Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #106
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,500

Wow! We're on Part III already! Thanks to Debbie for keeping things going while I was on WW hiatus. I have struggled these past couple months and thought I was back on track when my hormones blessed me with a 4 lb gain in one week. Grrr. I have been trying to lose that and get back on track, but it's really difficult to lose through perimenopause. I stopped walking when my DD got out of school and just started up again. I walked an hour (!) yesterday and 35 minutes today .

I hope everyone else is doing well. I'll take some time and read the thread later today.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #107
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran
 
keahgirl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,811

I think your daughter needs a new doctor, Debbie!

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss this week! I tried on a bunch of "not yet" clothes over the weekend. 90% of them fit or were too big, and I am within 10-20 pounds of fitting into the rest!
__________________
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #108
sjms71
DIS Veteran
 
sjms71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NC- Native Jersey Girl!
Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie
Down 1 lb at WI last night. Dd was down 3.2! AND she passed on to me all her too-big summer clothes, two sizes smaller than what I wore last summer) and they fit me! (If only I liked her style -- I love color and she likes drab. Plus all the capris are cargo-style, which I told her will be great for Disney, but not really something I like for daily wear at 56 years old, lol.)

Lost another DP, down to 27 now. Last week was my first week using the WPs almost daily instead of saving them for one big meal (and I only had those big meals three or four times since joining in March). I KNOW they want me to fill up my plate with lots of fruits and veggies, but physically I NEED proteins. I can do without the carbs, but my body has been geared to protein-rich foods for years now. And "protein" bars just don't do it for me. If I don't start my day with protein (eggs, cheese, breakfast meat) I will be edgy and wanting to nibble anything I can get my hands on for the rest of the day.

My oldest dd has also joined WW but she is doing it online. She did Medifast for the first four months of the year, switched to counting calories, then took a week vacation which extended to several weeks of not worrying about what she ate, so now she has signed up for WW. She honestly doesn't have the time to attend meetings (I think she is too busy already and should cut other things from her schedule). She says she hates tracking and counting points AND that she has a hard time eating all her points, so I suggested she try Simply Filling. I'm sure she has a physical problem that causes her to be overweight but no doctors have ever figured it out. They say that if all they saw was her numbers (heart rate, pulse, blood work results) they would think they were looking at a well-trained athlete. And then they see her weight (which was 250+ before starting Medifast) and tell her she needs to diet. Well, yeah! But the girl can run for miles, bike for miles, and does workout videos every other day. She is physically fit, but she carries excess weight. Even an endocrinologist dismissed her and said she would just have to learn to live on 800 calories a day.
Woot woot congrats to you and DD. I also agree I would see another doctor. When I was 19-20 I started having "girl" issues and the start of my weight gain. I knew something wasn't right . For 3 years I went to one doctor after another, tons of test. Everyone told me there was nothing wrong with me. So, I kept going to other dr's. Finally I went to a new internal medicine dr. Explained the last 3 years handed her all my blood work and all the ultrasounds I had had. Finally after going over everything she ordered an MRI cause she was pretty sure she knew what it was. MRI showed I had (have) a pituitary tumor. So, point is you know your own body when something isn't right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
Wow! We're on Part III already! Thanks to Debbie for keeping things going while I was on WW hiatus. I have struggled these past couple months and thought I was back on track when my hormones blessed me with a 4 lb gain in one week. Grrr. I have been trying to lose that and get back on track, but it's really difficult to lose through perimenopause. I stopped walking when my DD got out of school and just started up again. I walked an hour (!) yesterday and 35 minutes today .

I hope everyone else is doing well. I'll take some time and read the thread later today.
Hey Robin, glad to hear your sill hanging in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8
I think your daughter needs a new doctor, Debbie!

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss this week! I tried on a bunch of "not yet" clothes over the weekend. 90% of them fit or were too big, and I am within 10-20 pounds of fitting into the rest!
Congrats on the being able to have a new wardrobe. I finally got rid of all my old me clothes cause I'm never going back there.
__________________
(me)StephanieDH, :DD14,DS12
sjms71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #109
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran
 
keahgirl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71

Congrats on the being able to have a new wardrobe. I finally got rid of all my old me clothes cause I'm never going back there.
Thanks! I am gradually getting rid of old clothes too. I have also promised myself that I will not leave the house in elastic pants unless I am camping or going to the gym. That darn elastic makes it harder to tell if you've gained!
__________________
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #110
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 46,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
For 3 years I went to one doctor after another, tons of test. Everyone told me there was nothing wrong with me. So, I kept going to other dr's. Finally I went to a new internal medicine dr. Explained the last 3 years handed her all my blood work and all the ultrasounds I had had. Finally after going over everything she ordered an MRI cause she was pretty sure she knew what it was. MRI showed I had (have) a pituitary tumor. So, point is you know your own body when something isn't right.
Same situation with DH. Except that no one would DO the extra bloodwork, because they just said "you're fat, eat less", but he WAS eating less. For 3 years he asked doctors to check his hormones, and you would think that he was telling them to check it AND to pay for it, because they said no. Finally he got a really lovely diagnosis of diabetes (extremely sudden onset, so sudden the diagnosing doc thought his pancreas had just died), which led to a GOOD endocrinologist who simply said "sure" when we asked if he'd check his testosterone. That was totally paid for by insurance (we really should go back to the other MDs and NDs to share that with them) and turned up a problem, which turned out to be a prolactinoma. That's a prolactin-creating cyst on his pituitary, and men shouldn't have that hormone.

It was the cause of the weight gain during that time. Now, DH does have secret-eating issues (at work and at night), but during that specific time I *know* he was doing well with eating. It was the rejection, the "you're fat, no I won't check hormones", and the extremely slow loss and also the random gains that caused him to slip back into the bad habits (which caused the sudden blood sugar problems, which are now 100% fine with just diet and exercise).

Anyway, I hope that the PP's daughter can find *someone else*. If she's ever out in Seattle, we have a really good endocrinologist to refer her to; he sounds harsh when talking to you, but he's actually VERY kind, and will actually help, not just dismiss you.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #111
sjms71
DIS Veteran
 
sjms71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NC- Native Jersey Girl!
Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

Same situation with DH. Except that no one would DO the extra bloodwork, because they just said "you're fat, eat less", but he WAS eating less. For 3 years he asked doctors to check his hormones, and you would think that he was telling them to check it AND to pay for it, because they said no. Finally he got a really lovely diagnosis of diabetes (extremely sudden onset, so sudden the diagnosing doc thought his pancreas had just died), which led to a GOOD endocrinologist who simply said "sure" when we asked if he'd check his testosterone. That was totally paid for by insurance (we really should go back to the other MDs and NDs to share that with them) and turned up a problem, which turned out to be a prolactinoma. That's a prolactin-creating cyst on his pituitary, and men shouldn't have that hormone.

It was the cause of the weight gain during that time. Now, DH does have secret-eating issues (at work and at night), but during that specific time I *know* he was doing well with eating. It was the rejection, the "you're fat, no I won't check hormones", and the extremely slow loss and also the random gains that caused him to slip back into the bad habits (which caused the sudden blood sugar problems, which are now 100% fine with just diet and exercise).

Anyway, I hope that the PP's daughter can find *someone else*. If she's ever out in Seattle, we have a really good endocrinologist to refer her to; he sounds harsh when talking to you, but he's actually VERY kind, and will actually help, not just dismiss you.
I think we talked about this before. That is what I have prolactinoma. I've been on medication since 23 and I am 41. At the time I was young and I didn't really know what to do or what test to ask for so I just kept going to dr's. I was afraid if I didn't stay on top of it they would tell me they missed something when I went to have kids eventually. Thank goodness I was persistent cause having children would have been very difficult if I went undiagnosed. There still isn't much information on prolactinoma's still but I belong to a few online groups with people of the same and everyone has the same issues can't be coincidence.
__________________
(me)StephanieDH, :DD14,DS12
sjms71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #112
Zachsmom4
Mouseketeer
 
Zachsmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 102

Week One

Well, I had my week one weigh in. 0 lbs lost.

Talk about disappointing. I guess I will have to figure things out, as I did not eat all of extra weekly points nor did I eat back my acivity points.

At least I didn't gain. Well, there will be next week.
__________________
- Julie

2/11 - Port Orleans French Quarter
3/12 - Coronado Springs Resort

10/14 - Port Orleans Riverside
Zachsmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #113
NC State
DIS Veteran
 
NC State's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Johnston Co, North Carolina
Posts: 4,619

I'm so glad I found another WW center to weigh in last Thursday since my center was closed last Wednesday (July 4th). It kept me on track for this week because I was the same as the week before. This week I had a 2 lbs lost! I'm now at a 44 lbs gone for good!! I was so surprised to see the numbers. I'm now 17 lbs from my goal weight. I have come a long way from a bra size of 42DD to a 36DD and clothes size 16W (XL) to a 12 (medium).

But then I'm really scared of next week because we go on a family road trip Saturday and will return on the following Sunday (22nd). It will be really hard to stay on program. I'm going to try to make good choices and the hotel that we are in for the first three nights has a gym so I can get my running in. I'm just scared of the drive-thru windows and road snacks while on the road. Please keep us in your prayers for a save trip.

I hope everyone has a great week and continue thinking positive...it will pay off!

Stephanie
__________________

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #114
sjms71
DIS Veteran
 
sjms71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NC- Native Jersey Girl!
Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachsmom4
Well, I had my week one weigh in. 0 lbs lost.

Talk about disappointing. I guess I will have to figure things out, as I did not eat all of extra weekly points nor did I eat back my acivity points.

At least I didn't gain. Well, there will be next week.
I am so sorry. Hang in there. Do you have a lot lose or a little? Also, how about water are you drinking water? If you hadn't been working out before and with a new eating plan your body maybe saying hold on here.......if you want to post what you ate for the week maybe we can help there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State
I'm so glad I found another WW center to weigh in last Thursday since my center was closed last Wednesday (July 4th). It kept me on track for this week because I was the same as the week before. This week I had a 2 lbs lost! I'm now at a 44 lbs gone for good!! I was so surprised to see the numbers. I'm now 17 lbs from my goal weight. I have come a long way from a bra size of 42DD to a 36DD and clothes size 16W (XL) to a 12 (medium).

But then I'm really scared of next week because we go on a family road trip Saturday and will return on the following Sunday (22nd). It will be really hard to stay on program. I'm going to try to make good choices and the hotel that we are in for the first three nights has a gym so I can get my running in. I'm just scared of the drive-thru windows and road snacks while on the road. Please keep us in your prayers for a save trip.

I hope everyone has a great week and continue thinking positive...it will pay off!

Stephanie
Great job Stephanie, safe travels too, have fun, you can do it!
__________________
(me)StephanieDH, :DD14,DS12
sjms71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #115
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran
 
keahgirl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State
I'm so glad I found another WW center to weigh in last Thursday since my center was closed last Wednesday (July 4th). It kept me on track for this week because I was the same as the week before. This week I had a 2 lbs lost! I'm now at a 44 lbs gone for good!! I was so surprised to see the numbers. I'm now 17 lbs from my goal weight. I have come a long way from a bra size of 42DD to a 36DD and clothes size 16W (XL) to a 12 (medium).

But then I'm really scared of next week because we go on a family road trip Saturday and will return on the following Sunday (22nd). It will be really hard to stay on program. I'm going to try to make good choices and the hotel that we are in for the first three nights has a gym so I can get my running in. I'm just scared of the drive-thru windows and road snacks while on the road. Please keep us in your prayers for a save trip.

I hope everyone has a great week and continue thinking positive...it will pay off!

Stephanie
Congratulations on your weight loss! As for eating on the road, try to bring as many pre-portioned snacks as possible. If that isn't possible, here is something I found on Pinterest for low calorie gas station food: http://pinterest.com/pin/70439181642682427/ .
__________________
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #116
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread
 
Mermaid02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 20,541

Lost 3 this week. Actually that would be 2 weeks because of the holiday last week!
__________________


~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #117
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,107

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Wow! We're on Part III already! Thanks to Debbie for keeping things going while I was on WW hiatus. I have struggled these past couple months and thought I was back on track when my hormones blessed me with a 4 lb gain in one week. Grrr. I have been trying to lose that and get back on track, but it's really difficult to lose through perimenopause. I stopped walking when my DD got out of school and just started up again. I walked an hour (!) yesterday and 35 minutes today .

I hope everyone else is doing well. I'll take some time and read the thread later today.
Glad it didn't bother you that I started Part III. I checked for recent posts from you and hadn't seen anything fairly recent on the Part II thread, so I thought perhaps you were traveling for a while. I didn't want the thread to be closed without a new thread to go to, so I went ahead and did it and thought to myself, "I sure hope Robin doesn't mind since she sort of 'owns' the previous threads."

Good for you getting back into things.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #118
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,107

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
I think your daughter needs a new doctor, Debbie!

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss this week! I tried on a bunch of "not yet" clothes over the weekend. 90% of them fit or were too big, and I am within 10-20 pounds of fitting into the rest!
She's tried. Last endocrinlogist was an hour away. She has symptoms of PCOS but every doctor she has seen says she doesn't have it, including one that is known for labeling every irregular woman PCOS.

It is very frustrating to her.

Now are you kicking yourself for not trying those "not yet" clothes on sooner? I bet it felt good to find some that were actually too big!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #119
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,107

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
I finally got rid of all my old me clothes cause I'm never going back there.
Amen! That's what I'm saying!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #120
StayCool
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NYS
Posts: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
Wow Mindy that was a lot of reading! Welcome to you and your husband. Good luck, as a busy mom myself you just have to take the time and plan meals, have easy to grab snacks. If you take time to do this there will be less drive thru runs.
Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book.

So far I've been staying OP. I tried a new recipe last night that was chicken and broccoli with lemon. Tasted amazing! I'm hoping to get some new family favorites.

Hope everyone is doing well this morning!
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: