Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #91
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink
Okay, I finally braved the scales today...haven't weighed for two weeks, because I was off work last week and use the scales at work. Anyway, because of stress and other roadblocks, I was really scared to face the scales today.

Down 1 pound, yay!!
Yay! Good job! Never be afraid! The worst that can happen is you'll gain. If you do, figure out what you could have done differently and move on! Setbacks can teach us a lot. This is a marathon, not a sprint, y'all!

Thank you for your positive comments, everyone!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #92
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Hello , My name is Jess and I just joined weight watchers on June 6th, 2012!!

My starting weight was 185.4, as of today - I weighed in at 172.3 = 13.1lbs lost!!!

Reason I started was I got married in May and saw those wedding pictures clearly the wedding stress got the best of my body.

I don't have a goal weight yet, but I hope to be right around 135/140 by the end of this. I can't wait to see what I can accomplish!

Can't wait to chat with everyone one here

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Jessica527 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #93
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Welcome, Jess!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #94
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post

My starting weight was 185.4, as of today - I weighed in at 172.3 = 13.1lbs lost!!!

Reason I started was I got married in May and saw those wedding pictures clearly the wedding stress got the best of my body.

I don't have a goal weight yet, but I hope to be right around 135/140 by the end of this. I can't wait to see what I can accomplish!

Welcome Jess, and congratulations!! We got married may 16th in 2009, and Honeymooned at the boardwalk too!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #95
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Weigh-in day! I am down 1.4 pounds this week, 55.6 total!
Awesome!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #96
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527

Welcome! I'm new to WW, too - I'm almost 2 weeks in. Congrats on you accomplishment so far.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #97
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State

Just start out slowly...don't over do it! You know your body and it will tell you when you are pushing too hard....slow down and enjoy the walk/run.
I started today and took it slow...I'm actually looking forward to the next run. I can't believe I just wrote that. Eek!
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Old 07-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #98
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

I'm using the Cool Running program. I don't have a phone that accepts apps, so the fancier ones aren't of use to me, and I'd rather use my music anyway. So I write out what I'm doing that week, put it on the treadmill (with the exact times written out b/c I don't want to do math, not even "time" math, while I'm running!) and just do it.
I downloaded the app and started today. I think it is a program I can stick with. I was feeling a little intimidated thinking about the running part, but I just took it slow and it actually felt really good. Of course, it was just week 1, day 1, so I'm looking forward to see what kind of progress I make over the next few weeks. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #99
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Okay, I finally braved the scales today...haven't weighed for two weeks, because I was off work last week and use the scales at work. Anyway, because of stress and other roadblocks, I was really scared to face the scales today.

Down 1 pound, yay!!
Glad you weighed in! Next time, WI regardless! If you were up 2 weeks ago, sure it would hurt a bit, BUT then you would know exactly what you lost after the gain.

Just keep going!

Today I start the official week 4 of the C25K. Even though I've been running more than week 3 said to, simply because it felt good while running, I'm a little scared of week 4!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #100
StayCool
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I have just finished reading the 2nd WW thread that was huge but very motivating! I have rejoined online WW and am really looking forward to making some real changes in my life. This time I am dragging my husband along in the journey. He isn't happy about it but he just had a dr appt a few weeks ago that showed his blood pressure and cholesterol are up and he is now prediabetic.

Soo.... I told him he is at a fork in the road. Change his health for the better and live a happier, healthier life, or travel down the road he is on and most likely die young. Harsh, but necessary. Otherwise he would have just ignored me as he has for the last few years.

We signed up together a couple weeks ago and have been tracking our weight but waited until after our summer bbq to start tracking points. So today was my second WI and I am down 1.6 lbs for a total of 5.2. Not bad considering the minimal changes I have made. The difficult part is going to be once I go back to school in the fall and the kids activities pick up. Right now I am just taking it one day, one meal at a time.

I am proud of my husband too. He is whining but today he tracked all of his breakfast points without me! Sounds silly, but that is a huge victory for us. :

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and joining you on this journey!

Mindy
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #101
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

I'm using the Cool Running program. I don't have a phone that accepts apps, so the fancier ones aren't of use to me, and I'd rather use my music anyway. So I write out what I'm doing that week, put it on the treadmill (with the exact times written out b/c I don't want to do math, not even "time" math, while I'm running!) and just do it.

Although I tend to be an "all or nothing" person (and the "nothing" is what got me to 80+ pounds overweight) but I'm trying to change that. Last week was the official week 3, but my lungs were still just dying at the end...so this week I repeated Week 3 and I feel GREAT for having done that.

Now, I'll admit that I used to be a runner, but that was a long, long time ago, and back then I mainly ran to keep our dog healthy or b/c my rowing coach made me run. This is the first self-directed running time.

Today's WI I gained .2. I was due the gain, since it's only my 2nd gain since February! And I think it's TOM, so even more expected.
Don't sweat that .2 your doing great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8
Weigh-in day! I am down 1.4 pounds this week, 55.6 total!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink

Down 1 pound, yay!!
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527

Hello Jess! Congrats on your weight loss so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool
Hi everyone! I have just finished reading the 2nd WW thread that was huge but very motivating! I have rejoined online WW and am really looking forward to making some real changes in my life. This time I am dragging my husband along in the journey. He isn't happy about it but he just had a dr appt a few weeks ago that showed his blood pressure and cholesterol are up and he is now prediabetic.

Soo.... I told him he is at a fork in the road. Change his health for the better and live a happier, healthier life, or travel down the road he is on and most likely die young. Harsh, but necessary. Otherwise he would have just ignored me as he has for the last few years.

We signed up together a couple weeks ago and have been tracking our weight but waited until after our summer bbq to start tracking points. So today was my second WI and I am down 1.6 lbs for a total of 5.2. Not bad considering the minimal changes I have made. The difficult part is going to be once I go back to school in the fall and the kids activities pick up. Right now I am just taking it one day, one meal at a time.

I am proud of my husband too. He is whining but today he tracked all of his breakfast points without me! Sounds silly, but that is a huge victory for us. :

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and joining you on this journey!

Mindy
Wow Mindy that was a lot of reading! Welcome to you and your husband. Good luck, as a busy mom myself you just have to take the time and plan meals, have easy to grab snacks. If you take time to do this there will be less drive thru runs.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #102
sjms71
DIS Veteran

I bought a julienne peeler the other day. I made zucchini noodles with it. They came so good, thought I'd share.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #103
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71
I bought a julienne peeler the other day. I made zucchini noodles with it. They came so good, thought I'd share.
Thanks for sharing! I have been wanting to try that!

I had a BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad with cheese and it was only 6 points!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #104
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post

Mindy
About 1/3 of the meeting I attend is made up of couples. I was surprised to see that many men in attendance, but they all jump right in and participate as much as the women. If your dh needs the extra male support in the future, you might want to look at attending the meetings.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #105
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Down 1 lb at WI last night. Dd was down 3.2! AND she passed on to me all her too-big summer clothes, two sizes smaller than what I wore last summer) and they fit me! (If only I liked her style -- I love color and she likes drab. Plus all the capris are cargo-style, which I told her will be great for Disney, but not really something I like for daily wear at 56 years old, lol.)

Lost another DP, down to 27 now. Last week was my first week using the WPs almost daily instead of saving them for one big meal (and I only had those big meals three or four times since joining in March). I KNOW they want me to fill up my plate with lots of fruits and veggies, but physically I NEED proteins. I can do without the carbs, but my body has been geared to protein-rich foods for years now. And "protein" bars just don't do it for me. If I don't start my day with protein (eggs, cheese, breakfast meat) I will be edgy and wanting to nibble anything I can get my hands on for the rest of the day.

My oldest dd has also joined WW but she is doing it online. She did Medifast for the first four months of the year, switched to counting calories, then took a week vacation which extended to several weeks of not worrying about what she ate, so now she has signed up for WW. She honestly doesn't have the time to attend meetings (I think she is too busy already and should cut other things from her schedule). She says she hates tracking and counting points AND that she has a hard time eating all her points, so I suggested she try Simply Filling. I'm sure she has a physical problem that causes her to be overweight but no doctors have ever figured it out. They say that if all they saw was her numbers (heart rate, pulse, blood work results) they would think they were looking at a well-trained athlete. And then they see her weight (which was 250+ before starting Medifast) and tell her she needs to diet. Well, yeah! But the girl can run for miles, bike for miles, and does workout videos every other day. She is physically fit, but she carries excess weight. Even an endocrinologist dismissed her and said she would just have to learn to live on 800 calories a day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: