Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #1351
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8
I'm down 3.4 pounds, 86.2 overall! Only 30 pounds to go! I am trying to lose 10 more by the end of the year. Here's hoping!
What an inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been here because of Sandy. I have no power at my house but am GLAD to be back at work. I hope everyone here fared well and is safe and sound!!!
All that shivering must have done me well last week. I lost 2.6 and I'm down a total of 38.6 since May 1.

It's going to take me awhile to catch up reading everything here but congrats to all who are sticking with it. No matter what- just keep going. We're all going to be hot tamales (I'm a cold tamale til that heat kicks in at home ) !!
Have a great week everyone!!
So sorry to hear this, we were spared power loss this time around (CT) but have several friends still without. Stay warm and hope it is restored soon. WTG on the loss! We were always in survival mode to use stuff up that eating was far from healthy.

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #1352
luv2boys
DVC Boardwalk Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieluvsDisney View Post
I tried that too and it didn't work. I really need to track to keep me accountable! Did you start tracking again?
It was hit and miss this weekend....did things I ate at home, so about half but I did try to watch what I was eating while out....I'm down 20 pounds this year and dont want to "diet" to lose alot and then gain it back. I want to learn to eat correctly and lose the last 10 and then be able to keep it off. Glad I found this place so I can come hear and divulge my ups and downs.
luv2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #1353
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been here because of Sandy. I have no power at my house but am GLAD to be back at work. I hope everyone here fared well and is safe and sound!!!
All that shivering must have done me well last week. I lost 2.6 and I'm down a total of 38.6 since May 1.

It's going to take me awhile to catch up reading everything here but congrats to all who are sticking with it. No matter what- just keep going. We're all going to be hot tamales (I'm a cold tamale til that heat kicks in at home ) !!
I am so glad you are safe! I hope you get your power back on soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303

What an inspiration!
Thank you! If I can do this, anyone can!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #1354
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
I'm down 3.4 pounds, 86.2 overall! Only 30 pounds to go! I am trying to lose 10 more by the end of the year. Here's hoping!
Every time you post, you make my goal seem more reachable. I just realized that we are both aiming for about the same amount of loss.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #1355
averill94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post

I am glad it is working for you!!!!! I could not get to a meeting this weekend since our cars were lost and there isnt any gas anyway but I have not stopped eating. I am being such a pig. I mustve gained 5-8 pounds in the last week. We got our power back Sunday night and were hooting and hollering as if we won lotto.

I am blessed that my house is standing and that my family is ok.

I hope this finds everyone on here well and getting back to some kind of normal after Sandy
Old 11-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #1356
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Haven't done so well the past few weeks.....no gain so I am pleased with that! Back at it this week and making sure I record everything I eat. For some reason I have a hard time with something that should be so simple. Lol. Going out of town next week for business. Any pointers from travelers? Was thinking of packing snacks in my luggage (flying) - anyone done this and what did you take?

Glad to see a lot of you post that were affected by Sandy. Hope things continue to improve and more of you get power, gas, etc.
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #1357
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94 View Post
I am glad it is working for you!!!!! I could not get to a meeting this weekend since our cars were lost and there isnt any gas anyway but I have not stopped eating. I am being such a pig. I mustve gained 5-8 pounds in the last week. We got our power back Sunday night and were hooting and hollering as if we won lotto.

I hope this finds everyone on here well and getting back to some kind of normal after Sandy
Yay for power back. My niece in NJ still doesn't have hers. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all this stuff and I hope things come together for you quickly. I agree that you are blessed your home is still standing. When I see some pictures, it is heartbreaking. I've been praying that all those who were impacted by last week's storm won't be reliving it again this week with the nor'easter. Going through what you have, I can understand WW being on the back burner for a bit. But since you've posted here, that tells me that you are dedicated to the plan and I'm sure you'll be back on the ball as soon as things start to fall back into place for you.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #1358
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm so sorry you lost your cars but am glad you have power back and that you are safe & sound! Ours isn't back yet, but when we lost power last year with that Oct snowstorm, we hooted and hollered too I might cry this time around. The first thing I'm doing is taking a hot shower in my OWN shower! I've been showering at a coworker's house & carpooling in with her because of the gas situation.
I haven't been counting points, and this week, I'm not so sure how I'm doing-- I may gain this week. I think I was more on edge last week and that's how I lost that weight. I guess I'll see what happens on Saturday.
Hope you have a better week!!

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #1359
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Up 1.6. My scale here had me even with last week.

I knew I ate a bit more (well, eTools yelled at me after the last weigh in that I was losing to fast, that's my excuse) but that much? To further rationalize, I forgot to empty the change out of my pockets and my shirt was heavier.

No reason to be bumbed about it -- I had two pasta dinners, one cheesesteak sub, lunch at TGIFridays and lunch at Texas Roadhouse in the past seven days. And used 20 of my weekly points.

Next week will be a better WI. (Oh, did I mention that my favorite seasonal cookie is out? Stauffers Dark Chocolate Stars. I found them in the tracker, 1 pt per cookie. Not bad!)
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #1360
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Going out of town next week for business. Any pointers from travelers? Was thinking of packing snacks in my luggage (flying) - anyone done this and what did you take?
DH travels about half the year, and he will tell you that it's part of the reason he's on a slower track for losing than I am. (the other reasons are a pituitary tumor that interferes with loss, and a naturally slower metabolism that has plagued him all his life...or, at least since his mom put him on his first diet...at THREE years old ) Having to estimate your points, not being able to easily get your Good Health Guidelines, and dealing with the sodium in restaurant foods (he's sensitive to sodium) will add up into difficulties when you're away as much as he is!

Luckily he has recently been able to have a rental car on trips, and he can get to grocery stores to get bottled water, fruits for the room (like bananas and apples that will survive a little while outside of a fridge), and snacks with nutrition info labels.

If you have a car, and a little fridge with a tiny freezer in your room, and if you like the Weight Watchers ice cream things, you can have those around. DH's high Points saved him on one trip b/c he ate a pint of Haagen Dasz one night...he doesn't want to do that again, so he got the WW Toffee Crunch ice cream bars the last time. Much easier for him to control.

Snacks that really work for you and can be put in your carryon (or in a checked bag if you don't worry about bags being delayed or lost) are a great idea, especially if you won't have a car.

If you're staying at a hotel with a "manager reception" or some sort of happy hour type gathering, it might be best to just stay away. The snacks and free beer aren't often worth it!

Quote:
I am glad it is working for you!!!!! I could not get to a meeting this weekend since our cars were lost and there isnt any gas anyway but I have not stopped eating. I am being such a pig. I mustve gained 5-8 pounds in the last week.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #1361
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
DH travels about half the year, and he will tell you that it's part of the reason he's on a slower track for losing than I am. (the other reasons are a pituitary tumor that interferes with loss, and a naturally slower metabolism that has plagued him all his life...or, at least since his mom put him on his first diet...at THREE years old ) Having to estimate your points, not being able to easily get your Good Health Guidelines, and dealing with the sodium in restaurant foods (he's sensitive to sodium) will add up into difficulties when you're away as much as he is!

Luckily he has recently been able to have a rental car on trips, and he can get to grocery stores to get bottled water, fruits for the room (like bananas and apples that will survive a little while outside of a fridge), and snacks with nutrition info labels.

If you have a car, and a little fridge with a tiny freezer in your room, and if you like the Weight Watchers ice cream things, you can have those around. DH's high Points saved him on one trip b/c he ate a pint of Haagen Dasz one night...he doesn't want to do that again, so he got the WW Toffee Crunch ice cream bars the last time. Much easier for him to control.

Snacks that really work for you and can be put in your carryon (or in a checked bag if you don't worry about bags being delayed or lost) are a great idea, especially if you won't have a car.

If you're staying at a hotel with a "manager reception" or some sort of happy hour type gathering, it might be best to just stay away. The snacks and free beer aren't often worth it!

Thanks for sharing!!! Purchased some things yesterday to have in the room that can go in my luggage ok. Will not have a car but hoping their is a shop near by. Already gearing up to make good choices at the provided breakfast and lunches they provide - hoping the snacks are healthy (fruit would be great) but if not, I'll fit the urge and turn away. Already have my sneakers and workout clothes laid out so I can hit the gym each day.
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #1362
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Wow! 86.2 pounds! Amazing. Congrats, I am sure you can lose 10 pounds by the end of the year. This is really inspiring, I think i will set that goal too. Thank you!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #1363
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

WI Day! This hasn't been the best week eating wise. I have tracked all my foods, but I ate way too much on some days. And did not exercise that much either this week. But, still, I have managed to lose 0.4 pounds. Not much, but I'll take it considering the week I had. Bringing my total weight loss to 20.8 pounds.

Have a good week everyone, and congrats to everyone on their losses.

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #1364
TiggerFan3590
Mouseketeer

WI was yesterday and much better than the week before.... I was up 2.4 last WI and was a bit confused.... I had stayed within my points every day, exercised 6 out of 7 days that included a 6.5 mile relay race with my BFF and was UP for the week.... This last week I lowered my daily points by 2, upon advise from my leader, eliminated bread, exercised twice a day-once in the morning 30 mins and in the afternoon 60+ mins-every day and paid close attention to every point I consumed, all points are not created equally (a new concept for me...) and I am down 3.6..... Lots of work, but happy with the result...... I have to get the weight train moving in a downward direction.......
1995-CBR/Swan
2000-ASM
2006-DD High School Grad DS First Trip-CBR
2010-DS 8th Birthday BC-CL
2012-First Half Marathon-Tinker Bell DL

2014-Glass Slipper Challenge Completed!
2014-DDD-Earning my CTC

2015-TinkerBell Half with DS, DD and DF
2015-WDW to Celebrate
TiggerFan3590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #1365
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Tigger, you made a LOT of changes in one week! And was that based on one week of a gain?

If it happens in the future, I, personally, would really look back in your tracker to the *two* weeks before the unhappy weigh in. For me, I find that it's about a week and a half to show results on the scale; one week doesn't do much. That's why sometime people will eat the earth and still lose...they need to be careful for the *next* week so they don't see a gain the following week. Or people will do really good, like you did, one week, but see a gain that COULD have been caused by the previous week.

Working out many times a day can cause extra water to be retained, as the muscles heal themselves. It's part of the muscle repair process, to pull water in. And for some bizarre reason, sometimes when some of us don't fuel ourselves properly for working out, we can stall out or even gain. I know that I started to lose *better* when I started to eat my Activity Points (carefully calculated with my heart rate monitor, using 80 calories burned per AP). I need the extra fuel, and I also need to drink scads of water on days that I work out. That way I keep the water retention away.

that's just my unsolicited advice based on my own particular experiences. Take it or leave it, it's OK, but I wanted to put it out there.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: