Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #811
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Once again, I thank you Robin for starting the original thread.
And many thanks to Debbie and everyone else who kept it going and started thread #3 while I was practicing my best ostrich imitation.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #812
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

Me, too, Robin. Even when I do take some time off and slip a bit, I always feel good about coming back to this thread. It re-energizes me and no one judges. Everyone is supportive.

Once again, I thank you Robin for starting the original thread.
a huge DITTO from me on that one! Thanks robin and everyone else for this thread and support
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #813
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Ostrich imitation -- love it!

Had my WI last night. UP .4 lb. Well, I kind of expected it. If I had weighed in today it would have been much better -- scale here was down .6 from yesterday and I've been visiting the commode alot, kwim? My schedule was all out of whack for four days after being at the baby's birth all night Wednesday. My scale went up three pounds in two days. Spent the next four trying to get rid of them.

I did make a change last week that I decided just does not work for me. I thought it was time to start cutting back on eggs and pork for breakfast. This has been my breakfast for years -- eggs, bacon/sausage, and until WW took points away, 1/2 bagel or English muffin w/cream cheese. I've been down to just the eggs and meat now for several months. I decided that I could save a few points by eating WW bagels or English Muffin sandwiches instead. Well, yes I did save a few points. But that carb load w / little protein in the morning made be edgy and irritable and after I saw that I gained a little, I decided that morning carbs are just not for me. So this morning I went back to my good old bacon and eggs. It just feels right for me.

So, hoping for a better WI next Tuesday night. I would like to be down 57 lbs by my birthday (when I'll be 57) on Oct. 5. Not sure I can knock off 6 lbs by then, but at least I can try!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #814
Miniefan
DIS Veteran

I just joined WW today!! I've never done this program before but I am excited to begin and move in the right direction. Glad to find this thread!!

Kim
Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #815
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

I did my post Disney weigh in today and it was a whole lot better than I thought it would be. I was hoping that it would be under 10 pounds. I also chose today to switch to long sleeves and jeans.

So after a week of Disney dining, and moving into jeans I was up 6.5 and I'm so glad it was under 10 pounds!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #816
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniefan View Post
I just joined WW today!! I've never done this program before but I am excited to begin and move in the right direction. Glad to find this thread!!

Kim
Welcome Kim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
I did my post Disney weigh in today and it was a whole lot better than I thought it would be. I was hoping that it would be under 10 pounds. I also chose today to switch to long sleeves and jeans.

So after a week of Disney dining, and moving into jeans I was up 6.5 and I'm so glad it was under 10 pounds!
So it was really probably a gain of under 5 pounds. I'm not quite prepared to be wearing jeans for my WIs! That takes guts.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #817
TiggerFan3590
Mouseketeer

My WI went well, down 1.4..... I will take it! Congrats to everyone here-being here and on WW is a big accomplishment.
1995-CBR/Swan
2000-ASM
2006-DD High School Grad DS First Trip-CBR
2010-DS 8th Birthday BC-CL
2012-First Half Marathon-Tinker Bell DL

2014-Glass Slipper Challenge Completed!
2014-DDD-Earning my CTC
TiggerFan3590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #818
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I'm feeling really good about WW this time around. This will be the last time I join, I will make lifetime and I will succeed! I think I was finally mentally ready this time. No one is going to bring me down this time! Seeing my little stones move from the weight to be lost to the weight lost jar really helps!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #819
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Kim
Woohooo!

My own little opinion/advice tidbit is to start by eating your Weekly points! if you start while eating all points "coming to you" and you still lose, then you know that you can do it! Trust me, it's harder to add them in later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I'm not quite prepared to be wearing jeans for my WIs! That takes guts.
So true! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
I'm feeling really good about WW this time around. This will be the last time I join, I will make lifetime and I will succeed! I think I was finally mentally ready this time. No one is going to bring me down this time! Seeing my little stones move from the weight to be lost to the weight lost jar really helps!
Woo!

Today I put together all my colorful paperclips that our leader lets us take (one for each pound you lose) and wrapped them around my rear view mirror. I can see it but it doesn't hang down or swing or anything. Got the idea from someone else at the Y; DS looked at the car next to us the other week and said "hey, they go to Weight Watchers!" I figured I'd do the same. I don't have a lot of temptations that bug me (see the "eat all points coming to me" mention above...it keeps the desperate need for extremely naughty things at bay!), but when I do have them, it's when I'm out and about. So that paperclip chain might help me in the future.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 09-19-2012 at 10:05 PM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #820
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Finally hit my 10% last night!!! Got my key chain and promptly put my gym membership tag on it! I have joined and quit WW MANY times but since they started celebrating losing 10% this is the first time I have actually done it. My next goal is to lose 10% of my new current weight!

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #821
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02
Finally hit my 10% last night!!! Got my key chain and promptly put my gym membership tag on it! I have joined and quit WW MANY times but since they started celebrating losing 10% this is the first time I have actually done it. My next goal is to lose 10% of my new current weight!
Congrats!!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #822
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Today, for the first time in many years, I weighed LESS than my husband! AND I was below 200!

We both weigh ourselves first thing in the morning. I was actually down 1.6 from Tuesday a.m. (I go to WW in the evening on Tuesdays), so I think I can expect a loss next week.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #823
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie
Today, for the first time in many years, I weighed LESS than my husband! AND I was below 200!

We both weigh ourselves first thing in the morning. I was actually down 1.6 from Tuesday a.m. (I go to WW in the evening on Tuesdays), so I think I can expect a loss next week.
Yay!!! I can't wait until I can say the same thing. I am currently only 2 pounds more than him and he's stalled on the weight loss right now. With any luck I will beat him next week! Lol although he can drop 5 pounds at a time without much effort at all....

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #824
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

)

I'm looking forward to that milestone as well, but its 30 lbs away! I will get there!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #825
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
So, hoping for a better WI next Tuesday night. I would like to be down 57 lbs by my birthday (when I'll be 57) on Oct. 5. Not sure I can knock off 6 lbs by then, but at least I can try!
That would be awesome if you could make it, but even if you don't make it exactly on the 6th, you will be sure to make it in your birthday MONTH .

Quote:
Welcome Kim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
That's not bad at all, especially since you changed to jeans. I dread the weather change and the additional weight of the warmer clothes. I think I might go ahead and bite the bullet this week too as I know I am already down a bit and I don't mind losing less than a pound as long as it's a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerFan3590 View Post
My WI went well, down 1.4..... I will take it! Congrats to everyone here-being here and on WW is a big accomplishment.
1.4 is great! I am a really slow loser and I would be thrilled with a 1.4 lb loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Today I put together all my colorful paperclips that our leader lets us take (one for each pound you lose) and wrapped them around my rear view mirror.
I *love* the paperclip idea! I think I will start on one myself. Do you do anything special for your 5-lbs clips? Maybe a different color?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
Finally hit my 10% last night!!!
Awesome! Congratulations .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

Welcome to Onederland! Whoo hoo!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: