Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #946
robinb
DIS Veteran

I went to my meeting today and weighed in. It looked like I was just going to my meeting without weighing in for a while this week as I was totally bloated and up A LOT. I weighed myself this morning and gave myself the OK to weigh at the meeting and I lost .8 lbs ... just shy of my 5lb goal. Oh well, I'll get it next week.
robinb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #947
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
I have WI day tomorrow but have to WI at 11am instead of the usual 8 or 930 am. Normally, I don't eat before the weigh in. This week, I'm running a 5k and then quickly showering and running off to WW. I HAVE to eat before my race... I think it's going to mess with the numbers, though I guess running 3 miles prior to WI would mess with them in the opposite direction. Ya think it'll just cancel each other out?
I think that you will have gained some "weight" from running and your muscles holding onto water. I would recommend that you go to your meeting to keep on track but NOT weigh in. Congratulations on doing a 5K race!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #948
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
You'll have 7 points per day from your weeklies plus you will be earning a number of points from walking. Maybe ... 15-20? I earn about 5 APs for walking about 2 miles. Are you on the DDP?
Yes, I'm on the QS plan. I'm going to try simply filling for the next week or so and see if it works for me, I used to LOVE it when it was "Core" so this might be the way for me to go..thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #949
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

Yes, those will be problematic. Can you share the treats? You might actually *want* to; I know that I can't eat the bulk that I used to, and super-sugary things don't make me feel good with a lot less of it eaten nowadays.
Yes, I've already considered sharing, or just it throwing out after a bite or two...but I hate to waste...
Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #950
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8

I allowed myself at least one treat per day, and did my best to track. I did have a cinnamon roll. I cut it in half before I ever started eating and took the other half back to the hotel for breakfast the next day. That, along with all the walking, allowed me to lose over 3 pounds.
That's a good idea. Great job on the 3lb loss too!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #951
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom View Post
Yes, I'm on the QS plan. I'm going to try simply filling for the next week or so and see if it works for me, I used to LOVE it when it was "Core" so this might be the way for me to go..thanks
I don't think the QS plan will be that much of a temptation. The desserts are terrible! We tried them and threw most of them away.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #952
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

It's not the QS desserts I'm worried about (I usually get a second drink instead of a dessert) it's more the snack credits. I'm sure I'm over analyzing everything, but it's the first time to the world since I've been back on program, and I'm determined to succeed this time!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #953
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom View Post
It's not the QS desserts I'm worried about (I usually get a second drink instead of a dessert) it's more the snack credits. I'm sure I'm over analyzing everything, but it's the first time to the world since I've been back on program, and I'm determined to succeed this time!
Take a look here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2853528 and you can scout out ahead of time where you can get fruit for a snack point. Then just walk right on past all those places that don't offer fruit so you won't be tempted by the other stuff. I find deciding ahead of time what I'm going to do when I'm actually in the situation helps. Not always mind you, but most of the time.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #954
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

I also went through all of the menus ahead of time. I made a list in my phone of what restaurants had something I could eat and what they had that I could eat.
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #955
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Woo hoo!! Down 2.8 this week, for a total of 30.6 lost! Hit my first 10% goal!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #956
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs

Congratulations! That is amazing!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #957
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post

YEA! Doesn't it feel great????

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #958
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs

That is awesome! Great job!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #959
abish19
Mouseketeer

Congrats on all the losses out there!

I've been doing WW since August 1 and have lost 11 pounds. It doesn't feel like much, but it's about a pound a week.

The trouble is, I'm starting to lose focus - I want to eat! And not veggies and fruit, either. Is there a way I can motivate myself? Doing really well with exercise (better than ever!), but wanting to go back to the way I ate before. (Logically, I know I can't do that without gaining!)

THANKS for your help!
abish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #960
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Congrats to all the "losers" this week!
Well- last week I had been up .8 and THIS week- down 3.0 for a total of 33 lbs since 1st wk of May.
Had my 5k prior to WI this morning and though it may seem obsessive- I conducted a scale "experiment" of what I weighed prior to eating and drinking some water before 5k and what I weighed after I drank / ate and did the 5k. Completely scientific of course
In any case, it was a whole difference of .2 on my scale- I weighed .2 less after the 5k. So the whole thing of me thinking I might weigh more because of the eating or water retention with the race- didn't matter at all. Which just goes to show-- the micromanaging of the scale does nothing but make you nuts for no reason It all evens out like we said the other day.
My 5k was good this morning though it felt "short" especially since my time was almost 10 minutes faster than it had been on my last 5k a few weeks ago!
I talked to other runners and some said that the course actually was .2 or .3 shorter than a "real" 5k. This one wasn't a certified course. Still- 10 minutes? They also said- that this course was a little bit easier course than what I had done a few weeks ago- that was a road one and this was an easier trail one with less hills. They said it was entirely possible that it was my TRUE time. I thought I had missed a loop somewhere and was feeling like I had inadvertently cheated. Nope, I actually did improve my time some because I've been running longer distances. Who knew?

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: