Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #856
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Four days in a row now of weigh in at home under 200! I thought the first time was just a fluke, but it has stayed consistent. I won't consider myself to be officially in onederland though until my WW WI puts me there. (My home scale in the a.m. in the buff and the WW scale in the p.m. fully dressed differ by three to four pounds.)
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #857
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Four days in a row now of weigh in at home under 200! I thought the first time was just a fluke, but it has stayed consistent. I won't consider myself to be officially in onederland though until my WW WI puts me there. (My home scale in the a.m. in the buff and the WW scale in the p.m. fully dressed differ by three to four pounds.)
Congrats!! That is amazing! Good luck on your official WI!

To all the previous posters who said they ate a ton last night, there must have been something in the air. Maybe a full moon? I did the same thing Then this morning I pulled out our winter/fall clothes and got completly frustraited. I got rid of all my clothes from the last time I got this big and all I have left are my skinny clothes. I don't have pants that fit, I don't have shirts that fit, even my fall boots don't fit on my now massive legs. *sigh* I'm upset because even my wedding ring doesn't fit. I just need to remember this feeling and do something about it. I NEED TO DO THIS. I start a new job in about a week, so I'm hoping that helps keep me on track, having a schedule and all. The worst part is that I know I can do it, I've done it before. There is no excuse this time.

Okay, thanks for listening to me rant. I'm just having a really hard time getting on the bandwaggon. It really helps that I can come here and vent and it helps to see all the people being successfull. It motivates me.

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone on their upcoming WI

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #858
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I did something this morning that I am proud of! We had left over candy from our movie night and I threw it out! I knew there is no way I could resist the junior mints so into the trash they went!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #859
Ryansdad0727
DIS Veteran

I started WW 3 weeks ago and I am shocked at how well it works. I am down 13 lbs. in that time. I'm glad I found this thread. I can see there are plenty of others who love their WW.
Polynesian: 1992, Port Orleans: Riverside August 2004, Old Key West: July 2009, Old Key West: December 2010, Treehouse Villas at SSR: December 2011, Old Key West: March 2012, Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge: July 2012, SSR: July 2012, Boardwalk Villas: March 2014, Bay Lake Tower: July 2014
Ryansdad0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #860
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansdad0727
I started WW 3 weeks ago and I am shocked at how well it works. I am down 13 lbs. in that time. I'm glad I found this thread. I can see there are plenty of others who love their WW.
That's awesome! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #861
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

I know you lose points as you lose weight but how low do they go?
Old 09-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #862
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

WI yesterday- up .8. Still at an even 30 but.. MEH!
I knew it was going to happen. Last week I only ran 1 day out of 3, I played golf 2x but it's not enough activity for me. I also think I may have eaten a few of my husband's extra points for the week
I hate to use it as an excuse, and I am sorry for any men on this board- but it was ahem.. THAT time.. so.. onward and upward (but DOWNward on the scale) for this week.

NSV-- I ran 5 miles for the first time ever today. My legs are sore but I did it in 1 hour and 6 minutes. Not too shabby for my first 5 mile run (at least I don't think?).

Good luck to all this week

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #863
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom
Pretty sure it's 26.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #864
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
Pretty sure it's 26.
Yep, it's 26. It forces you to eat more fruits and veggies to avoid starving to death.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #865
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

Yep, it's 26. It forces you to eat more fruits and veggies to avoid starving to death.
I'd like to know how it goes. I have lost 7.8 lbs and have already went from 31 to 30 to 29 points and I have a lot of weight to lose. 26 points a day scares me haha!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #866
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
I'd like to know how it goes. I have lost 7.8 lbs and have already went from 31 to 30 to 29 points and I have a lot of weight to lose. 26 points a day scares me haha!
Every point I lose is like losing a friend!

I think it goes down to 26 to still lose weight, but I think they add some points once you're on maintenance?

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #867
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Crossing fingers for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
Then this morning I pulled out our winter/fall clothes and got completly frustraited. I got rid of all my clothes from the last time I got this big and all I have left are my skinny clothes. I don't have pants that fit, I don't have shirts that fit, even my fall boots don't fit on my now massive legs. *sigh* I'm upset because even my wedding ring doesn't fit. I just need to remember this feeling and do something about it. I NEED TO DO THIS
Major hugs to you.

I had to buy new rings for the nearly 8 years I couldn't wear mine. My "real" ring is a hunk of platinum and there's just not way I was going to have that resized. So it sat there, and I bought cheapie rings from ice.com and some other website, just to have something on my hand. Even now I'm still not quite there; I figure it'll be another good 10 lbs before I can consistently wear my true ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansdad0727 View Post
At first you made my head spin, but then I saw "dad". Men do tend to lose in big chunks like that! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
26 with pointsplus2012.

BUT that's a switch for this year; it *was* 29 with the first PointsPlus. And they said that if you're losing with 29, feel free to keep it there rather than go down.

And, of course, if you're eating Weekly and/or Activity, you're usually not sticking soley to 26 anyway.

Quote:
It does, me, too! It's why I started eating Weekly, then Activity points, because 26 felt so low! I ate only 25 on Friday (b/c I was negative 1 in Weekly and it just BUGGED me that I would have eaten over my entire allottment of points for the week) and it was painful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
I think it goes down to 26 to still lose weight, but I think they add some points once you're on maintenance?
Yep, they add them in.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #868
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles
I did something this morning that I am proud of! We had left over candy from our movie night and I threw it out! I knew there is no way I could resist the junior mints so into the trash they went!
Good for you! I threw away half a bag of white chocolate Reese's cups a few months ago. It actually felt really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansdad0727
Welcome and congratulations! I agree. WW is amazing. Truly life changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles

I know! My mom has 28 and I think she was a little relived that it only goes to 26! She said if she lost many more, she didn't know what she'd eat! lol
Old 09-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #869
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
So frustrated I only lost .2 this week and last. I feel like I don't want to follow plan. This happens to me every time!
I hope you can get to the point where you realize that .2 is GREAT! If you had gained .2 would you call it "only"? Probably not, right?

.2 is a loss, and a loss is a loss. Between this week and last week you lost almost half a pound, which is pretty awesome!

Just keep on going! IF your plan needs some tweaking, look to that. Like if your portions aren't being measured as exactly, or you're not getting your fruits and veggies in, etc etc, make sure those are being done. Or if you just started exercising, or exercising harder, make sure you're getting extra water. But otherwise, just keep going.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #870
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

I hope you can get to the point where you realize that .2 is GREAT! If you had gained .2 would you call it "only"? Probably not, right?

.2 is a loss, and a loss is a loss. Between this week and last week you lost almost half a pound, which is pretty awesome!

Just keep on going! IF your plan needs some tweaking, look to that. Like if your portions aren't being measured as exactly, or you're not getting your fruits and veggies in, etc etc, make sure those are being done. Or if you just started exercising, or exercising harder, make sure you're getting extra water. But otherwise, just keep going.
I would agree with this! A loss is a loss, though I have been in your shoes and I beat myself up too. We're human, right? I just saw a YouTube video where she figured how many ounces .2, .4, etc. was and found household products with that weight. It is more than you think! I don't know if I can link a YouTube video here, so you can PM me if you want it! It gave me some perspective!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: