Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #1411
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Haven't checked in for several days. I'm not a great forum poster!

Anyhoo!

I hit my first 5% today! I'm down just over 13 pounds. I started the last weekend in September. I'm a happy lady. I'm feeling better, more energetic. I still have a ways to go but I feel confident I can keep my momentum. I haven't decided on a final goal. I'm just going to take it in 5% increments for awhile.

I'm doing a 5k this Thursday too. I'm toying with doing a half marathon in April so I want to see how I do in smaller events first.
Congrats on the 5%! Isn't it great to feel a change in your body?
pwdebbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #1412
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I have a strange problem

Ok, I think this is a strange problem. I started WW back in March and for the first time, I saw a big change in my appearance in pictures that were taken at my dgs's birthday party this week. Problem is -- I don't like the change! I think my face looks sickly. I look old. I now understand why someone said I was looking like my mother. My dh said the picture was taken from a bad angle. I don't know. I guess we will see what Thanksgiving pictures look like.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #1413
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

WI day today... I maintained. Exactly the same as last week. Apparently since I'm running, my WW leader said I should try eating my activity points. I'm kind of afraid but since I ate whatever I wanted 2 weeks ago and lost 2.6.. maybe I should. I just have to make sure I'm staying active and not slacking

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #1414
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Ok, I think this is a strange problem. I started WW back in March and for the first time, I saw a big change in my appearance in pictures that were taken at my dgs's birthday party this week. Problem is -- I don't like the change! I think my face looks sickly. I look old. I now understand why someone said I was looking like my mother. My dh said the picture was taken from a bad angle. I don't know. I guess we will see what Thanksgiving pictures look like.
You are looking at yourself with a very critical eye and you are not used to seeing your skinnier self. Your DH says your look fine, so I'm sure you really do look fine. Plus, weren't you sick this week? Maybe that was why you didn't look 100%.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #1415
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think that facial changes can be pretty drastic at first, but as you continue with what you're doing your body sort of gets used to it. If you think about JHudson pictures from awhile back, she wasn't looking AS fabulous as she did before, but now her face seems to have settled in to her new weight. I felt the same way about my face; as I started loosing fat from under the skin I felt a bit droopy, but now my skin *seems* to have tightened up a bit as I've continued to lose more fat, and it looks better.

I've also noticed it in a friend who has had weight gains and losses because of extremely long term use of prednisone. When she finally was off of it, first she looked drawn and tired, but then her face perked up after a bit.

I hope the same thing happens to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Plus, weren't you sick this week? Maybe that was why you didn't look 100%.
That's a really good point.

Last week I lost (was sick, too), this week I gained (stupid hormones, but at least I'm not sick anymore), but I got a GREAT new coat. One of the receptionists and I have hit it off, and I had mentioned this white coat I bought last year that is now drastically too big for me. She said that a relative of hers is that size, and that she had a white winter coat that she had undergrown, and we should swap coats. So we did that. Her relative really liked my old coat, and I really really like her old coat.

The conversation started because another woman at the meeting had spent a bunch of time and money in getting a swimsuit that fit, then life got in the way of her water aerobics and she didn't wear it for months. Finally got to the pool the other week, and the suit doesn't fit, it's far too big for her now. So now she has a brand new, expensive suit that doesn't fit, and she was saying she wished we could bring in our old clothes and swap. I think it's easier to swap winter coats rather than swim suits, though.

Today DH bought an Active Link. He's psyched to have a new gadget. I know he's happy, too, because he lost and I gained this week. Heck, I'm glad for him, too!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #1416
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Haven't checked in for several days. I'm not a great forum poster!

Anyhoo!

I hit my first 5% today! I'm down just over 13 pounds. I started the last weekend in September. I'm a happy lady. I'm feeling better, more energetic. I still have a ways to go but I feel confident I can keep my momentum. I haven't decided on a final goal. I'm just going to take it in 5% increments for awhile.

I'm doing a 5k this Thursday too. I'm toying with doing a half marathon in April so I want to see how I do in smaller events first.
Yeah! Congrats on reaching your 5% mark. Great for you for doing a 5k, let us know how it goes!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #1417
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
I noticed that my eyes seems to pop out more out of my head.

But I did notice a difference in my face, probably because I am not use to seeing myself thinner. I am sure you look great!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #1418
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your responses. Yes, I did have a stomach bug a few days before the picture was taken. I do hope things tighten up so there is less droopy skin but I've been told at my age (57) my skin may have lost its elasticity. Wait and see!

Did you all get your postcards this week? I had written on mine, "This Thanksgiving I will not hide from the camera." What timing!
Old 11-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #1419
Disneypixy
Earning My Ears

So I started weight watchers about 3 months ago I have lost 18 lbs (not that I intend on finding them again) but I have kinda levelled out and I'm looking for some more motivation and a trip to Disney in April is just that! I've made my 5% and 10% just !
Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #1420
StayCool
Mouseketeer

Well I did a crappy job tracking this week, but I didn't quite entirely fall off the wagon this week. At least I'm more aware of what I'm eating even if I shouldn't be eating it! lol But I did WI today and was down .2 so I will take it. If I can just get through the rest of the semester I can focus better on WW. Hope everyone has a great day!

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #1421
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneypixy View Post
So I started weight watchers about 3 months ago I have lost 18 lbs (not that I intend on finding them again) but I have kinda levelled out and I'm looking for some more motivation and a trip to Disney in April is just that! I've made my 5% and 10% just !
I'm going in April also. We have an "Official April 2013" thread going, so come join us. Plus, there is a "challenge" on the WW site for losing weight for our Disney trips.

Perhaps this is a bad way to think, but I find that having the trip to look forward to encourages me to eat properly now. You see, I tell myself, "Why eat that cupcake now when you can have one of those beautiful Disney cupcakes in April?" or "There's a Mickey pretzel in my future, I can eat this granola bar for now." There are a few things I intend to eat at WDW that I put in the category of "can't really get it any other place, so I will allow myself these treats." There's a salted caramel bar at Karamel Kuche, a funnel cake at either the American Pavilion or Liberty Square, and or course the cinnamon roll.

I joined WW last March and hope to have 80 lbs off by our Disney trip. WI is today for me and I know I will be up because I was sick last week and was down 4.8 pounds. According to my scale, I am now up 3 pounds, but then that would level out to a 1.8 lb actual loss over two weeks, and I'm good with that!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #1422
Disneypixy
Earning My Ears

Hey so it was wi day yesterday and lost .5 so I'm happy with that but I feel I'm plateauing a bit
Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #1423
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Down 1.2, 87.8 overall! I have less than 30 pounds to go!

This will be my first ever Thanksgiving during weight loss. I always quit before Thanksgiving before! I have looked at my recipes and made some healthy switches, plus added an extra veggie dish. I am going to weigh Friday just to see what happens!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #1424
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

As I expected, after being sick last week and down 4.8, I was up this week 3.6. So total real loss for two weeks was 1.2, which is slower than I've been losing. But I still think I can make that 70 lb goal by Christmas. I'm officially down 63 lbs. now.

There was a lady there that missed last week because she was in Disney. Her two-week loss was 1.2! So, she didn't gain any Disney pounds. I don't think that will be my story after our April trip.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #1425
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our leader told us about going over someone's tracker when they had plateaued for a while. She said that she saw 7 bananas daily on the tracker and thought it must have been a mistake, that it should have been 1 daily and 7 for the week. Nope, the woman was eating 7 bananas every day because after all they are 0 points. Our leader had to tell her that they might be 0 points but they are not 0 calories and there is a point at which too much of 0 points will sabotage your weight loss. As for me, I cannot imagine eating 7 bananas a day.
I eat 4 or 5 every day. I decided that all those bananas likely had something to do with my struggle the last little while so this week I only had 4 during the whole week. I actually did see my scale go down since last Wednesday, however, yesterday I made chocolate chip cookies. Need I say more?!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: