Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #991
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

My neighbor noticed I lost weight! That had made my day!!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #992
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post

That's great!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #993
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

Hello!

I started WW this past Saturday and after scratching my head at the Community section on their eTools website, I was relieved to see a group of folks on the WISH boards.

I'd love to join in on your group as I'm trying to take stronger steps towards weight loss than I've tried in the past and one of those steps is surrounding myself with like-minded people.

I'm trying to lose between 60 and 70 pounds but just focusing on the first 5% to start with.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #994
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Hello!

I started WW this past Saturday and after scratching my head at the Community section on their eTools website, I was relieved to see a group of folks on the WISH boards.

I'd love to join in on your group as I'm trying to take stronger steps towards weight loss than I've tried in the past and one of those steps is surrounding myself with like-minded people.

I'm trying to lose between 60 and 70 pounds but just focusing on the first 5% to start with.
Welcome!! I often go to their boards, but it's pretty confusing, and threads just move on -- it doesn't go to the top when people post to them, so the conversation just gets lost.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #995
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Had my WI this morning, down 1.4 for a total of 9.6 lbs in 6 weeks! I can't wait to get my ribbon! I'm sure I will get it next week!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #996
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Tried on some old clothes tonight. Some shirts I couldn't wear last year were HUGE. It really made me think...how did I let it get that far? I knew I needed to do something, but I had no idea how out of control I'd let it get.
I think the exact same way. I just didn't see it -- I never thought of myself as morbidly obese, just overweight. But I guess with 120+ pounds to lose, that was my reality. My daughters are quick to look at me and say, "Mom, that shirt goes in the giveaway pile. Don't wear it again. You look so much better when you wear clothes that fit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmomma View Post
I am peeved with them all the time! It drives me nuts that I scan a WW meal and it is not even there! That and the missing restaurants has me so irritated I have not been tracking like I should.
I don't want this to sound mean, but you are only hurting yourself by not tracking. Don't let these irritations control you!

Quote:
What a great compliment! I saw an old co-worker last week who really had a lot to say about people's weight behind their backs and I had to think, "Timmy boy, look at me now." I have to admit that I put a little sway in my hips and stood a little taller when I walked away. LOL.

Quote:
Hello!

Welcome aboard! My dd who is doing WW online is very active in the community section but I just didn't care for it. The gang here has been a great source of encouragement for me since I joined them. And we can talk Disney and nobody rolls their eyes.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #997
Daisybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Welcome aboard! My dd who is doing WW online is very active in the community section but I just didn't care for it. The gang here has been a great source of encouragement for me since I joined them. And we can talk Disney and nobody rolls their eyes.
I'm sure it's a matter of just spending time to catch the rhythm of the WW boards but I'm not really on long enough to 'get it'. The Dis feels like home so this is perfect!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #998
StayCool
Mouseketeer

Well WI was today and I showed a gain of a little over 2 pounds. I knew I was going to be up so time to buckle down. I think I'm getting sick too so it should be an interesting week. I will do better next week. Hope everyone is having a great day!

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #999
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
How wonderful!!!! Congrats - that is better than seeing the weight drop down on the scales!!! Your hard work is paying off !!!
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #1000
Daisybelle

Question to those more experienced at WW than I:

Do you use your Weekly Points at all? Do you have any opinion on that? I do use my activity points most days so far, partly because I'm still getting used to staying within my points each day.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #1001
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
I'm sure it's a matter of just spending time to catch the rhythm of the WW boards but I'm not really on long enough to 'get it'. The Dis feels like home so this is perfect!
I agree!!! Love this Dis board (even though I've not been as deligent posting as I should)!!! Everyone is so welcoming and supportive.

By the way - back into walking!!! Walked 2 1/2 miles both Mon and Tues
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #1002
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

I think the exact same way. I just didn't see it -- I never thought of myself as morbidly obese, just overweight. But I guess with 120+ pounds to lose, that was my reality. My daughters are quick to look at me and say, "Mom, that shirt goes in the giveaway pile. Don't wear it again. You look so much better when you wear clothes that fit."
Same here! I had 116 pounds to lose when I started. That's more than just a little overweight. Funny you should mention that about your shirts. As I write this, I am wearing pants that are going in the giveaway pile. I was rushing this morning and grabbed these. I look ridiculous!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #1003
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle
Question to those more experienced at WW than I:

Do you use your Weekly Points at all? Do you have any opinion on that? I do use my activity points most days so far, partly because I'm still getting used to staying within my points each day.
I don't, but they are there for you to use! I sometimes have trouble using my daily points, so of I used more, it would be too much for me.
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #1004
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8

I don't, but they are there for you to use! I sometimes have trouble using my daily points, so of I used more, it would be too much for me.
You can send me some extras lol! It is rare that I have any daily points left and if I do, an Oreo or two fix that! They are my weakness!

I don't officially track my weeklies, but if I have a slice of birthday cake, extra slice of pizza, etc i keep that in mind when eating the rest of the week.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #1005
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

You all give me so much hope. I can do this.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: