facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #826
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Today, for the first time in many years, I weighed LESS than my husband! AND I was below 200!

We both weigh ourselves first thing in the morning. I was actually down 1.6 from Tuesday a.m. (I go to WW in the evening on Tuesdays), so I think I can expect a loss next week.
Wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #827
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
Finally hit my 10% last night!!! Got my key chain and promptly put my gym membership tag on it! I have joined and quit WW MANY times but since they started celebrating losing 10% this is the first time I have actually done it. My next goal is to lose 10% of my new current weight!
Congratulations!!!!!!

omg I just realized that I hit my second 10% last week. I can give my old keychain back! It's been hanging on a peg above my desk for ages now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Today, for the first time in many years, I weighed LESS than my husband! AND I was below 200!
Woohooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post

I *love* the paperclip idea! I think I will start on one myself. Do you do anything special for your 5-lbs clips? Maybe a different color?

I noticed that people were thanking you for starting the thread...I hadn't noticed it was you, but THANK YOU!

I just grab random colors from the leader's clip box (she is SO nice to provide them), but what a neat idea, to have a different color for the 5 lb marks! I might have to switch things around with it.

Ugh, I'm sick for the first time since starting WW last Feb. NOT fun. DS is sick, too, so homeschooling is out the window. Bright side: I'm not really hungry (though I did eat breakfast and drink coffee to avoid a hunger or caffeine headache). Down side: I'm not interested in water, either, so I feel bloaty. Ugh.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #828
StayCool
Mouseketeer

So here is a silly thing, but anyways. I just realized that I am not morbidly obese per my BMI anymore. it has dropped 3 points. It is silly but the more ways I can measure my success, the more motivated I am to stick with it. Looking in the mirror doesn't help a lot because I can't *see* the changes. I can tell because my pants are getting looser though. Lol

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #829
StayCool
Mouseketeer

And a PS. They changed the WW app and I don't like it. It is much more difficult to get to my usual foods and I have to scroll through a ton of stuff to find it. Boo.

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #830
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniefan
I just joined WW today!! I've never done this program before but I am excited to begin and move in the right direction. Glad to find this thread!!

Kim
Hello Kim Welcome to the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan
I did my post Disney weigh in today and it was a whole lot better than I thought it would be. I was hoping that it would be under 10 pounds. I also chose today to switch to long sleeves and jeans.

So after a week of Disney dining, and moving into jeans I was up 6.5 and I'm so glad it was under 10 pounds!
Yay Jess, glad to see it wasn't as bad as you thought. I will never weigh in in jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerFan3590
My WI went well, down 1.4..... I will take it! Congrats to everyone here-being here and on WW is a big accomplishment.
Great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles
I'm feeling really good about WW this time around. This will be the last time I join, I will make lifetime and I will succeed! I think I was finally mentally ready this time. No one is going to bring me down this time! Seeing my little stones move from the weight to be lost to the weight lost jar really helps!
That's how it was for me this last time, it finally clicked! You can and WILL do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02
Finally hit my 10% last night!!! Got my key chain and promptly put my gym membership tag on it! I have joined and quit WW MANY times but since they started celebrating losing 10% this is the first time I have actually done it. My next goal is to lose 10% of my new current weight!
Woot woot congratulations!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #831
sjms71
DIS Veteran

I have been sick for the last two days, fever of about 101.7. My body aches from head to toe. I don't think I've had a fever in 10 years. Hope it goes away soon. Since I was sick no official weigh in at my meeting but at home I'm down 3lbs.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #832
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
I have been sick for the last two days, fever of about 101.7. My body aches from head to toe. I don't think I've had a fever in 10 years. Hope it goes away soon. Since I was sick no official weigh in at my meeting but at home I'm down 3lbs.
Hope you're feeling better soon. I'd take that weight loss; congratulations!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #833
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Down 1.8 today for a total of 31.4! Feeling good about myself.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #834
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee
Congrats!!!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #835
robinb
DIS Veteran

I had a non scale victory tonight. My DD swims from 7-9:00ish almost every night and we leave home at about 6:40. It's hard enough for me to feed her before we leave (she's a vegetarian and often eats something different that what i eat) and I have been eating when I get back home at 8:30-9:45. I was planning to have pasta with a couple of meatballs but it occurred to me that pasta the night before a weigh in was stoopid. I was shopping at Costco so I pondered the limited restaurant menu and resisted the pizza and the hot dog and ordered the chicken caesar salad. I did eat about half the dressing but not all of it . Wish me luck tomorrow! I hope tonight's choice helps.
robinb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #836
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Isn't that a great feeling to finally have once again? Congrats on crossing that 30 lb mark.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #837
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I had a non scale victory tonight. My DD swims from 7-9:00ish almost every night and we leave home at about 6:40. It's hard enough for me to feed her before we leave (she's a vegetarian and often eats something different that what i eat) and I have been eating when I get back home at 8:30-9:45. I was planning to have pasta with a couple of meatballs but it occurred to me that pasta the night before a weigh in was stoopid. I was shopping at Costco so I pondered the limited restaurant menu and resisted the pizza and the hot dog and ordered the chicken caesar salad. I did eat about half the dressing but not all of it . Wish me luck tomorrow! I hope tonight's choice helps.
I was shocked when I discovered how many points was in a single hotdog (and I wasn't even looking at the roll and toppings). I hope the salad choice was a good one for you. Let us know how your WI goes today.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #838
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

Hope you're feeling better soon. I'd take that weight loss; congratulations!
Thanks Sandi, still not feeling the greatest was hoping I'd feel better by today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
Awesome robin, I have had the chicken Caesar at Costco too it's very good. Good luck at weigh in!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #839
robinb
DIS Veteran

I'm back from my WI. I went to the earlier one since my DD wanted to be at school early. I put on my lightest jeans to transition to fall and was happy to see a 3 lb weight loss! I tracked every single thing this week, including my 64 point Saturday (damn those Badger football games!). I earned 24 AP and was still over my limit by 28 points. I can now look back at that week and see where I went over (except for the Badger game and all that beer) and adjust this week for a better week of eating within my points.
robinb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #840
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
I'm back from my WI. I went to the earlier one since my DD wanted to be at school early. I put on my lightest jeans to transition to fall and was happy to see a 3 lb weight loss! I tracked every single thing this week, including my 64 point Saturday (damn those Badger football games!). I earned 24 AP and was still over my limit by 28 points. I can now look back at that week and see where I went over (except for the Badger game and all that beer) and adjust this week for a better week of eating within my points.
That's great robin, congrats!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: