facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #676
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71

You ROCK! that is awesome!

Ok I know pictures inspire me is anyone willing to post some before and during pics?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks! I will post some when I get home.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #677
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8

Thanks! I will post some when I get home.
Yay! Anyone else feel inspired to post your great successes we would love to see them .
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #678
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
Good for you Brooke. How long does 11 miles take? I am by no means an expert at this, but as a lifetimer I still struggle everyday. The important part is no matter how much we slide or get off track we still stick with it and don't give up!
Hello. I'm pretty slow, so my 11 miles on Saturday took 3 hours and 20 minutes. It's about 4 minutes per mile slower than where I want to be...BUT it's about 3 minutes per mile faster than I was averaging back when I started walking consistently and three miles was really hard to finish...so I'll take it as a win!

WI yesterday, was down 2.2 and hit my 10% yay. SO FAR to go though...really going to try and focus back on basics this week...tracking everything and following the guidelines...I got kinda sloppy the last couple of weeks...and I think I'm a little off track. (That 2.2 was for 2 weeks as I didn't go to meeting last weekend we were out of town...).

Great job everyone!

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #679
kathie859
DIS Veteran

I am down 1 lb. in spite of some serious deviation from the program

I keep just thinking that I've lost 11.6 lbs. since beginning 7/9--so I'm making progress--it's just slow progress. The meeting was a good one with lots of discussion and I left feeling completely committed to adhering to WW. The meeting theme was Transform Your Habits so I've picked one of mine (I have several to choose from ---lucky me) which is my unhealthy eating in the evening and work on it.

Thanks to all who post their losses and gains. I seem to learn something from this thread every week.
kathie859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #680
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

Hello, I am an "old" Weight Watcher who is back on plan. I restarted on the plan August 3 and am dealing with a slower rate of weight loss....assuming it has something to do with turning 50?? (Grr)

I lost 4.2 pounds over my first 4 weeks (including one staying the same week) and then almost doubled my weight loss with 4 pounds down at my last weigh in.

On the plus side, I am eating alot better and tracking well. I'm hoping I had a slow start but that things will continue to move along.

Julia
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #681
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Here are my before and "progress" pictures. I'm not quite an after yet, but I'm getting there!

September 2011 - I started WW in February, but I didn't take any before pictures. This is pretty much what I looked like though!

September 2012

Last edited by keahgirl8; 09-10-2012 at 10:51 PM.
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #682
lisajl
This is our dog Chloe!
I am not sure I want drool all over the keyboard!
A very merry unbirthday to us all!!!

Well, I have not been to WW for 3 weeks. Last week it was closed due to Labor Day and the week before I missed it due to a phone call from an old friend.
So, this was essentially week 3 for me and ..... I MAINTAINED!
I can't believe it! I thought I had gained. The good news is that I have a new goal and I know I can do this.

I will be going to a different meeting due to my changing work schedule, so maybe that will help too.

Get some new ideas, new people...I think it will be good.
I am looking forward to the day I won't go to meetings and can do this online.
But, for now, I need the support of real people.

Lisa
Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #683
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia M View Post
Hello, I am an "old" Weight Watcher who is back on plan. I restarted on the plan August 3 and am dealing with a slower rate of weight loss....assuming it has something to do with turning 50?? (Grr)

I lost 4.2 pounds over my first 4 weeks (including one staying the same week) and then almost doubled my weight loss with 4 pounds down at my last weigh in.
Now, wait a minute... 5 weeks and 8.2 pounds down? That isn't slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronalee View Post
Had my WI today... Initially thought I was up 10 pounds, which I couldn't figure out how... I knew I wasn't the greatest following program... Then my darling husband took his foot of the scale and I was only up .6

He got a few laughs from the line, as I smacked his arm... Next week he will not be allowed near me during the WI, even if he does pay :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmomma View Post
I am trying to track everything, but the online tracker does not have Arby's and neither of the WW products (a meal and a snack) I consumed today. I also cannot find the scanner to scan the codes on the foods. I am excited about this adventure, but frustrated already! Can anyone help?
I see Arby's in the tracker; are you using the full website, or the mobile one? The mobile doesn't have everything (or maybe it's the app that DH uses that doesn't have everything?), but when I use my computer and go to the main site with the main tracker, there's a long list I'm seeing right now of foods from Arby's.

Just use nutrition info for the WW things. The scanner isn't always accurate, or so I've heard, and the NI is always going to give you the right info, well, as long as you are careful to enter fiber and protein at the right times (the app does it backwards!).

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #684
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Here are my before and "progress" pictures. I'm not quite an after yet, but I'm getting there!

September 2011 - I started WW in February, but I didn't take any before pictures. This is pretty much what I looked like though!

September 2012
You look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing these!!

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #685
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia M View Post

On the plus side, I am eating alot better and tracking well. I'm hoping I had a slow start but that things will continue to move along.

Julia
Welcome Good luck Julia

Quote:

September 2012
awesome! You look great, thanks for posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajl View Post
Well, I have not been to WW for 3 weeks. Last week it was closed due to Labor Day and the week before I missed it due to a phone call from an old friend.
So, this was essentially week 3 for me and ..... I MAINTAINED!
I can't believe it! I thought I had gained. The good news is that I have a new goal and I know I can do this.

I will be going to a different meeting due to my changing work schedule, so maybe that will help too.

Get some new ideas, new people...I think it will be good.
I am looking forward to the day I won't go to meetings and can do this online.
But, for now, I need the support of real people.

Lisa
Let us know how the new meeting goes. I personally can't do this without my meetings. The first year of lifetime has been a struggle for me and my meetings and this board have been key to my success. I slacked off this summer with checking in here and going to meetings and well now I'm up in weight a little. So back to what I know works! Good luck to you Lisa .
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #686
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

September 2012
WOW!! Good for you! You look wonderful!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #687
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:

September 2012
AWESOME! You look great.

WI for me today. Down 1.2 for a total of 20.8! I'm super excited to have made it past 20 pounds. Every other time I've tried to lose weight I've stopped at about 10 and just gave up. Not this time!

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #688
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:

September 2012
Wow! You look amazing! I am hoping to look as good as you do!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #689
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:

September 2012
Wow! AMAZING! Congrats.

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #690
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

I am leaving for Orlando on Thursday, we are sailing the Fantasy on Saturday. My weigh-in day is Wednesday, but I decided to weigh myself this morning because I don't know if I will think about it tomorrow or if I will have time too. I lost my gain of 3.2 pounds from last week plus 1.2 pounds this week bringing this weight loss to 18 pounds in total. I am really happy about that.

Since I am leaving on vacation, I do think I will gain some back, but I also plan on working out almost daily on the Fantasy so that I can still indulge in all the wonderful food!

Keep up the great work everyone and congrats to everyone who lost this week!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: