Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #1276
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
Down another .6 this week. I still need to lose 1.8 to get back to my 46 lb mark. I can't see losing weight at the scales but I'm losing inches because I'm now in a size 10! My third 5K is Saturday!
Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post
Weigh in this morning.....down 2.8!!! Nice to see a decent loss after my Disney gain last week!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #1277
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
Now just try to put a bracket ] right after the 7 in your code.
Okay.... now what? I'm feeling like a complete idiot here! I am computer literate...Really I am!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #1278
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
Okay.... now what? I'm feeling like a complete idiot here! I am computer literate...Really I am!
Ok, now type:

[ url=(your link) ]your title is here(no spaces) [ /url ]

should look like this:

[ url=link ]Name of Trip Report [ /url ] without the spaces

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #1279
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
Ok, now type:

[ url=(your link) ]your title is here(no spaces) [ /url ]

should look like this:

[ url=link ]Name of Trip Report [ /url ] without the spaces

Type it where?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #1280
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Hi all.
I have popped in on this thread before, very inspiring, and was going to post but never got around to it but now I am here to ask for some advice.
I signed up for WW for men online in Jan. I lost 30lbs by June but hit a plateau. I refocused, tracked more consistently, and lost another 5lbs. My long term goal is to lose about 70 total. I am 5lbs off of from meeting my short term goal for my disney trip; however with my trip being next week it doesn't look like I am going to meet that mark. Not a big deal, the main reason I wanted to be at that point was to have a cushion for the trip and so that I didn't end up back over where I was before I hit that plateau.

Anyway, the advice I am looking for is what to do for my trip. Anyone have any advice for a disney trip on WW? I guess it is probably hard to track points with no nutritional info provided and things that you think could be healthy really aren't because they aren't cooked healthy. I think I have an ok plan, we have a DVC, so a full kitchen which means at least breakfast in the morning most days and I will probably pack healthy and filling snacks for the day, things like nuts, and cliff bars work pretty well for me, any other suggestions for that?
We aren't on the dining plan for that reason, I didn't want to feel like I needed to eat, however we do have some TS scheduled.
Buffets at Crystal Palace (Lunch), Tusker House (Breakfast) and Hollywood and Vine (breakfast). The plan is to try and keep the portions small, the main reason for those is for character interactions so I am not worried about those meals too much, like I said just going to try and get little tastes of stuff.
The meal that really worries me is 50's prime time. I am not really seeing anything on that menu that is WW friendly. Any suggestions for that? The rest of our meals will be CS, maybe sharing some with my wife or daughter, it seems like there are more healthy options there now which is nice, but how much better are the healthy options? Another couple of concerns are the necessary Dole Whip and we are doing the Wishes Dessert Party one night. Oh and there is this little thing called food and wine festival going on. Not so worried about the food because the portions are so small, but the beer and cheese could be issues.

I appreciate any advice or experiences with a disney trip on WW. I'd like to enjoy the trip and not worry so much about tracking, but don't want to go overboard with it.
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #1281
figment814
Mouseketeer

Surviving WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
Hi all.
I have popped in on this thread before, very inspiring, and was going to post but never got around to it but now I am here to ask for some advice.
I signed up for WW for men online in Jan. I lost 30lbs by June but hit a plateau. I refocused, tracked more consistently, and lost another 5lbs. My long term goal is to lose about 70 total. I am 5lbs off of from meeting my short term goal for my disney trip; however with my trip being next week it doesn't look like I am going to meet that mark. Not a big deal, the main reason I wanted to be at that point was to have a cushion for the trip and so that I didn't end up back over where I was before I hit that plateau.

Anyway, the advice I am looking for is what to do for my trip. Anyone have any advice for a disney trip on WW? I guess it is probably hard to track points with no nutritional info provided and things that you think could be healthy really aren't because they aren't cooked healthy. I think I have an ok plan, we have a DVC, so a full kitchen which means at least breakfast in the morning most days and I will probably pack healthy and filling snacks for the day, things like nuts, and cliff bars work pretty well for me, any other suggestions for that?
We aren't on the dining plan for that reason, I didn't want to feel like I needed to eat, however we do have some TS scheduled.
Buffets at Crystal Palace (Lunch), Tusker House (Breakfast) and Hollywood and Vine (breakfast). The plan is to try and keep the portions small, the main reason for those is for character interactions so I am not worried about those meals too much, like I said just going to try and get little tastes of stuff.
The meal that really worries me is 50's prime time. I am not really seeing anything on that menu that is WW friendly. Any suggestions for that? The rest of our meals will be CS, maybe sharing some with my wife or daughter, it seems like there are more healthy options there now which is nice, but how much better are the healthy options? Another couple of concerns are the necessary Dole Whip and we are doing the Wishes Dessert Party one night. Oh and there is this little thing called food and wine festival going on. Not so worried about the food because the portions are so small, but the beer and cheese could be issues.

I appreciate any advice or experiences with a disney trip on WW. I'd like to enjoy the trip and not worry so much about tracking, but don't want to go overboard with it.
The reason I found this board was because I had just started WW and I had two long weekend trips planned to WDW in the first two months. You can check out my WISH journal (link in my signature) to read about my strategy for the first trip and how I actually did. But a few pieces of advice I would give from what I learned from that trip.

1. WW is truly a lifestyle change, so eat how you plan to eat on vacations the rest of your life which could mean splurge a little or a lot.
2. If you aren't a commando type park goer, look for other ways to keep up your activity level. When I did F &W, I would only allow myself two treats per loop of the world showcase. Needless to say I walked it alot!
3. Get back on track the minute you get back, and keep your points at your daily minimum those first few days. (I was up three pounds my first day back, and it disappeared for good within a week.)
4. I avoided carbs like the plague. No bread at yachtsman, ate a turkey sandwich on the Boardwalk...hold the bread, no fries.
5. Track every bite, even if it means you ate 60, 70, 80 points. It will help you for next time.

I didn't do as well as I would have liked that first trip, but a lot of that was due to two pretty late nights, which really threw me for a loop. We head back next week, though off site, and it's just my DBF and I, so no late nights this time! I still expect to put on a pound or three, but I will feel more in control.

50s Primetime looks tough! If I had done well at all my meals, I probably splurge here, if not I would probably order the pork loin, and see if I could sub veggies for the mashed potatoes. Or even see if I could do the chicken noodle soup instead of the potatoes and veggies.

For Counter service, you can order a kids meal for yourself and get apples and/or veggies for sides.

Hope some of that helps!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #1282
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Most restaurants will let you order of the kids menu too. Especially if you are paying oop. You can order either kid portion or adult portion. This is even at ts restaurants! I have gotten grilled chicken at both Coral Reef and The Plaza. I think it ended up more expensive because they charged it ala carte. But it kept with portion size.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #1283
robinb
DIS Veteran

I was bummed this morning. I hopped on my scale and saw that I was at least 1/2 lb heavier than I was last week. I hope that I am not swapping back and forth the same 1/2-1 pound every other week. I HATE when that happens. So, I went to the meeting but skipped weigh in. That was the promise I made myself when I restarted that I would go to the meeting even if I knew I was going to be up. I'm not sure what I did wrong since I tracked and left 8 activity points on the table. I did have a high point Wednesday (36 points, I have 26 daily allowance) so maybe that was it .
Old 10-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #1284
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Hi all.

I try not to stress too much about it. I try to eat when I'm hungry, and stop eating when I know I've had enough. Also, I try not to eat desserts with every meal, and to eat fruits and vegetables as well instead of ordering fries. And lots, and lots of water!

Also, at WDW, you walk a lot so it helps.

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #1285
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all.

Great job so far! I would look into the Simply Filling Method while at WDW. If you look at the 50's Primetime menu, you could order the Fish Special, the whole wheat spaghetti with vegetarian "meatballs", the salmon or the pork loin (substitute brown rice pilaf for mashed potatoes, sauce on the side) and still be OK under Simply Filling. You would have to count everything that does not usually have a green triangle next to it on the food list, or I think you can print off a list from the WW website.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #1286
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I was bummed this morning. I hopped on my scale and saw that I was at least 1/2 lb heavier than I was last week. I hope that I am not swapping back and forth the same 1/2-1 pound every other week. I HATE when that happens. So, I went to the meeting but skipped weigh in. That was the promise I made myself when I restarted that I would go to the meeting even if I knew I was going to be up. I'm not sure what I did wrong since I tracked and left 8 activity points on the table. I did have a high point Wednesday (36 points, I have 26 daily allowance) so maybe that was it .
I'm not sure if you weigh yourself daily or not (I do) but I do notice that usually after I have a higher point day, it will reflect on the scale either one or two days later, but it is usually just a temporary blip!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #1287
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

MaxsDad, you can get Dole Whip nutrition info online.

Make sure you get tons of fruits and veggies for the villa, so that you don't have to rely on evil treats for your snacks. Publix has a good produce department as far as I recall, or you can even just get Disney fruits. They are expensive, but tend to be really tasty.

Just do the best you can *around* the naughtier foods, and try to be OK with the possibility of a *temporary* gain when you get back. (Disneyland caused a 4.2 gain for me inside of a week, LOL)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #1288
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
Type it where?

Ok. Copy this.

[ url= http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining [ /url ]

BUT take the spaces out from inside the brackets. Then I think you will get what you are looking for.

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #1289
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Nearly skipped out on my meeting this morning -- just felt so bloated and huge. But I made myself suck it up and go.

Down 4.6 lbs....It's the same as the week before last (?), and I'm now at 40.4 lbs down. I nearly asked to check it out on a different scale, because I couldn't imagine how it could be.

Glad I decided to go!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #1290
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post

Nearly skipped out on my meeting this morning -- just felt so bloated and huge. But I made myself suck it up and go.

Down 4.6 lbs....It's the same as the week before last (?), and I'm now at 40.4 lbs down. I nearly asked to check it out on a different scale, because I couldn't imagine how it could be.

Glad I decided to go!
THAT must have been a great feeling!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: