Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #1096
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
Having a hard time this week- making some very questionable choices. What is up with that??
I'm with you! I am also having the hardest time since coming back from our cruise 2 weeks ago. I just can't seem to stop overeating. The day will start great, I will follow the plan and then it all goes downhill in the afternoon.

I had a talk with myself yesterday, and now I need to focus and get back on track!

Just know you are not alone!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #1097
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Man, I wish I had known you could do that Sandi! I took....an intermission? Hiatus? I quit. We'll just call a spade a spade. I quit last year, so when I re-started this time, my old info was still there. It wasn't pretty. Ah well! Onward and upward!
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #1098
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I have been having such trouble lately that I wanted a fresh start TODAY. So, I went to WW to do my WI and face the ugly music. I was telling one of my favorite receptionists how I was frustrated and needed a new beginning. She explained that they could "re-set" me so that today's weight would be my starting weight, that I would get a new book starting with today, and that I wouldn't see, on paper or e-tools, the gain I've had over the last few weeks. I said "sign me up!" I've been doing this round of WW for a few years and never thought to really start over.

I am now 11 pounds from goal. I think this fresh start is just what I need to move in the right direction again. I'm crossing my fingers anyway!

Congrats to all the losers and to the maintainers -- and everyone else who is trying!!! Let's do this thing.
I'm glad they let you do that, Sandi! We could all use a 'do over' from time to time. Hopefully, this will turn out to be just what you need!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #1099
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Okay, I just started my Trip Report. Here's the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107

So far, it's just the introductions but I'll add more later. I hope some of you follow along.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #1100
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I have been having such trouble lately that I wanted a fresh start TODAY. So, I went to WW to do my WI and face the ugly music. I was telling one of my favorite receptionists how I was frustrated and needed a new beginning. She explained that they could "re-set" me so that today's weight would be my starting weight, that I would get a new book starting with today, and that I wouldn't see, on paper or e-tools, the gain I've had over the last few weeks. I said "sign me up!" I've been doing this round of WW for a few years and never thought to really start over.

I am now 11 pounds from goal. I think this fresh start is just what I need to move in the right direction again. I'm crossing my fingers anyway!

Congrats to all the losers and to the maintainers -- and everyone else who is trying!!! Let's do this thing.
I did the exact same thing 5 weeks ago! Instead of trying to claw back to where I was and getting depressed by seeing a positive number in the Total field, I get to see a negative number which makes me feel good about myself. It was so nice to receive a 5-lb star at my last meeting. It's funny how motivated we are by stickers, LOL.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #1101
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Man, I wish I had known you could do that Sandi! I took....an intermission? Hiatus? I quit. We'll just call a spade a spade. I quit last year, so when I re-started this time, my old info was still there. It wasn't pretty. Ah well! Onward and upward!
I was glad I opened up to this receptionist. I'm not sure I would have done that with another person and they wouldn't have known to let me know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
I'm glad they let you do that, Sandi! We could all use a 'do over' from time to time. Hopefully, this will turn out to be just what you need!
I'm hoping so, too. It's my Mulligan -- only taken once!

Hey, I'm looking forward to reading your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I did the exact same thing 5 weeks ago! Instead of trying to claw back to where I was and getting depressed by seeing a positive number in the Total field, I get to see a negative number which makes me feel good about myself. It was so nice to receive a 5-lb star at my last meeting. It's funny how motivated we are by stickers, LOL.
So much of this is mental! I haven't gotten a 5-lb star in a LONG time. Maybe I'll see one in a few weeks! Yup, I'm motivated by stickers and I'm 50!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #1102
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post

Thank you! I would love to do one that's indexed but I don't know how. Those also happen to be my favourite TR's to read since I dont post on them normally.
Just go back to your first post of the trip report and edit it to add a link to each of your new posts. You can either show the link itself or you can give a title to your newest entry, then highlight that, click on the globe-like thingy in the tools, and put your link in that way. Also, if you do all your posts in a particular color and font, it makes it easier for readers to always find your posts amidst the replies.

I'm learning this stuff myself. I got tired of waiting for someone else to start an "Official April 2013" thread so I started one myself. The one thing I wish I had done was to reserve several more posts below my first one so that I could add more information there instead of trying to put everything in the first post. No one has replied to you yet, so you could go ahead and do that if you wanted. I am subscribed and look forward to following you on your trip report.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #1103
StayCool
DIS Veteran

WI today. I am up 1.4 pounds. I expected it but it makes me sad. I'm so overwhelmed with life in general that I'm struggling to stay focused. I'm so tired all the time which drives me to eat more because it helps keep me awake doing the million things that I have to get done. Blah. I don't want to backslide anymore, but I am having a hard time pushing through this.

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #1104
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Just go back to your first post of the trip report and edit it to add a link to each of your new posts. You can either show the link itself or you can give a title to your newest entry, then highlight that, click on the globe-like thingy in the tools, and put your link in that way. Also, if you do all your posts in a particular color and font, it makes it easier for readers to always find your posts amidst the replies.

I'm learning this stuff myself. I got tired of waiting for someone else to start an "Official April 2013" thread so I started one myself. The one thing I wish I had done was to reserve several more posts below my first one so that I could add more information there instead of trying to put everything in the first post. No one has replied to you yet, so you could go ahead and do that if you wanted. I am subscribed and look forward to following you on your trip report.
I don't know what you mean by this.

Also, I actually did mean to change the font colour but I forgot. Hopefully, I'll remember for the rest of the posts. Thanks for subscribing and for the other info above.

Last edited by CdnBuzzFan; 10-09-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #1105
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan

I don't know what you mean by this.

Also, I actually did mean to change the font colour but I forgot. Hopefully, I'll remember for the rest of the posts. Thanks for subscribing and for the other info above.
Make a bunch of post in the thread (ideally #2,3,4,5, 6) and just put like save for later, or something like that in it. That way you have reserved spots if you want to make like post #2 pre trip stuff, #3 all the links for each day, #3 etc.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #1106
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

Sandi, you are amazing honestly I think most people would have given up and your determination just shines! You have been at goal you will do it again. I get it though too, I think my weight has been a roller coaster the last year of lifetime. I don't think I ever have really maintained I'm up I'm down up, down. I hope this fresh start will get you there!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #1107
figment814
Mouseketeer

I am only about two weeks in on my umpteenth go around on weight watchers and I am struggling a bit with protein and keeping myself full throughout the day. I know I am probably reserving too many points for the evening, so I could probably take a few from there to have a higher protein snack. Any suggestions for middle of the day snacks with protein?

(I do have access to a fridge at work.)

Right now, I'm thinking I could hard boil some eggs and eat those, or get some of the mini packs of almonds. (I think Greek Yogurt is high in protein, but I just don't like it.) Any other thoughts?
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #1108
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
WI today. I am up 1.4 pounds. I expected it but it makes me sad. I'm so overwhelmed with life in general that I'm struggling to stay focused. I'm so tired all the time which drives me to eat more because it helps keep me awake doing the million things that I have to get done. Blah. I don't want to backslide anymore, but I am having a hard time pushing through this.
That's a bummer {{hugs}}. Can you start to make a list of what you need to do? I will do that when I start to get overwhelmed and it gives me something to focus on and to check off so I can see progress. Don't forget to put yourself on the list too! Pencil in a 20-minute walk and grab your ipod and crank up the music.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #1109
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post
I am only about two weeks in on my umpteenth go around on weight watchers and I am struggling a bit with protein and keeping myself full throughout the day. I know I am probably reserving too many points for the evening, so I could probably take a few from there to have a higher protein snack. Any suggestions for middle of the day snacks with protein?

Right now, I'm thinking I could hard boil some eggs and eat those, or get some of the mini packs of almonds. (I think Greek Yogurt is high in protein, but I just don't like it.) Any other thoughts?
A combination of foods works better than the individual foods ... like a sting cheese along with an apple.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #1110
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post

Hang in there. Those are my go to snacks, almonds, eggs and Greek yogurt. I am not a huge fan of Greek yogurt by itself. I will add fruit to it or even pumpkin pie spice. I also make deviled eggs using Greek yogurt instead of mayo.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: