facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #796
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Vent

Grrr.....

Just need to vent. So I pack and track my breakfast (oatmeal), lunch (chicken sandwich with tomatoes) and snacks. I get to work and see that I have lunch out scheduled with two people from my office.

Sandwich will be soggy by tomorrow, so I forego the oatmeal (it's dry in a homemade packet) and eat the sandwich and cheddar mini rice cakes for breakfast -- more points than I want to eat for b'fast, but I figure I'll do soup/salad for lunch.

Now I'm feeling overfull (guess it's great that I noticed), and I just get a call that they've changed lunch to a "brown bag" so that we can watch a webinar together.

Bleh. I've got Ramen noodle cups here for emergencies, but I'm just irritated.

Okay. Thanks for letting me vent.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #797
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Yes! What you said. I think people who are struggling are eating too much fruit. You do have to be careful of that!

It's weigh-in day! 1.4 pounds this week, 75.8 overall!
I find myself looking forward to your post each week. Another good week!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #798
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
I did it! I started tracking again.
You deserve a Bravo sticker.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #799
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I had my WI today and I lost 3.6! That's more than I lost my first week! I got my first 5 lbs star today, 7.6 lbs for my first month! I'm so shocked because I had salad works one day and it was not a WW friendly salad! Maybe I needed the extra points? Who knows but I'm happy!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #800
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
I had my WI today and I lost 3.6! That's more than I lost my first week! I got my first 5 lbs star today, 7.6 lbs for my first month! I'm so shocked because I had salad works one day and it was not a WW friendly salad! Maybe I needed the extra points? Who knows but I'm happy!
Congratulations!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #801
StayCool
Mouseketeer

WI today and was down 3.2 for a total of 24! I'm only 1.3 from my 10%. I lost another daily point today too.

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #802
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool
WI today and was down 3.2 for a total of 24! I'm only 1.3 from my 10%. I lost another daily point today too.
Congrats!

I lost a point too, it is funny, I'm glad and disappointed at the same time lol!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #803
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

I had my WI yesterday, I am down 1.6. I was really worried as we worked a festival all weekend long. Hopefully next week I will hit my 5% goal.

Speaking of goal, did everyone set their goal weight with their leader or on their own? How does that work?
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #804
StayCool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congrats!

I lost a point too, it is funny, I'm glad and disappointed at the same time lol!
I know! I bounce between struggling to eat all my points and going over them. So losing a point is a blessing and a curse. When people tell me they only have 26 points I cringe! I currently have 34 points. That is a big difference. Especially on those nights that I *need* a big glass of wine!

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #805
ilovevacation
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone. I had my second wi today and i am down 4.8 total for a goal of ten, but to be honest 20 would be amazing. I like reading here, it gives me great ideas and inspiration. This is my first formal diet and i will admit i don't have lots to loose, it's still rough.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #806
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles
Quote:
Way to go on both your weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmomma
I had my WI yesterday, I am down 1.6. I was really worried as we worked a festival all weekend long. Hopefully next week I will hit my 5% goal.

Speaking of goal, did everyone set their goal weight with their leader or on their own? How does that work?
Congrats on your 1.6 loss this week. I had a lot to lose, 70+ pounds. I knew what I wanted my goal weight to be but, personally didn't want to write down that goal number until I was at the 10 lbs left to lose mark. So I did it towards the end. No one at my meetings put a timeline on it. Just when I was ready I went to my leader. Now to get lifetime with WW you have to be within "their" weight range, unless you get a doctors note stating different.

Quote:

I know! I bounce between struggling to eat all my points and going over them. So losing a point is a blessing and a curse. When people tell me they only have 26 points I cringe! I currently have 34 points. That is a big difference. Especially on those nights that I *need* a big glass of wine!
I have been eating 26 points and it's not easy. On the weekend I dip into my weeklies but usually I don't eat them all. When I get back to goal I'll go back up to about 30-32.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovevacation
Hi everyone. I had my second wi today and i am down 4.8 total for a goal of ten, but to be honest 20 would be amazing. I like reading here, it gives me great ideas and inspiration. This is my first formal diet and i will admit i don't have lots to loose, it's still rough.
WOW! That's a great week.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #807
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Holy cow. I just paid my money & registered for the Disney Princess 1/2. It's official. And officially SCARY. BUT, it's super exciting to have another long term goal out there that will help me achieve the initial one of getting to my goal weight. I hope NJ has another mild winter... otherwise my butt will be out there running in the FREEZING cold. No matter what I WILL be out there.

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #808
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Holy cow. I just paid my money & registered for the Disney Princess 1/2. It's official. And officially SCARY. BUT, it's super exciting to have another long term goal out there that will help me achieve the initial one of getting to my goal weight. I hope NJ has another mild winter... otherwise my butt will be out there running in the FREEZING cold. No matter what I WILL be out there.
I agree about the winter! I am planning on doing the Wine and Dine 1/2 and I need every day that I can get! No snow or ice this winter for NJ!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #809
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
Grrr.....

Okay. Thanks for letting me vent.
I would be ticked off too!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmomma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovevacation View Post
Congratulations all your LOSERS! Ilovevacation, that is exactly why I started the first thread ... to inspire and support one another . I do notice a difference when I participate on the thread and when I pull the covers over my head and ignore it.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #810
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Ilovevacation, that is exactly why I started the first thread ... to inspire and support one another . I do notice a difference when I participate on the thread and when I pull the covers over my head and ignore it.
Me, too, Robin. Even when I do take some time off and slip a bit, I always feel good about coming back to this thread. It re-energizes me and no one judges. Everyone is supportive.

Once again, I thank you Robin for starting the original thread.

Need to plan a trip!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: