Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #1441
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
I've lost 1.4 this week, 89.2 overall! I almost fell of the scale! Though I was as careful as I could be for Thanksgiving. I still ate my favorite things, but I modified them and ate much smaller portions. I tracked every day, even on Thanksgiving. The fact that we did all of the cooking helped, because I had control over all of the ingredients. Christmas will be more of a challenge, because it's not at my house!
Congrats on losing weight on a holiday! That's almost 90 pounds lost.

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #1442
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Thanks Jessie! We spent our long Thanksgiving weekend in Toronto again this year. It was lots of fun. I always think of you when we're in Canada. We did lots of walking -- and plenty of eating.

What did you do this time, Sandi?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #1443
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
What did you do this time, Sandi?
Went back to the ROM -- have you been yet? There is a new Dinosaur exhibit that your son would probably love. We did the CN Tower on our first night there. We had been up there during the day before, but the night view was pretty cool. Walking on the glass floor was creepy, but fun too. DD enjoys traveling around on the subways and streetcars, so we did lots of exploring of the city -- Chinatown and Little Italy were fun. Didn't get to Kensington this time. We stayed at the Cambridge Suites Toronto hotel -- I highly recommend this hotel. It was very quiet and very conveniently located -- in the Financial District (I think). We were a less than 5 minute walk to the Eaton Centre, so did a little shopping, too. The city was really hopping with the 100th Grey Cup thing going on. We weren't aware of it until we arrived.

I'm hopeful that with all of the walking we did, I don't do too bad on my WI tomorrow. I'm planning to get a run in tonight, so that might help, too.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #1444
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8

A "re-commitment ceremony" sounds like a good idea! How are things in MI? We are hoping to move back home next year. I agree, we need to choose more reasonable goals. I should be happy with losing the 1.6 I gained and then maintaining through the holidays.
Can I join in with the "re-commitment" ceremony too? I have so lost my way. The last month has been a mess for me, great days and not so great days. Throw in my parents, sister and niece her for a week for the holiday........my eating hasn't been pretty. To top it off my local meeting closed . They opened a new center about15- 20 minutes away and stopped the meeting which was like 1 mile from my house. Really don't want to travel that far but, I'll need to. Still have to go back through the thread and catch up on everyone's progress. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #1445
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
Can I join in with the "re-commitment" ceremony too? I have so lost my way. The last month has been a mess for me, great days and not so great days. Throw in my parents, sister and niece her for a week for the holiday........my eating hasn't been pretty. To top it off my local meeting closed . They opened a new center about15- 20 minutes away and stopped the meeting which was like 1 mile from my house. Really don't want to travel that far but, I'll need to. Still have to go back through the thread and catch up on everyone's progress. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

Sure Stephanie! I was doing so well and then in October I hit the wall. I want to lose 25 pounds before my DS 1st birthday. We want to try for another baby after that since I am getting soooo old. I just need to get my booty tracking, and get back on the treadmill. I bought a whole bunch of exercise DVDs, I just have to use them and stop making excuses.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #1446
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
A "re-commitment ceremony" sounds like a good idea! How are things in MI? We are hoping to move back home next year. I agree, we need to choose more reasonable goals. I should be happy with losing the 1.6 I gained and then maintaining through the holidays.
Where is your Michigan "home"? I'm in East Lansing -- Spartan Country. It's been pretty cold lately and I guess we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow -- then rain later in the week. Very weird weather. I would like to do a little better than maintaining over the next month, but I think a 1 pound per week goal is more reasonable than 2.5 pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post

Hey Stephanie -- I've been MIA for awhile, too. I'm glad we're all getting back on the Dis WW bus before the New Year. I'm so sorry your meeting location closed up. That totally stinks. But, maybe you can commit to driving the 15-20 minutes to get to a meeting once a week. Lord knows I'll drive further than that for a good restaurant, so . . .

Old 11-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #1447
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Sure Stephanie! I was doing so well and then in October I hit the wall. I want to lose 25 pounds before my DS 1st birthday. We want to try for another baby after that since I am getting soooo old. I just need to get my booty tracking, and get back on the treadmill. I bought a whole bunch of exercise DVDs, I just have to use them and stop making excuses.
I don't even want to know how "old" you are. I'm 50 with an 18 year old only child. Having only one wasn't my first plan, but it has worked out fine. She is a senior in high school and is starting to get back her college admissions now. Make sure you enjoy your little guy because the time goes way too fast. Also, he is watching how you eat, exercise, etc. so set a good example!

Old 11-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #1448
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Where is your Michigan "home"? I'm in East Lansing -- Spartan Country. It's been pretty cold lately and I guess we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow -- then rain later in the week. Very weird weather. I would like to do a little better than maintaining over the next month, but I think a 1 pound per week goal is more reasonable than 2.5 pounds.

Hey Stephanie -- I've been MIA for awhile, too. I'm glad we're all getting back on the Dis WW bus before the New Year. I'm so sorry your meeting location closed up. That totally stinks. But, maybe you can commit to driving the 15-20 minutes to get to a meeting once a week. Lord knows I'll drive further than that for a good restaurant, so . . .
Sandi, you crack me up. Yes I would also drive to the ends of the earth to eat at a good restaurant. I know I have no choice but to attend meetings. So I will be making the drive, but think I may move my weigh in day to Friday. It feels good to be back on the thread again. I didn't want to have the attitude of......I'll wait till January 1 to get back on track . That would spell nothing but trouble for me.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #1449
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't even want to know how "old" you are. I'm 50 with an 18 year old only child. Having only one wasn't my first plan, but it has worked out fine. She is a senior in high school and is starting to get back her college admissions now. Make sure you enjoy your little guy because the time goes way too fast. Also, he is watching how you eat, exercise, etc. so set a good example!
I am enjoying my little guy! This time of year is so much fun. He has no idea what is going on, but it is fun for me. I thought if I started getting into shape now, by the time he is walking I can chase after him
Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #1450
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
I am enjoying my little guy! This time of year is so much fun. He has no idea what is going on, but it is fun for me. I thought if I started getting into shape now, by the time he is walking I can chase after him
That is good motivation. You're doing the WDW half marathon, right? How is your training coming?

Old 11-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #1451
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is good motivation. You're doing the WDW half marathon, right? How is your training coming?
I need to take that out of my signature. I am signed up, but because of logistics I can't go now. I do have a bucket list goal of doing all of the WDW and DL runs. By nature I am not a runner, but a great walk/runner.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #1452
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Down 1.4 at my WI today. Very happy -- but it was work to get there. Tracking and exercising are keys for me. Tonight I'm doing a Cardio Tennis class. Haven't done one in about a month due to work schedule and traveling. I'll be a sweaty mess after the class!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #1453
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Down 1.4 at my WI today. Very happy -- but it was work to get there. Tracking and exercising are keys for me. Tonight I'm doing a Cardio Tennis class. Haven't done one in about a month due to work schedule and traveling. I'll be a sweaty mess after the class!
Awesome job Sandi! I need to get moving myself. Tonight I am back on the treadmill. That Cardio Tennis class sounds awesome.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #1454
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I had a great WI last night -- Down 3 lbs this week! Total off is 66. I really think I can make my goal of 70 lbs off by Christmas. Our leader talked to a group of us about providing her with a "before" picture in March for something that will be happening then. I already looked through my old pics when I entered the WW sweepstakes last summer and didn't find any "good" ones (man, that is a relative word in this case, 'cause they are all bad!). My dd suggested looking at Facebook pictures that I was tagged in and BINGO there were some excellent "before" pictures to pick from. How is it that I didn't realize what I looked like back then? Just looking at them is an encouragement to keep going.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #1455
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

This sounds like a really great week for losses. I'm down 1.9! I haven't seen a loss like that in quite a while.

Good luck to everyone else who still has to weigh in this week!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: