Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #1336
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Good morning! I weighed in today for a loss of 1.6 lbs! I skipped weigh-in last week so that's really a 2-week loss. That's OK by me since that puts me 2.4 away from my Thanksgiving goal. I usually lose pretty slowly, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to lose nearly a pound per week. I looked back at my weight loss average since I re-booted myself and it's .8 per week which puts me right on target! Good news is that the (Stinkin') Badgers have a bye week so no tailgating tomorrow .
Congratulations on that loss. That's impressive!

I couldn't believe the Spartans pulled it out last week against your Badgers. It is not a good year to bleed green.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #1337
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I couldn't believe the Spartans pulled it out last week against your Badgers. It is not a good year to bleed green.
I know! I was there! What an ugly game. I did think of you . Our quarterback Joel Stave broke his collarbone in that game and he'll be out for the rest of the season. Our back-up QB, Danny O'Brien, had to jump in a try to play. He wasn't very good at the start of the year and he wasn't very good on Saturday. THANK GOODNESS we have a bye week so O'Brien can work with the offensive line. The are all pretty young and finally came around for Stave and I think they will come around for O'Brien. I hope. We have Indana, OSU and Penn State left on the schedule and Montee Ball needs 5 more TDs to break the NCAA career record for TDs. He didn't get any against Sparty.

ETA: We'll be in Tampa for New Year's Eve and I was kinda hoping that Bucky would go to the Outback Bowl. I think they can still do it especially since PSU is out of the Bowl picture.

Last edited by robinb; 11-02-2012 at 12:41 PM.
robinb is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #1338
Reptarella
Earning My Ears

Hi ,

I'm Susie, this is my first ever post on DIS, I'm 25 and I live in Scotland. I'm starting ww on Monday and this seemed like such a friendly board so I just had to join in . I have 64lbs to lose and at the moment it feels like a massive challenge. I've tried to start ww a few time but its always fallen flat, so I'm going to try really hard to stay motivated this time.

My fiance and I are going to WDW on the 1st of February. It's our first holiday together and its also the first time either of us has been to WDW, I've been to Disneyland Paris by myself but it'll be his first time at any Disney park , so I'd like to get my weight down a bit by then

On top of ww I'm going to do some zumba on the wii. I've been wanting to try running for a while but I'm not real confident about it, I'm going to give it a try anyway. I'm thinking about following a running plan for beginners that's outlined in zest running guide for women.

Reptarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #1339
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptarella View Post
Hi ,

I'm Susie, this is my first ever post on DIS, I'm 25 and I live in Scotland. I'm starting ww on Monday and this seemed like such a friendly board so I just had to join in . I have 64lbs to lose and at the moment it feels like a massive challenge. I've tried to start ww a few time but its always fallen flat, so I'm going to try really hard to stay motivated this time.

My fiance and I are going to WDW on the 1st of February. It's our first holiday together and its also the first time either of us has been to WDW, I've been to Disneyland Paris by myself but it'll be his first time at any Disney park , so I'd like to get my weight down a bit by then

On top of ww I'm going to do some zumba on the wii. I've been wanting to try running for a while but I'm not real confident about it, I'm going to give it a try anyway. I'm thinking about following a running plan for beginners that's outlined in zest running guide for women.

We're glad to have you join us here. Not only can we talk WW, we can also help you with any planning questions you might have.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #1340
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptarella View Post
Hi ,

Welcome Susie! Like Debbie said, we're happy to help with WW ideas and WDW planning. This is a great thread full of really helpful people (who just keep getting smaller and smaller!).

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #1341
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

I just did something unprecedented. I just spent an hour at the gym at Old Key West! My first time working out at WDW, other than the casual exercise I get from all the walking. I'm not tracking while I am on vacation, so I figured I out to work off some of the Food & Wine! Hopefully any gain I have will be minimal, since I am being somewhat sensible and staying very active.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #1342
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee
I just did something unprecedented. I just spent an hour at the gym at Old Key West! My first time working out at WDW, other than the casual exercise I get from all the walking. I'm not tracking while I am on vacation, so I figured I out to work off some of the Food & Wine! Hopefully any gain I have will be minimal, since I am being somewhat sensible and staying very active.
That is awesome! I have aspirations of using the jogging routes but never do.

On a positive note, down .4 as I wait for my WW meeting to start!

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #1343
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

I am down 2 for the week. So I lost what I gained. But I think having a stomach bug had something to do with it. I still need to get tracking again!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #1344
luv2boys
DVC Boardwalk Villas

No tracking for october....gained 5 at least i know i cant do it without tracking
luv2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #1345
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2boys View Post
No tracking for october....gained 5 at least i know i cant do it without tracking
That's good information to have! Now you know what to do. Did you track today?

Gained .2. I've been sick and I got this lovely garlicky veggie wonton soup from a local Asian fusion place in town as a form of medicine. I ate the entire container (for health purposes of course) the night before WI. While the restaurant doesn't use MSG, they do use salt! whoopsie! I'm not worried about it...when I put my pants on WI morning they felt looser than they ever had, so I'm feeling good about that. Can't wait for this stupid cold to go away so I can get back to working out! (some people can workout while sick, but since illnesses hit me in the lungs and I'm prone to asthma anyway, so I don't)

Dh thought he'd gained 5. So finding out it was only 1 made him happy. He took this week off to help out with his mom, so he hasn't had his baseline activity which involves walking to and from public transit or even walking around his office. He goes back to work tomorrow so that will change.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #1346
kathie859
DIS Veteran

I bit the bullet and dropped by my WW Center for a weigh-in. I've missed the past 4 weeks due to a 2 week vacation and illness. I knew it would be ugly--I'm up 6 lbs So today I have committed to tracking everything and getting back on the program. On the plus side, I am still lighter than I was when I started WW a few months ago.

I ran by the grocery afterwards and stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies and my favorite WW treat (the dark chocolate raspberry bars---only 2 pts). So now I'm prepared to move forward. I'd thought I'd be a little more bummed than I am--I knew I gained (my jeans told me!) but somehow I feel relieved knowing that I can "fix" it.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #1347
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2boys View Post
I tried that too and it didn't work. I really need to track to keep me accountable! Did you start tracking again?

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #1348
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee
Oh awesome! Was just looking at an article on the great gyms at deluxe resorts. They looked fantastic! Kudos to you for going!
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #1349
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

I'm down 3.4 pounds, 86.2 overall! Only 30 pounds to go! I am trying to lose 10 more by the end of the year. Here's hoping!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #1350
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been here because of Sandy. I have no power at my house but am GLAD to be back at work. I hope everyone here fared well and is safe and sound!!!
All that shivering must have done me well last week. I lost 2.6 and I'm down a total of 38.6 since May 1.

It's going to take me awhile to catch up reading everything here but congrats to all who are sticking with it. No matter what- just keep going. We're all going to be hot tamales (I'm a cold tamale til that heat kicks in at home ) !!
Have a great week everyone!!

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: