Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #76
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State
My WW meeting was closed on Wed due to the holiday so I found another WW center on Thursday. I didn't gain and I didn't lose...I'll take that! I have continued with my running by walking 8 mins/running 7 mins until I reach one hour. I can cover 4 1/2 miles in one hour. I really do enjoy going to the gym now. Funny when I started walking May '11 I couldn't walk but only 20 mins. I love the new ME!
That is fantastic progress with the running. I am so not a runner, but have thought about starting the Couch to 5K program, in order to try to start running to increase my activity. Since you went from a non runner to someone who can run, any tips you can provide? I, just in my second week of WW and want to learn everything I can to improve my chances for success!
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #77
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
My WW meeting was closed on Wed due to the holiday so I found another WW center on Thursday. I didn't gain and I didn't lose...I'll take that! I have continued with my running by walking 8 mins/running 7 mins until I reach one hour. I can cover 4 1/2 miles in one hour. I really do enjoy going to the gym now. Funny when I started walking May '11 I couldn't walk but only 20 mins. I love the new ME!
Your last sentence made me smile. Lord knows I need some smiles today.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #78
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan
I've been away from the thread for awhile, so I wanted to jump in and say hi. This week I reached my 5% and 10 lbs. At the
Meeting where we had to set summer goals I said I wanted to lose a lb a week for 10 lbs total and I'm half way to that goal. I'm excited!

Did everyone enjoy their holiday? How did you stay on plan?
Great job, keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee
Well, I ended week one yesterday, and at my first weigh in I was down 7.2 pounds! I know not to expect that kind of weight loss in a weekly basis, but it was a good start to keep my motivated. I hope to lose 1-2 pounds per week. If I can do that, I will be down significantly by the time I go to WDW in November, in 16 weeks time!
Welcome, congrats on your fabulous first week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State
Stephanie you are such an inspiration always motivated, positive and focused!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #79
NC State
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
That is fantastic progress with the running. I am so not a runner, but have thought about starting the Couch to 5K program, in order to try to start running to increase my activity. Since you went from a non runner to someone who can run, any tips you can provide? I, just in my second week of WW and want to learn everything I can to improve my chances for success!
Just start out slowly...don't over do it! You know your body and it will tell you when you are pushing too hard....slow down and enjoy the walk/run.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #80
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Today was weigh in. I gained only .6. It was hard this week with my family in town. But back on the wagon today! I am hoping to make it to the gym 3 times this week when DH is home to watch DS. I have a half marathon in January, so I am hoping to back into shape.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #81
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
I'm using the Cool Running program. I don't have a phone that accepts apps, so the fancier ones aren't of use to me, and I'd rather use my music anyway. So I write out what I'm doing that week, put it on the treadmill (with the exact times written out b/c I don't want to do math, not even "time" math, while I'm running!) and just do it.

Although I tend to be an "all or nothing" person (and the "nothing" is what got me to 80+ pounds overweight) but I'm trying to change that. Last week was the official week 3, but my lungs were still just dying at the end...so this week I repeated Week 3 and I feel GREAT for having done that.

Now, I'll admit that I used to be a runner, but that was a long, long time ago, and back then I mainly ran to keep our dog healthy or b/c my rowing coach made me run. This is the first self-directed running time.

Today's WI I gained .2. I was due the gain, since it's only my 2nd gain since February! And I think it's TOM, so even more expected.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #82
Auntie L.
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I'm using the Cool Running program. I don't have a phone that accepts apps, so the fancier ones aren't of use to me, and I'd rather use my music anyway. So I write out what I'm doing that week, put it on the treadmill (with the exact times written out b/c I don't want to do math, not even "time" math, while I'm running!) and just do it.

Although I tend to be an "all or nothing" person (and the "nothing" is what got me to 80+ pounds overweight) but I'm trying to change that. Last week was the official week 3, but my lungs were still just dying at the end...so this week I repeated Week 3 and I feel GREAT for having done that.

Now, I'll admit that I used to be a runner, but that was a long, long time ago, and back then I mainly ran to keep our dog healthy or b/c my rowing coach made me run. This is the first self-directed running time.

Today's WI I gained .2. I was due the gain, since it's only my 2nd gain since February! And I think it's TOM, so even more expected.
I think you're making great progress!! I totally relate to the all or nothing way of thinking. You have a great attitude about your small weight gain it will be off before you know it!!

I too was up 80lbs. I'm down 24.2 and made my 10% this week !! I lost 1.4 and landed at exactly 200 lbs!! I mean, really, I couldn't have lost just another .2!! Just kidding- I'm happy with my progress - slow and steady. This weekend has been a struggle. I bought the WW mini pizzas and the triple chocolate i.c.bars. Even though they're WW products, I've been overeating them. Starchy foods & i.c. are my weaknesses and I think I'll do better to avoid them for a while . So, they're out of the house now and I'm off to workout - have a great day everyone!!

Linda
1964 World's Fair (saw the original SW, H of P & C of P!!) , Jan. 2006 - Dolphin Resort, Feb. 2007 - Pop Century & Wilderness Lodge, Oct. 2007 - Port Orleans FQ, June 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Aug. 2008 - Old Key West, July 2009 - All Star Music, Nov./Dec. 2009 - Kidani Village for MVMCP, August 2010 - All Star Movies, May/June 2011 Boardwalk
Auntie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #83
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie L. View Post
I think you're making great progress!! I totally relate to the all or nothing way of thinking. You have a great attitude about your small weight gain it will be off before you know it!!

I too was up 80lbs. I'm down 24.2 and made my 10% this week !! I lost 1.4 and landed at exactly 200 lbs!! I mean, really, I couldn't have lost just another .2!!
Thank you! Gains in my past WW attempts threw me off course, and I'm really trying to accept them this time. I know I did nothing "wrong", it's just biology, right? And even if I had done something wrong, hopefully I enjoyed it, LOL. I've really been looking to my brother and sister in law for inspiration. They've never been overweight, but they go up and down by small amounts. If a pair of pants is tighter, they take care of that *immediately*, and not by buying new pants or deciding that the dryer shrunk the pants! They face it, change something (exercise more and/or eat less), and deal with it. So if they can accept the occasional gain, so can I!

Congrats on the 10%! It's so exciting!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 07-08-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #84
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Thank you! Gains in my past WW attempts threw me off course, and I'm really trying to accept them this time. I know I did nothing "wrong", it's just biology, right? And even if I had done something wrong, hopefully I enjoyed it, LOL. I've really been looking to my brother and sister in law for inspiration. They've never been overweight, but they go up and down by small amounts. If a pair of pants is tighter, they take care of that *immediately*, and not by buying new pants or deciding that the dryer shrunk the pants! They face it, change something (exercise more and/or eat less), and deal with it. So if they can accept the occasional gain, so can I!

Congrats on the 10%! It's so exciting!
I like your brother and sister-in-law's way of thinking. That is inspiring! Something a friend of mine used to do that couldn't have chocolate also inspires me. If she was somewhere that was serving something chocolate that she really wanted, she would watch someone else eat it (discreetly of course). She would think, "There's the first bite, tastes so good but that sure was fast. Second bite, yummm, well that didn't last long." And so she would go until the very last bite, "Well, that was quick, it's already gone. I missed about two minutes of pleasure." With that perspective, it is fairly easy to think to myself, "Well, I'll only enjoy it for two minutes, so I'll just skip those two minutes."

Last edited by pwdebbie; 07-10-2012 at 07:48 AM.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #85
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Weigh-in day! I am down 1.4 pounds this week, 55.6 total!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #86
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Awesome results!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #87
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8

Awesome results!
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #88
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
With that perspective, it is fairly easy to think to myself, "Well, I'll only enjoy it for two minutes, so I'll just skip those two minutes."
Interesting way of doing things! Sounds like it works; I'll keep it in the back of my mind for those extra-tempting times when I don't have the points for something! (February cruise perhaps?) I definitely know I'm more picky now. I want to *love* what I eat. Ha, it's like Anton Ego, or whatever the the name of the food critic from Ratatouille is. Only eat what you love!

Quote:
Once again, amazing!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #89
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #90
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Okay, I finally braved the scales today...haven't weighed for two weeks, because I was off work last week and use the scales at work. Anyway, because of stress and other roadblocks, I was really scared to face the scales today.

Down 1 pound, yay!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: