Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #1171
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
I'm down 1 pound this week, 79.8 overall! Almost to 80!
You go girl!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #1172
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
That said...I cannot believe how my thighs are changing with my jogging! I tried to not notice the changes while they were getting bigger, but I really can't help but notice them as they get smaller.
That's awesome! It's those times when you notice those changes that really help keep you going

Quote:
Woohoo! You ROCK!

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #1173
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #1174
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
DH helped me hide DD's birthday cake. The big day is tomorrow, but we had cake yesterday. There is lots left and it was sitting on the counter taunting me. DH helped me find room in the cupboard and it is no longer taunting me! Well it is still calling my name, but it is muffled nicely. WI is still a couple of days away. I appreciate DH supporting me!
Sandi! You look so much better than that cake could possibly taste!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #1175
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
Sandi! You look so much better than that cake could possibly taste!
Awwww. Jessie, you're so sweet.

My aunt made the cake from scratch. It's peppermint, DD's favorite, with pink buttercream icing. With MSU dairy store vanilla ice cream, it really can't be beat. Good thing I'm at my office now and far, far away from the cupboard!

DD turned 18 today. I can't believe how fast that time went.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #1176
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Keahgirl -- Wow! 80 is just one trip to the bathroom away!

I went early today -- and thought that since I was going in the morning I would have a better loss than I usually do (I usually go to a 5:30 pm meeting). Well, that sure wasn't the case. Down .4 today. Also hit 32 weeks today. And I am finally under 200, officially Onederland.

I did have a put-a-big-grin-on-my-face moment. Last week I realized that I did not have a single pair of black pants to wear for this winter. So I went shopping today. In March I was wearing tight 22s. In the beginning of the summer I bought one pair of shorts, size 18, that I really thought I should have gotten in a 16 because they seem to have been cut so big. And I've been wearing hand-me-down jeans in size 16. But I honestly thought 18 was a better size for me. So I went into the dressing room with four pair of size 18 black pants -- all TOO BIG! Swapped them for 16s and bought one pair, the only pair that was short enough for me. Size 16 -- I cannot remember wearing a size 16 for at least 25 years! Back in the 80s might have been the last time I wore 16s. Woo-Hoo!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #1177
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Keahgirl -- Wow! 80 is just one trip to the bathroom away!

I went early today -- and thought that since I was going in the morning I would have a better loss than I usually do (I usually go to a 5:30 pm meeting). Well, that sure wasn't the case. Down .4 today. Also hit 32 weeks today. And I am finally under 200, officially Onederland.

I did have a put-a-big-grin-on-my-face moment. Last week I realized that I did not have a single pair of black pants to wear for this winter. So I went shopping today. In March I was wearing tight 22s. In the beginning of the summer I bought one pair of shorts, size 18, that I really thought I should have gotten in a 16 because they seem to have been cut so big. And I've been wearing hand-me-down jeans in size 16. But I honestly thought 18 was a better size for me. So I went into the dressing room with four pair of size 18 black pants -- all TOO BIG! Swapped them for 16s and bought one pair, the only pair that was short enough for me. Size 16 -- I cannot remember wearing a size 16 for at least 25 years! Back in the 80s might have been the last time I wore 16s. Woo-Hoo!
Awesome!!!!! How great is that???!!!! You're doing wonderfully!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #1178
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Just an update after WI on Sat. I'm now down 34.8 (oh WHY couldn't I have just lost that .2 this week ) . NSV: I'm a size 12 pants and dress & a size L for shirts/coat. I started at a 16/18for pants & dresses and XXL for shirt/coat.
What's funny is that being a 12, I just realized I can now officially shop in "regular" stores. Sometimes at 14 you can waver between Misses & Women's / Plus.. but not at a 12. I almost cried in the fitting rooms last night at TJ Maxx and Target...and for once it was going to be a GOOD cry. When I'm at goal I think I might be an 8. I have not been a single digit in 10 years and it was only 1 dress that was a single digit. I have to remember to be as grateful as I am right now whenever that happens.

This is something I want to pass on to everyone here to do for themselves. Every NSV or SV, shouldn't be taken lightly. FEEL GOOD ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING. FEEL PROUD OF YOURSELF. BE GRATEFUL AND HAPPY YOU STARTED, and RESTARTED and even if this is your 10th or 100th time-- be proud you are headed in the right direction!

Now: Take a minute to breathe and let it sink in - just how far you have come. Share it here. Do NOT be ashamed to be proud of yourself for doing something great just for you. It's so easy to be proud of someone else. Take a minute to feel that feeling for you today.

Whether you are up .5 or whatever, remember that feeling. Remember how far you have come and STILL BE PROUD.

Some of you may not have an issue with doing this but I was raised not to be proud of myself- weird, right? It was bragging, being too full of oneself--always something negative. I'm not saying I'm screaming "I'm AWESOME!" from the rooftops every morning... but I think I deserve to be proud every once in awhile and I know all of you here do too. So if you were raised like I was-- I am giving you permission to be proud of yourself. My WW leader & my husband have given me permission to be as well so I figured I'd pass it on.
Thanks for listening to my little rant. I am so grateful I have you all here to write to
Amazing! So glad for you...you should be proud and celebrate!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
Made Cheeseburger soup tonight! Really good... I used FF broth and evaporated milk. I also chopped up tomato and put that on top after it was served. Next time I think I'll make it Mexican and use Mexican cheese and maybe some canned tomatoes with green chilis!
This sounds really good! Is it the one on the weight watchers site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
Congratulations -- you'll hit the 35 mark next week!

I liked what you've said -- I put my weight loss in perspective for my husband -- I've lost 37.2 lbs, which was nearly the same as my suitcase that I packed for my trip last week (he brought it downstairs and put it in the cab for me). His eyes got really wide!
I once walked around the grocery store with a friend of mine who was trying to lose weight (back in my thinner days) we went to the baking section and lifted bags of flour and sugar to see what a poi8nd, 5 pounds and 10 pounds felt like. Perspective is always a powerful thing!

Quote:
That sweet victory will be here soon....but remember the .2 to get to 79.8 are just as important as the .2 needed to get 80!

Quote:

Congrats!!!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #1179
TiggerFan3590
Mouseketeer

Congrats to everyone this week!!!!
1995-CBR/Swan
2000-ASM
2006-DD High School Grad DS First Trip-CBR
2010-DS 8th Birthday BC-CL
2012-First Half Marathon-Tinker Bell DL

2014-Glass Slipper Challenge Completed!
2014-DDD-Earning my CTC

2015-TinkerBell Half with DS, DD and DF
2015-WDW to Celebrate
TiggerFan3590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #1180
figment814
Mouseketeer

Just back from WDW!

I did some things really well, and some things not so well. When I got on the scale this morning I was up 3 pounds. The big difference this time, is I got right back on the horse this morning and did not let it affect me mentally.

I have two days til weigh in. I'm not sure what it will bring, but I do think that I will have lost a little bit of that three pounds. Staying at my daily points minimum AND drinking plenty of fluids.

On a non WW related note: I was able to score an AP preview to Fantasyland when we go back in November!!!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
Old 10-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #1181
StayCool
DIS Veteran

WI today. I have not been faithful in tracking my points for about the last 2 weeks. I have continued to weigh in weekly and have not let my eating habits completely go. I've wanted to go crazy and eat everything in sight and although I ate more than I would have if I was tracking, I didn't eat everything I wanted to. Honestly my goal was to just remain the same weight until I could get my feet back under me again. I'm in graduate school and it is kicking my butt right now. I figured if I could maintain until the end of the semester I would pick up where I left off.

Sooooo anyway. Today I weighed in and was down 2.2 pounds. I was definitely surprised. I'm still a little over a pound above my 10% (which I had gotten to 3 weeks ago) but I'm very happy that the changes I have made have stuck with me. I'm probably still no going to go full force until the semester is over, but I will do my best.

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #1182
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post
Just back from WDW!

I did some things really well, and some things not so well. When I got on the scale this morning I was up 3 pounds. The big difference this time, is I got right back on the horse this morning and did not let it affect me mentally.
Isn't it an amazing feeling to get back into the program so fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
WI today. I have not been faithful in tracking my points for about the last 2 weeks. I have continued to weigh in weekly and have not let my eating habits completely go.
Continuing to weigh in is fabulous! And congrats on the surprise loss.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #1183
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post
Just back from WDW!

I have two days til weigh in. I'm not sure what it will bring, but I do think that I will have lost a little bit of that three pounds. Staying at my daily points minimum AND drinking plenty of fluids.

On a non WW related note: I was able to score an AP preview to Fantasyland when we go back in November!!!
That's not a bad gain for being at WDW and kudos for you getting back on the plan.

Did you get to see any of Fantasyland while you were there? I'm wondering what will be different for the preview.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #1184
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Congrats to everyone on losses and smaller sized clothes! Thank you for the support! I was hoping to hit 80 this week, but I'll do it next week!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #1185
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's not a bad gain for being at WDW and kudos for you getting back on the plan.

Did you get to see any of Fantasyland while you were there? I'm wondering what will be different for the preview.
I didn't go to Magic Kingdom this trip even though I had originally intended to.

This is my first AP event. I am wondering if they will make it special in some way.

My WISH Journal

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: