Port Canaveral. The hotel is awesome, we got a city view and were able to see the ship from our window when we got up. We like to arrive early and get on ASAP so we stay close by. We just did the Magic out of Galveston March 1st. The terminal is not as nice and you have your cruise documents and ID's checked before you go through security.

I'm not sure the best options for transportation as there are not as many choices as in Florida. With 8 people would it be cheaper to rent a passenger van? That way you are in control of your own transportation. I have not looked at prices but it might be an option. There are several hotels that offer cruise parking and a shuttle, or you can park at many places near the port for approximate 12-15 dollars per day. Checking in at the port you can drop off everyone and the luggage,while one person goes to park the vehicle and take the shuttle back. This procedure took us about 15 minutes then we were all together and ready to head into the terminal.

Last edited by disneyfan19712006; 04-23-2013 at 10:53 PM.
disneyfan19712006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 PM   #138
hibes
Earning My Ears

I'm still trying to figure out the best plan for my family of 5 that's arriving Friday. Seems like super shuttle is the most reasonable since I can choose a cheaper hotel with a shuttle to port.
hibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #139
Arkum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibes View Post
I'm still trying to figure out the best plan for my family of 5 that's arriving Friday. Seems like super shuttle is the most reasonable since I can choose a cheaper hotel with a shuttle to port.
That's what we're thinking too. My family hasn't bought plane tickets yet so not sure which airport they'll fly into.
Arkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #140
pumpkinkate
Mouseketeer

Location: Arizona (2012), Idaho (2007-2012),Washington (1980-2007)

It seems a lot of us are in the same boat! (Haha!) Does anyone know the best airport to fly into?
pumpkinkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #141
imatex
Neurotically Disney Grandma #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinkate View Post
It seems a lot of us are in the same boat! (Haha!) Does anyone know the best airport to fly into?
The closest airport is Hobby Airport. It isn't as big of an airport as Houston Intercontinental, but is on the south side of Houston.

imatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #142
acourtwdw2
DIS Veteran

Hobby is the closest but disney does not offer transportation from there.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #143
DoanGalveston
Earning My Ears

Disney Wonder to Bahamas on Oct 12

We just signed up for the Disney Wonder Cruise out of Galveston for October 12. It's be our second Disney Cruise and so excited.

Is there a Facebook group for this group?

Just read through the thread and found the FB reference. Thanks pumpkinkate -- I'll send you an email request.

Hi Dramamama - We had such a good time with the FE group on the last cruise and look forward to doing it again. please add us to the FE group list.

Room GTY
DH
DW
DS11
DS8

Last edited by DoanGalveston; 04-27-2013 at 05:34 PM.
DoanGalveston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #144
Danielletx
Earning My Ears

We are officially booked!!

Room # GTY, Category 11C, Standard Inside Stateroom

Whatever that means! Yayyyy!!!

Mom and I.
Danielletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #145
Hart of Texas
Earning My Ears

We are booked on this cruise! It will be our first cruise and first Disney related trip. It will be me, hubby, daughter (6) and son (3). I am super excited! I'd love to be part of the facebook group too!
Hart of Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #146
imatex
Neurotically Disney Grandma #28

Welcome aboard!! Glad to have you joining us. It is our first Disney cruise also. We are counting down the days. I have an app that tells me everyday how many more days. I then text it to members of my family.

imatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #147
pumpkinkate
Mouseketeer

Location: Arizona (2012), Idaho (2007-2012),Washington (1980-2007)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart of Texas
We are booked on this cruise! It will be our first cruise and first Disney related trip. It will be me, hubby, daughter (6) and son (3). I am super excited! I'd love to be part of the facebook group too!
You can give me your email or friend request Kate Mickley profile pic is mickey & minnie.
pumpkinkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #148
Danielletx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinkate View Post
You can give me your email or friend request Kate Mickley profile pic is mickey & minnie.
Kate. I added you. I actually tried to PM you here. Didn't work.
Danielletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #149
Hart of Texas
Earning My Ears

I sent you a friend request Kate.
Hart of Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #150
mandyjking
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatex View Post
Welcome aboard!! Glad to have you joining us. It is our first Disney cruise also. We are counting down the days. I have an app that tells me everyday how many more days. I then text it to members of my family.
She does text us to let us know how many days it is. However it makes me smile most days especially if I'm having a bad day. I have something to look forward to!!!
mandyjking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5k run, castaway cay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: