Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #1231
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Up until fourth grade, I was one of the tallest in the class and one of the skinniest. People actually worried about me because I was so skinny. All that changed in fourth grade when I, shall we say, matured. I was the first of my friends to experience everything and my aunts really didn't know how to deal with it as they had never had children.
4th grade was when I put on the weigh too...but I didn't mature for 4 or five more years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappyFunTimes View Post
Hello, I've read *most* of this thread and am so inspired by your successes and support. I'd love to join you here.

So, I'm down about 30lbs since February and my goal is to lose another 40lbs. I'm currently 6 lbs away from going from obese to overweight, and when I get there I'm buying myself another running skirt and a garmin watch. I've got my first 10k in over a decade scheduled for Thanksgiving and I'd love to be under 170 by then (six lbs in a month seems reasonable). And if I could be down to 158 by the Princess Half Marathon in February I would be thrilled. But honestly, any downward movement on the scale is going to be awesome.
Welcome and good luck! I am looking at the possibility of doing the Princess Half in 2014, I don't enjoy working out for working outs sake, but if I have a goal to work towards, I am much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
Welcome! Your goal certainly seems achievable. You might want to try to shake it up a little in terms of the number of points you use per day. I had a gain this week and looked at my quite boring tracker -- I've gotten into quite the daily rut.

Google the Wendie plan and see if it might work for you -- the thought behind it is to use fewer points one day, more the next, etc., keeping your metabolism guessing as to what's next.

Best wishes, and, again, welcome!
I am a big believer in shaking up your points, while I never followed the Wendie Plan exactly, I have found that if I follow a high point day with a low point day, I am less likely to see a hit on the scale that week. It may not work for everyone, but I have seen success doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
pwdebbie, thanks for the heads up on this thread!

My goal is to lose 15 to 20 pounds by May. I am stuck at a plateau, where I seem to yo-yo up and down 3 pounds. I've increased exercise, and 0 point foods to try to help with it.
It sounds like a reasonable goal! Maybe seeing a nutritionist or just having someone else review your points tracker for a few weeks may help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
Lost 1.6 this week to FINALLY hit the 25# lost mark!! So excited for that- I also made it into ONEderland!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I celebrated 50 lbs today. Hit it last week, but didn't have my normal leader and I wanted to wait.

Today was the Very First Time I weighed in wearing normal pants (although still lightweight) instead of exercise shorts, though I still wore the lightest top possible (which is a normal top). I also wore socks (the CA meetings I attended where bare feet weren't allowed really messed with my head, LOL). Woo! A precedent has been set. Next step to work towards is eating before the meeting.

Oh and today I had the fabled .2 loss. Loss is a loss is a loss, I'll take it!
Yay for milestones!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
Uggh. Up 1.4 at WI, and pretty undeserved -- I had a really good OP week.

I keep wondering whether the 4.6 loss last week was accurate. My scale at home and the one at WW are pretty close. I weigh every morning at home, and I never got close to the weight from last week's WI.

Oh well, onward for next week! Tracked everything for today, with dinner pre-planned, and have 2 APs so far -- I plan on 6 more throughout the day.
Weekly weigh ins are just snapshots, they don't tell the full story. Focus on your averages, which is 2.6 pds over those two weeks, which is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I lost .6 lbs this week. I'm happy with any loss but i need to step it up. My goal is another 4 lbs by Thanksgiving.
Sounds very doable!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #1232
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Good news: WI on Saturday... down .4 to a total of 35.2 lost since the beginning of May.

Better news: I bought a size 10 dress this weekend for the first time in YEARS. When I started in May, I was a 16.

BEST news: I went to the doctor on Friday who decreased my medication for insulin resistance AND said that if I keep this up, I should be completely OFF of it in January!

Hope everyone has a great week this week--- just keep swimming! We're all going to get there together and be a bunch of hot tamales!!!

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #1233
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Good news: WI on Saturday... down .4 to a total of 35.2 lost since the beginning of May.

Better news: I bought a size 10 dress this weekend for the first time in YEARS. When I started in May, I was a 16.

BEST news: I went to the doctor on Friday who decreased my medication for insulin resistance AND said that if I keep this up, I should be completely OFF of it in January!

Hope everyone has a great week this week--- just keep swimming! We're all going to get there together and be a bunch of hot tamales!!!
Congratulations on all of those accomplishments!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #1234
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:

That is great news!!! Congrats! Keep it up!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #1235
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Thanks for the welcome. I managed to track my points all day today! I've had a few false starts in the past where I signed up and couldn't even manage one whole day. The free fruit is a great change! I always hated having to use a point on an apple.
SuperHappyFunTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #1236
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappyFunTimes
Thanks for the welcome. I managed to track my points all day today! I've had a few false starts in the past where I signed up and couldn't even manage one whole day. The free fruit is a great change! I always hated having to use a point on an apple.
Congratulations and welcome from me too! Stick with it!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #1237
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Recently I have been rather frustrated when attending meetings and thought this would be a good place to vent. I'm also curious if anyone else has been experiencing this type if thing as well. It seems like for the last 4-6 weeks, the entire meeting is a 30 minute commercial for the Active Link. Most of the time we are barely touching on the topics of the week. The leader and the receptionist have this mock "challenge" with each other that starts at the beginning of the meeting, where the compare how many activity bars are showing on their Active Link. Then they keep moving to see who can earn the most bars during the meeting. The leader jumps up and down, and then yells at the receptionist who is bouncing around as we'll, stocking shelves and doing jumping jacks behind the partition. The receptionist will dance across the back of the meeting area, and gloat about earning more bars. It was cute the first time, but now it just seems over played, and really annoying. It is so irritating that I am considering going to another meeting, because I no longer feel I am getting out of them what I used to - it is now all their schtick.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #1238
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day! I am down 1.2 pounds, 81 total!
Wow, just wow! I know I keep saying the same thing, but you really do inspire me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Recently I have been rather frustrated when attending meetings and thought this would be a good place to vent. I'm also curious if anyone else has been experiencing this type if thing as well. It seems like for the last 4-6 weeks, the entire meeting is a 30 minute commercial for the Active Link. Most of the time we are barely touching on the topics of the week. The leader and the receptionist have this mock "challenge" with each other that starts at the beginning of the meeting, where the compare how many activity bars are showing on their Active Link. Then they keep moving to see who can earn the most bars during the meeting. The leader jumps up and down, and then yells at the receptionist who is bouncing around as we'll, stocking shelves and doing jumping jacks behind the partition. The receptionist will dance across the back of the meeting area, and gloat about earning more bars. It was cute the first time, but now it just seems over played, and really annoying. It is so irritating that I am considering going to another meeting, because I no longer feel I am getting out of them what I used to - it is now all their schtick.
Oh my, nothing like that at our meetings. And I'm glad for that!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #1239
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well, I don't think I'll ever be a hot tamale.

Awesome about the med change. I'm waiting for the day I don't have to use bp meds any more.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #1240
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
That would get old after the first time. That has definitely not been happening at my meetings. If you don't believe you have the kind of relationship with the leader that you can talk with her about this after class, I'd be looking for a new meeting leader. It might also be helpful to mention to the new meeting leader why you switched -- WW wants leaders to go through the theme to keep people energized and to learn. Maybe the leader needs to hear that from one of her peers. Good luck!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #1241
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

Wow, just wow! I know I keep saying the same thing, but you really do inspire me!
Thank you so much! That is very humbling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

I wouldn't be so sure!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #1242
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I might actually have to kill my leader if she started doing that.

OK I'd just find a new meeting, after seriously complaining about that nonsense.

They brought it up in our meeting for the first time last week, and I hope they don't do it again. She is usually very good at explaining things, but managed to give the impression that she earns 6 APs a day by doing 40 minutes on the elliptical. Uh, no. DH can earn 6 APs by doing that, but he's a heck of a lot bigger than she is! She explained it really very poorly, and I am SO tired of the "pull the AL out of the bra" stuff. Take the stupid thing out BEFORE you go out in public, OK? It's icky, and it doesn't help MEN want to get it, if they think they can only wear it *there*!

I can't believe I've remained on track these last almost 2 months. MIL has bounced in and out of the hospital with continued embolic strokes, and I'm the main person who CAN be there for her, since I'm at home. Poor DS is dragged around with me, since I homeschool, but that has been challenging since so much of our time is spent with her at hospitals and doctor's offices!

My fruit/veggie consumption has plummeted, as has my healthy oils...and I think that at some point here my body will say "no" to more losses until I can eat at home more often. It's just such a challenge to do this!

If any of you out there are caregivers, especially those who do it full time and not just in crisis mode, I'm impressed by you! Because just the level that I"m doing this at is some of the most exhausting work I've ever done. I keep hoping someone will hand me a newborn to care for, instead of my MIL! I think I'd get more sleep.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #1243
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't believe I've remained on track these last almost 2 months. MIL has bounced in and out of the hospital with continued embolic strokes, and I'm the main person who CAN be there for her, since I'm at home. Poor DS is dragged around with me, since I homeschool, but that has been challenging since so much of our time is spent with her at hospitals and doctor's offices!

My fruit/veggie consumption has plummeted, as has my healthy oils...and I think that at some point here my body will say "no" to more losses until I can eat at home more often. It's just such a challenge to do this!

If any of you out there are caregivers, especially those who do it full time and not just in crisis mode, I'm impressed by you! Because just the level that I"m doing this at is some of the most exhausting work I've ever done. I keep hoping someone will hand me a newborn to care for, instead of my MIL! I think I'd get more sleep.
I took care of my mil from Jan. 1, 2010 until her death in August. She moved in with us. We thought we would have a lot of family support locally, but that did not happen. I even ended up sick and in bed plus hospital tests at one point for two weeks. But even then I still had to take care of getting her up in the morning, down at night, and all the bathroom stuff. No one else offered help.

The hardest thing during those eight months was not being able to sleep at night. I often thought that a newborn would have been easier because mil called to be taken to the bathroom seven or eight times a night. That was absolutely exhausting.

But on the plus side, I got to know my mil so much better and actually I enjoyed her company here those last months. I became very attached to her even though there were many times I was absolutely frustrated and in tears (never in front of her though). The one thing I said to myself when she came was that I wanted to have no regrets when she left. And I don't, which is a very good feeling.

What did I learn? ASK clearly for help when you need it. Have a family meeting if necessary to get others on board. In retrospect, I should have insisted that one of our daughters come just one night a month to give us the opportunity to have a full night of sleep in a hotel room. Say NO when you need to. Use resources available in the community. We hired Comfort Keepers once a week so that we could get out and do our grocery shopping and have lunch. Medicare might cover something like that. We also used a visiting nurse service and later turned to them for hospice care at the end.

You have to take care of yourself first if you are going to take care of someone else. Maybe that's the most important thing I can say to you.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #1244
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Congratulations on all of those accomplishments!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieluvsDisney View Post

That is great news!!! Congrats! Keep it up!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

Awesome about the med change. I'm waiting for the day I don't have to use bp meds any more.
You CAN be a hot tamale I mean, why not try for it?
And-- I know that day will come for you and feel amazing. I can't wait til I'm off my meds.

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #1245
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the welcome and the advice!!

Congrats to everyone who posted losses!

Quote:

So sorry to hear about your MIL. I understand how hard it is to be a caregiver. Please be sure to take time for yourself. After 2 years of not getting to sleep through the night, my body had enough. I had to learn the hard way to take care of myself so that I can take care of the others.

We are a homeschooling family too! I'm sorry your son has to tag along to all the appointments, but I'm sure it helps to be able to have that flexibility with his schedule.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: