Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #1261
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I can't believe I've remained on track these last almost 2 months. MIL has bounced in and out of the hospital with continued embolic strokes, and I'm the main person who CAN be there for her, since I'm at home. Poor DS is dragged around with me, since I homeschool, but that has been challenging since so much of our time is spent with her at hospitals and doctor's offices!

My fruit/veggie consumption has plummeted, as has my healthy oils...and I think that at some point here my body will say "no" to more losses until I can eat at home more often. It's just such a challenge to do this!
{{hugs}} I am amazed at how well you are doing. When my mom was in the hospital I had to travel to Chicago for weeks on end and I turned to my old take-out comfort foods. I tried to convince myself to eat one meal with veggies, but that didn't always work out for me. I'm glad that you are still able to maintain a healthy weight loss and still deal with the stress of being a caregiver without chowing down .
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #1262
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I had a surprisingly good WI last night. 3.2 lbs for a total of 60.6 off now. I think I can reasonably expect to reach 70 lbs off by Christmas.
That is totally doable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieluvsDisney View Post
WI day! Down 2.5 pounds. Another big loss this week. Another 5 pounds lost, bringing my total weight loss to 20.6 pounds.

WW online changed my points last week to 33, but I decided to stay at 34 because I am losing weight with those points, and didn't see the need to change right now.

Anybody else done that before?
Congratulations on losing 20 lbs! Whoo hoo! Personally, I would step down to the 33 points now because this is the time that WW thinks you should. I know that I would feel deprived if I had to adjust down more than one point if my weigh loss stalled so I would just take the "hit" now and try to see it as a positive that your body doesn't need as much food.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #1263
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Copy the link you want to put in your siggie

Click user cp

Then click edit signature

There should be a globe, click the globe

Remove the http:

right click and paste your url to the box

click either preview to see it, or save to save it if you think you've got it.
Thanks, now how do I get it to say the name of my trip report?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #1264
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
You need to go in and edit the BB Code to say:
[ url=link ]Name of Trip Report [/url]
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #1265
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Recently I have been rather frustrated when attending meetings and thought this would be a good place to vent. I'm also curious if anyone else has been experiencing this type if thing as well. It seems like for the last 4-6 weeks, the entire meeting is a 30 minute commercial for the Active Link. Most of the time we are barely touching on the topics of the week. The leader and the receptionist have this mock "challenge" with each other that starts at the beginning of the meeting, where the compare how many activity bars are showing on their Active Link. Then they keep moving to see who can earn the most bars during the meeting. The leader jumps up and down, and then yells at the receptionist who is bouncing around as we'll, stocking shelves and doing jumping jacks behind the partition. The receptionist will dance across the back of the meeting area, and gloat about earning more bars. It was cute the first time, but now it just seems over played, and really annoying. It is so irritating that I am considering going to another meeting, because I no longer feel I am getting out of them what I used to - it is now all their schtick.
In view of what you wrote, I wanted to tell you about our meeting this week.

Yes, Active Link was presented. We also had to go around the room and visit five stations that each promoted a WW product. Videos, mat, punch gloves, hand weights, and strength band. At each station we were to try out the products. Then we sat back down for the meeting. I got the feeling that the leaders are pushed to promote WW products and really can't avoid it. However, since I've been going, this was the first meeting that actually ran over -- because after we did all the stations, the leader then handled the meeting the way she usually does. I did not feel at all like I was sitting through a sales pitch. Our leader maintained the focus on what the meeting was about.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #1266
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
{{hugs}} I am amazed at how well you are doing. When my mom was in the hospital I had to travel to Chicago for weeks on end and I turned to my old take-out comfort foods. I tried to convince myself to eat one meal with veggies, but that didn't always work out for me. I'm glad that you are still able to maintain a healthy weight loss and still deal with the stress of being a caregiver without chowing down .
You are really sweet. Thank you.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #1267
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hate to be a pain but it looks like I didn't understand what you meant by BB Code.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #1268
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hate to be a pain but it looks like I didn't understand what you meant by BB Code.
It looks like you almost have it.
Type in [url = add your link here(no spaces)] type the title [/url]

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #1269
NC State
DIS Veteran

Down another .6 this week. I still need to lose 1.8 to get back to my 46 lb mark. I can't see losing weight at the scales but I'm losing inches because I'm now in a size 10! My third 5K is Saturday!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #1270
figment814
Mouseketeer

Weigh in this morning.....down 2.8!!! Nice to see a decent loss after my Disney gain last week!

This makes my total 9.2, so I hope to see the 10 pound mark next week.

I have also been tracking measurements, and have finally seen some movement here as well!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #1271
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post
Weigh in this morning.....down 2.8!!! Nice to see a decent loss after my Disney gain last week!

This makes my total 9.2, so I hope to see the 10 pound mark next week.

I have also been tracking measurements, and have finally seen some movement here as well!
Yep, you'll hit that 10 lb mark next week for sure.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #1272
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Down 1 pound less than the 3 I bounce between!! Instead of fruit like I was doing for my sweet tooth, I went with the cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds I made. Maybe my body needed the protein and fiber of the seeds? I thought for sure the sugar would work against me.

Quote:
Once you do the "earth" thing and hit enter, it puts the url on your page. There is an area highlighted. DO NOT touch anything other than the highlighted area or you'll lose the link. It's the highlighted area where you type what you want it to say. Make sure the and the are not touched in anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
In view of what you wrote, I wanted to tell you about our meeting this week.

Yes, Active Link was presented. We also had to go around the room and visit five stations that each promoted a WW product. Videos, mat, punch gloves, hand weights, and strength band. At each station we were to try out the products. Then we sat back down for the meeting. I got the feeling that the leaders are pushed to promote WW products and really can't avoid it. However, since I've been going, this was the first meeting that actually ran over -- because after we did all the stations, the leader then handled the meeting the way she usually does. I did not feel at all like I was sitting through a sales pitch. Our leader maintained the focus on what the meeting was about.
I know where my husband works he has to do suggestive sales of certain products to each customer. If they get "shopped" and didn't say it, they can get in trouble.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #1273
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
Still not working...

Old 10-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #1274
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

Once you do the "earth" thing and hit enter, it puts the url on your page. There is an area highlighted. DO NOT touch anything other than the highlighted area or you'll lose the link. It's the highlighted area where you type what you want it to say. Make sure the and the are not touched in anyway.
Thanks for your help with this, everyone! It's not perfect but at least it's there. I was just about to give up.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #1275
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for your help with this, everyone! It's not perfect but at least it's there. I was just about to give up.
Now just try to put a bracket ] right after the 7 in your code.

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: