facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #1291
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
Ok. Copy this.

[ url= http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining [ /url ]

BUT take the spaces out from inside the brackets. Then I think you will get what you are looking for.

OK, that's it! I'm just leaving it the way it is. Thanks so much for trying!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #1292
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

I was up .2 on Wednesday.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #1293
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
OK, that's it! I'm just leaving it the way it is. Thanks so much for trying!
It's so hard to show the process, because if you type it out exactly, it creates whatever it is you're trying to do. That's why StayCool had to put the spaces in that you then have to take out, etc. It's a lot easier to have someone show you in person.

If you ever feel like trying again, I believe that if you just went straight to the signature-changing area, erased what you have now, and then just copied and pasted what StayCool wrote, then took out the spaces in between, it would probably do what SC was trying to help you do.

My alma mater had Homecoming this weekend, and since we live in the same town I wanted to attend (now that I've lost weight and feel more gregarious and less hermit-like). We spent Friday with my MIL, so the Friday things were out, and the football game and BBQs were out because we needed to spend Saturday afternoon and evening with DH's family to talk about the situation with MIL...so that left their morning activity.

Therefore, 9am saw DH, DS, and I running a 5K around my college campus. BEFORE weigh-in. We just had time to run home, take a minute-long shower, get somewhat dry and changed, and race over to the meeting.

Both DH and I hit new "decades" yesterday, and DH now only has to eat 5 fruits and veggies per day. He'd been at the weight where he was supposed to eat 9, minimum, which was incredibly hard, especially given the Daily points he has! But now it will be easier for him to get those Good Health Guidelines in, and of course he's very excited about it.

Our leader mentioned towards the end of the meeting that she had WW products set out on chairs around the room, and that we should think about exercise we can get in during the day. Thankfully that is all she did with it.

It was almost a standing room only meeting (which is normal for Saturday meetings here especially since they dumped one of the meetings so we only have 3 that morning) so she probably realized that having people moving around the room like was described a few days ago would not work well.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #1294
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
My alma mater had Homecoming this weekend, and since we live in the same town I wanted to attend (now that I've lost weight and feel more gregarious and less hermit-like). We spent Friday with my MIL, so the Friday things were out, and the football game and BBQs were out because we needed to spend Saturday afternoon and evening with DH's family to talk about the situation with MIL...so that left their morning activity.

Therefore, 9am saw DH, DS, and I running a 5K around my college campus. BEFORE weigh-in. We just had time to run home, take a minute-long shower, get somewhat dry and changed, and race over to the meeting.

Both DH and I hit new "decades" yesterday, and DH now only has to eat 5 fruits and veggies per day. He'd been at the weight where he was supposed to eat 9, minimum, which was incredibly hard, especially given the Daily points he has! But now it will be easier for him to get those Good Health Guidelines in, and of course he's very excited about it.
Wow for that 5K! What a great accomplishment.

And new "decades" for each of you too. I'd say Saturday was a very good day for your family. Congrats!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #1295
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Since we are under a state of emergency here, it looks like I won't have a WW meeting Tuesday. I don't know whether to try to squeeze it in later in the week or just wait until next week.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #1296
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

Our leader mentioned towards the end of the meeting that she had WW products set out on chairs around the room, and that we should think about exercise we can get in during the day. Thankfully that is all she did with it.

It was almost a standing room only meeting (which is normal for Saturday meetings here especially since they dumped one of the meetings so we only have 3 that morning) so she probably realized that having people moving around the room like was described a few days ago would not work well.

Congrats on the new decade and the 5K!

They had all the WW fitness products around the room at our meeting this week, too and they had us do a circuit around the room, trying out the products. My leader said that each year they change up the WW plan a little bit, and for 2013 there will be little change to the Points Plus program itself. The focus is going to be making the meeting a better experience for the members, with more interaction. She also mentioned that they are going to be improving the e-tools to make them more user friendly in 2013. Next week there is apparently going to be demonstrations of other products, like the serving spoons.

I was just relieved because this is the first week in a long time that the meeting wasn't a big Active Link commercial.

I am hunkered down waiting for this hurricane to finish, so I am thinking I will try to get in an extra workout today, since I am home bound. Maybe a yoga or Pilates video this morning, and something else late this afternoon or evening. If I'm going to be sitting home, I may as well try to earn some extra activity points. I have some extra energy to burn, since I am getting antsy being homebound, especially because I am supposed to leave for WDW on Friday morning.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #1297
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
And new "decades" for each of you too. I'd say Saturday was a very good day for your family. Congrats!
Thanks! It was pretty neat. A good moment in all of the MIL health issues and realizing that she has turned into a teenager with rebellion and forgetting things and pushing against what really would be best for her, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
I was just relieved because this is the first week in a long time that the meeting wasn't a big Active Link commercial.

I hope everyone gets through the hurricane OK!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #1298
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Just checking in to make sure everyone is ok, We missed the direct impact of this one in NC. However, my family in NJ got hit pretty hard. Everyone was ok as of last night but power was out and cell phones were going dead. Be safe everyone! Some of us may be getting a bunch of snow too it looked like.

Need to catch up on thread. The cold that has cycled through my house has finally reached me, ugh. I hate having a persistent cough.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #1299
robinb
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone is OK on the east coast! My brother-in-law's family lives in CT and they lost power pretty early on. They have a generator, so I guess they are better off than most.

I have a question for everyone! What is your pre-WI go to dinner? I'm looking for something tasty, but that's not going to lead to water weight/bloat.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #1300
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

So behind on this thread I will need to catch up later! I hope everyone on the east coast is okay!

I was out of town, so weigh-in is a little late. I am down 1.8 pounds, 82.8 overall!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #1301
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Coming back after being off plan for three weeks. I lost my motivation and I am trying to get it back. I have gained 2 pounds, so I need to nip it in the bud before it gets too bad. We survived Hurricane Sandy, but I did eat a lot of Halloween candy during the storm
Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #1302
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Coming back after being off plan for three weeks. I lost my motivation and I am trying to get it back. I have gained 2 pounds, so I need to nip it in the bud before it gets too bad. We survived Hurricane Sandy, but I did eat a lot of Halloween candy during the storm
The important part is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post

I have a question for everyone! What is your pre-WI go to dinner? I'm looking for something tasty, but that's not going to lead to water weight/bloat.
I don't eat anything specific, but I try to make sure that is the day that I am as perfectly on plan as possible, and eat my minimum daily. Get all my GHGs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Congrats on the new decade and the 5K!

They had all the WW fitness products around the room at our meeting this week, too and they had us do a circuit around the room, trying out the products. My leader said that each year they change up the WW plan a little bit, and for 2013 there will be little change to the Points Plus program itself. The focus is going to be making the meeting a better experience for the members, with more interaction. She also mentioned that they are going to be improving the e-tools to make them more user friendly in 2013. Next week there is apparently going to be demonstrations of other products, like the serving spoons.

I am hunkered down waiting for this hurricane to finish, so I am thinking I will try to get in an extra workout today, since I am home bound. Maybe a yoga or Pilates video this morning, and something else late this afternoon or evening. If I'm going to be sitting home, I may as well try to earn some extra activity points. I have some extra energy to burn, since I am getting antsy being homebound, especially because I am supposed to leave for WDW on Friday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Since we are under a state of emergency here, it looks like I won't have a WW meeting Tuesday. I don't know whether to try to squeeze it in later in the week or just wait until next week.
Sending positive vibes that you both stay safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

Congrats on the 5K and the new decades!!!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #1303
UConnFan
Mouseketeer

So I haven't been on in a while, but I think I need to come back more regularly! I had a great loss two weeks ago (3 lbs), but then my brother got married and blah blah blah [insert excuse here], and I kind of just petered out. I really need a motivation boost.

I'm thinking about switching to online. I'm not motivated by the meetings anymore, the monthly pass is really expensive, and I don't really have time. I'm somewhat concerned about the accountability piece.

What do you do to stay accountable? I've kind of been thinking about reaching out somehow to get an "accountability buddy" with whom I would email daily to check in. I don't know how I would go about doing so, though. Has anyone heard of a resource out there for this?

July 14-21, 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
December 6-9 2013 Disapalooza - Pop Century
May 19-26 2013 Disneymoon at Pop Century
December 17-21 2012 - Pop Century
New Years 2010/2011 - Pop Century
July 2010
April 2005 - Fort Wilderness Campground
June 2004
UConnFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #1304
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

I haven't checked in for a bit, either! Not a whole lot of Dis time lately, sadly. I'll have to go back and catch up on how y'all are doing.
I just finished my first month and I'm down 10 pounds even! (Celebrate!)
I'm going out of town this weekend so I'll have to miss my Saturday meeting. It will be my first time away from home where I have all the control over meals. I'm going to sit down tonight and make a plan so it doesn't turn in to a binge-fest.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #1305
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan View Post
So I haven't been on in a while, but I think I need to come back more regularly! I had a great loss two weeks ago (3 lbs), but then my brother got married and blah blah blah [insert excuse here], and I kind of just petered out. I really need a motivation boost.

I'm thinking about switching to online. I'm not motivated by the meetings anymore, the monthly pass is really expensive, and I don't really have time. I'm somewhat concerned about the accountability piece.

What do you do to stay accountable? I've kind of been thinking about reaching out somehow to get an "accountability buddy" with whom I would email daily to check in. I don't know how I would go about doing so, though. Has anyone heard of a resource out there for this?
I've only ever done online (or at home back in the day!) but have struggled with accountability on several attempts. If find this board and doing a WISH journal are definitely helping this go around! I don't know of a specific resource, but if you need a buddy I'd be willing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
I haven't checked in for a bit, either! Not a whole lot of Dis time lately, sadly. I'll have to go back and catch up on how y'all are doing.
I just finished my first month and I'm down 10 pounds even! (Celebrate!)
I'm going out of town this weekend so I'll have to miss my Saturday meeting. It will be my first time away from home where I have all the control over meals. I'm going to sit down tonight and make a plan so it doesn't turn in to a binge-fest.
Congrats on the 10 pounds in a month AND creating a plan!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: