Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #916
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Pretty good day so far today. Had my yoplait greek yogurt for breakfast then a turkey sandwich on english muffin, carrots and applesauce for lunch.

What's for dinner, everyone?
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #917
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Pretty good day so far today. Had my yoplait greek yogurt for breakfast then a turkey sandwich on english muffin, carrots and applesauce for lunch.

This is the first day all week that I've got no idea. We've only eaten out for dinner once all month, but I think I may take DD out tonight. She needs to get her hair cut, and wants it straightened, so it will take a while; we're going right after work.

We had free coupons for a donation project for Jersey Mike's subs (lunch today only), so I blew 15 points on a sub (which was amazing and worth it), so I don't have a whole lot to play with tonight.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #918
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs

We had free coupons for a donation project for Jersey Mike's subs (lunch today only), so I blew 15 points on a sub (which was amazing and worth it), so I don't have a whole lot to play with tonight.
I went to Panarea Bread yesterday and holy cow did that kill my points! Ended up being an egg white omelet kind of night lol!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #919
Miniefan
DIS Veteran

This is the beginning of my second week doing WW, I went to my first meeting on Tuesday night. I lost 1.5 lbs, its not a huge loss but it wasn't a gain either. I am wondering if anyone here can help me figure out something though....What is the best way to figure out points when you are making recipes at home? It is really becoming a pain doing all this math!!

Thanks
Kim
Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #920
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandsMostWantd View Post
So, how many of you have eTools? I admittedly haven't read this ENTIRE thread (I have read the last several pages though) and I was wondering if there's a DIS challenge setup in the WW community challenges on etools?
I have eTools and I go to meetings. I don't think I could do WW without both.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #921
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniefan View Post
This is the beginning of my second week doing WW, I went to my first meeting on Tuesday night. I lost 1.5 lbs, its not a huge loss but it wasn't a gain either. I am wondering if anyone here can help me figure out something though....What is the best way to figure out points when you are making recipes at home? It is really becoming a pain doing all this math!!

Thanks
Kim
It's time consuming, but you can use the recipe builder on eTools. I've started only getting recipes from sites that provide the detailed nutritional information and then plug it in to the tracker that way.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #922
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom View Post
I have no idea if I'm posting in the right place, or if this has been asked somewhere...but is there any kind of list anywhere with pp values of foods/drinks in the parks? I'm stressing myself out over the points!
I don't know of one. If you're stressing out about points in the parks, why not try the Simply Filling technique? You can try to stick with power foods while at WDW and you'll get a lot of activity points with all that walking.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #923
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles

I went to Panarea Bread yesterday and holy cow did that kill my points! Ended up being an egg white omelet kind of night lol!
There are actually quite a few low/medium points plus options at Panera, their website has a great nutrition calculator. My personal favorite is the you pick 2 with Greek salad and low fat chicken noodle soup for 8pp
Old 09-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #924
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
I don't know of one. If you're stressing out about points in the parks, why not try the Simply Filling technique? You can try to stick with power foods while at WDW and you'll get a lot of activity points with all that walking.
I've considered that...but it's the desserts/snacks that are going to kill me I love those cinnamon rolls from main st bakery!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #925
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've considered that...but it's the desserts/snacks that are going to kill me I love those cinnamon rolls from main st bakery!
You'll have 7 points per day from your weeklies plus you will be earning a number of points from walking. Maybe ... 15-20? I earn about 5 APs for walking about 2 miles. Are you on the DDP?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #926
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
...and you'll get a lot of activity points with all that walking.
You sure do!

I wore my heart rate monitor (I've mentioned this before) during our last DLR trip and I was burning more than 1000 calories in something like 5 hours? I realized the reason why I've traditionally lost weight when I get back from DLR/WDW, even before I was trying to do so!

Quote:
Yes, those will be problematic. Can you share the treats? You might actually *want* to; I know that I can't eat the bulk that I used to, and super-sugary things don't make me feel good with a lot less of it eaten nowadays.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #927
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom

I allowed myself at least one treat per day, and did my best to track. I did have a cinnamon roll. I cut it in half before I ever started eating and took the other half back to the hotel for breakfast the next day. That, along with all the walking, allowed me to lose over 3 pounds.
keahgirl8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #928
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

I had a lemon cookie yesterday (a delicious lemon cookie I might add) but holy moly did that give me heart burn! It truly was not worth it. Guess my body is used to me putting better stuff than that in it! Don't remember the last time I ate something that sweet...

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #929
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02
I had a lemon cookie yesterday (a delicious lemon cookie I might add) but holy moly did that give me heart burn! It truly was not worth it. Guess my body is used to me putting better stuff than that in it! Don't remember the last time I ate something that sweet...
I have to be really careful when I go off plan because it can really mess my stomach up. The only positive to it, is I stay on plan better out of fear of a boo boo belly!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #930
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post

I had to go back and check my tracker because I couldn't remember what I had last night. Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast soup (1 cup -- had the other cup for lunch) with half an ear of corn added to it. Some watermelon. Finished with a Berger cookie (4 points for the cookie -- but it is so worth those points).

We eat our big meal at lunch, eat a light dinner, and nothing after 7:00. This works for us because dh is retired on disability.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: