Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #1321
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Another good WI. When I have a good WI one week, I really don't expect another one for a few weeks, so this was quite the surprise. Down 2.6, for a total now of 63.4. (I did not like this meeting leader, I'm glad for the lady we have on Tuesday nights.)
Congrats on the 2.6 pounds loss. Wow, 63.4! That's awesome.

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #1322
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

I ate really bad today. I need to get back on the horse, again.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #1323
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Another good WI. When I have a good WI one week, I really don't expect another one for a few weeks, so this was quite the surprise. Down 2.6, for a total now of 63.4. (I did not like this meeting leader, I'm glad for the lady we have on Tuesday nights.)
Whoo woo! That is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Climbing back on the horse is so much harder than continuing to eat badly. That, IMO, is the biggest NSV of all .
Old 11-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #1324
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

Well, I am proud to say I have not eaten ANY Halloween candy yay! I still ended yesterday at 35 P+ (I'm at 26). A local garden place has a Halloween parade. We had an early dinner there as all goodies are free on Halloween, I had 2 hot dogs, only 1 roll, skipped the popcorn and cider though. This was at 4:15. By 9pm DH and I were STARVING and each had 2 White Castle cheeseburgers, not too terrible overall compared to what we could have eaten. We had some friends over and a neighbor counted - 260 ToTers! The guys took the kids out and I hung out at home with two friends. We live in a cul de sac neighborhood and, in addition to local kids, people drop off and visit in droves. It's fun though, 98% of the kids were very polite. We are popular as we make grown up treats too ) This year I did a Tastefully Simple Mai Tai mix that I added green food coloring too - Monster punch! I did have 1 Dixie cup (small bathroom size) of that lol.

About 1/3 of the candy is here at work, in my office, in my candy dish. I WILL be strong. I took pictures this morning of a bikini I got that I am DESPERATE to wear. I don't think I'm be there for our BWV trip but I WILL be in it next May at BCV!

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #1325
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajl View Post
Okay so new goal to be 146 pounds. Have 12.4 lbs to go, I can do this!
I have a niece getting married in Houston in either Feb or March and my other niece in Dallas having a baby about that time!
Need to get in shape and lose this weight before then.
Lost .8 tonight, need to stay positive!!
We have similar goals...though I'm a little further away from it than you right now! Hope you pick out a new outfit at your goal weight for the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

But my caveat is...since around the second month back on WW I've been including small, portion-controlled, desserts, so I have practice at this. If you don't yet have that control, or haven't worked at it quite yet, that might not work for you at all. This doesn't *really* work for DH, and he just tends to avoid the candy, since it's such a huge trigger for him. Plus, he's surrounded by it when he's at his office, which makes it even harder for him.

An idea could be to get the NI for the candies you are tempted by now, work out the points, and that way you have the info before you have the candies in front of you.
I never ate desserts until I started weight watchers...for some reason, I needed that to trigger the end of the meal...but portion control is key. Certain items are no longer allowed in the house!

Quote:
Congrats to all the losers!

I went to my meeting tonight and the doors were locked. Nobody home. But a nice size group standing outside the doors waiting. Three hours after I got home I had an email -- "We're Open today." (but call this number to be sure). It was time stamped 8:54. Just a wee bit late.

Dd and I are going to go back up tomorrow morning for a meeting but we'll have her 4yo twins with us. Could be interesting.

We made out fine with the storm in spite of living in the middle of a state forest. No trees down and no power loss. Thanking the Lord for that blessing!
Glad to hear you made it through the storm well! I would think ANYTHING with 4yo twins would be intersting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieluvsDisney View Post
WI day! After 2 big losses in the past 2 weeks, I am up this morning. 0.2 pounds. I was a little desapointed, but I know all those halloween treats aren't helping!!!

Congrats everyone on their losses. Let's have a great week!
You'll get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
Down 0.4 today!

For me, I have to say NO to all the halloween candy because once I start, I have trouble stopping. I can say NO to all of it much easier than I can say NO to the rest of it!
I am generally either none or 100 myself! I don't get trick or treaters (condo complex) so I didn't need to bring it in my house...there was a lot of work for the past few weeks...and I had one piece the whole time!

Quote:
I usually don't expect two good weeks in a row either, but am always happy when they happen! Congrats!

Quote:
Yes you do! It's easier to recover from one week off the wagon, than 6 weeks or two years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303 View Post
Well, I am proud to say I have not eaten ANY Halloween candy yay! I still ended yesterday at 35 P+ (I'm at 26). A local garden place has a Halloween parade. We had an early dinner there as all goodies are free on Halloween, I had 2 hot dogs, only 1 roll, skipped the popcorn and cider though. This was at 4:15. By 9pm DH and I were STARVING and each had 2 White Castle cheeseburgers, not too terrible overall compared to what we could have eaten. We had some friends over and a neighbor counted - 260 ToTers! The guys took the kids out and I hung out at home with two friends. We live in a cul de sac neighborhood and, in addition to local kids, people drop off and visit in droves. It's fun though, 98% of the kids were very polite. We are popular as we make grown up treats too ) This year I did a Tastefully Simple Mai Tai mix that I added green food coloring too - Monster punch! I did have 1 Dixie cup (small bathroom size) of that lol.

About 1/3 of the candy is here at work, in my office, in my candy dish. I WILL be strong. I took pictures this morning of a bikini I got that I am DESPERATE to wear. I don't think I'm be there for our BWV trip but I WILL be in it next May at BCV!
I didn't realize that tastefully simple had a mai tai mix....going to look for that now!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #1326
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

I need encouragement. October was not kind to me and I totally stopped counting points. Now up 7 pounds. Seriously questioning myself.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #1327
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Good morning! I'd like to introduce myself. I am PJLLA (usually known here on the Dis as "P"). I have been a lurker here occasionally on your thread, but have been most active for about 4 years on the BL challenges. But it seems that our current challenge is on life-support and I am needing a place to chat, so here I am, on your doorstep. Hope that is okay.

As of 01/02/13 I will be 5 years on my current WW journey. I lost nearly 90 pounds and have kept it off, thanks to WW. I'd love to have a place to still come and chat about weight loss, WW, exercise, and anything in general.

Thanks..........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #1328
figment814
Mouseketeer

Official weigh in this morning...down 1.4!

This means:
I hit my first 10 pound mark (10.6).
I hit my first 5%.
I am wearing jeans today that I haven't worn in two years.
Belts are starting to serve a purpose again.

I have my second quick trip to food and wine fest this weekend, so I expect I'll put on a couple of pounds, and then take them off again...but I am confident that I will get right back on the wagon.

My personal mini goal is to lose another 10 by January 3, doable but tough considering the holidays.
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #1329
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
I need encouragement. October was not kind to me and I totally stopped counting points. Now up 7 pounds. Seriously questioning myself.
Bummer {{hugs}}. If I were you I would 'reset" your starting weight so you can start to get motivational things like stickers or stars (if you're online only) right away. Those kind of things really encourage me ... much like a preschooler . Also, hang out here more. I find that I do better if I read and post here.

ETA: Do you think that you might do better on Simply Filling since you don't like to track?
Old 11-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #1330
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom
October is gone and today is a perfect day to get back on the wagon. I am guessing you *know* the program. One day at a time, today can be a perfect day.

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #1331
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How often to look at this thread? I check all my subscribed DIS threads twice a day and when I come here, it is my reminder to track if I've forgotten. You could do the same -- every time you check in here, it is time to track.

Don't let one month ruin what you've accomplished so far. We know that the toughest six weeks of the year are looming ahead of us and we need to get our mindset in place now in order to make it through. You can let today, November 1, be a fresh start and when Thanksgiving gets here, you'll have three weeks of success under your belt and that should inspire you to press on toward your goal in spite of the circumstances.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #1332
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Track it, learn from it, and move on! One of the women in my meeting eats all of the Weekly points on the day of our weigh-in. She went out to eat that day, and ate all Daily, all Weekly, and then went over that by 79 points. In one day.

She is an amazing and strong person, because she wrote it all down, calculated it (I've been known to just write the words down without the numbers), and did all that she could that week to offset it. (without doing anything like eating under her Daily points of course) That next WI, she shared it with us, and had only gained .2. I forget how she did the next week, but by the following week she had started losing again.

So track it, learn, and carry on!

Quote:
Don't let one month ruin what you've accomplished so far.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #1333
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from. Hang in there.

Just go one day at a time, try to start tracking slowly and I'm sure you will get back on track.

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #1334
robinb
DIS Veteran

Good morning! I weighed in today for a loss of 1.6 lbs! I skipped weigh-in last week so that's really a 2-week loss. That's OK by me since that puts me 2.4 away from my Thanksgiving goal. I usually lose pretty slowly, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to lose nearly a pound per week. I looked back at my weight loss average since I re-booted myself and it's .8 per week which puts me right on target! Good news is that the (Stinkin') Badgers have a bye week so no tailgating tomorrow .
Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #1335
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Track it, learn from it, and move on! One of the women in my meeting eats all of the Weekly points on the day of our weigh-in. She went out to eat that day, and ate all Daily, all Weekly, and then went over that by 79 points. In one day.

She is an amazing and strong person, because she wrote it all down, calculated it (I've been known to just write the words down without the numbers), and did all that she could that week to offset it. (without doing anything like eating under her Daily points of course) That next WI, she shared it with us, and had only gained .2. I forget how she did the next week, but by the following week she had started losing again.

So track it, learn, and carry on!

That is what I do. I write and calculate EVERYTHING. Every bratwurst, beer and jagermeister shot on game day. I've had a 60-point day . I track it, I move on and I adjust the rest of the week. FWIW, I believe that writing stuff down without the numbers is OK too since you are still being accountable for what you're eating.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: