Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #601
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Okay, have not been sticking to the plan AT ALL, but I have been continuing to work out. I woke up and REALLY didn't want to this morning, so I put it off (which i knew i shouldn't do). Anyway, I'm glad because i did end up working out today (even if it was this evening!) So, I guess I'm not totally gone. I just need to get back on track!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #602
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

Hello all! I didnít realize the Dis had a WW thread until now! Iím pretty excited. MY DH and I joined WW at the end of July Ė weíre in week 6 now. As of my Sunday weigh in, Iím down 13.6 pounds and have hit my 5% mark. I still have quite a bit more to go, but it feels good to be doing well so far. Hopefully I can keep it up
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #603
jessc79
Mouseketeer

Up .8 this week. Ugh.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #604
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy
Okay, have not been sticking to the plan AT ALL, but I have been continuing to work out. I woke up and REALLY didn't want to this morning, so I put it off (which i knew i shouldn't do). Anyway, I'm glad because i did end up working out today (even if it was this evening!) So, I guess I'm not totally gone. I just need to get back on track!
I'll get back on track if you will. Consider this a challenge.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #605
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Funny I had to smile today at the number of people changing shoes and stripping off cardigans etc (one lady took off her watch) before the weigh-in
I take off my glasses. Once I got off the scale and realized I'd left my rings, or a barrette, on, laughed about it, and the receptionist asked if I wanted to take it off and re-weigh. I didn't, but it was really nice of her to offer!

I have a WI outfit, though it had to change when the shorts I started in were absolutely falling off of me. New shorts = lighter shorts! Not sure what I'll do as the weather gets colder, but hey, those clothes will be smaller and therefore lighter, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajl View Post
We did not have a meeting tonight and I missed last weeks due to a phone call from an old friend.
Can you go to a meeting later in the week? You will still have Wed through Saturday to hit a meeting for this week!

Last week I was up .2- thanks TOM! Then we went on a mini vacation, where I pretty much left tracking behind. Said "I'm not adding it up, but I'll write it down" then didn't write it down. Well, today I realized how silly that was (I'll do that at Disney, where I'm walking 10 hours a day, but not elsewhere) and started entering it...omg. I don't even think I've remembered everything, and I'm 17 points in the red. And I don't think I'll be making that up in APs, either, not in just 3 days before WI (unless I want to work out before WI on Sat?).

But we'll see what happens! I do normally eat all points coming to me, but I spread it out...so I'm not looking forward to the "deprivation" of just 26 points. I would have been only 14 points in the hole, but I felt the need to have 2 milano cookies while adding it all up, LOL.

Editing to add: the person that inspired me to actually track was DH. He tracked a 100 point day over the weekend. Now, he gets 68 points per day, so it's not as bad for him as if I tracked a 100 point day, but still, wow! He has had way bigger emotional eating issues in his life than I ever had, with the smallest-seeming things causing backslides, so for him to track that day was very inspiring. Probably should tell him that, eh?

On the other hand, I had 12" lopped off my hair over the weekend, so I've got that on my side! Now I just have to send in the ponytail to donate.

I'm repeating Week 8 of my C25K program. Last week I did 2 out of 3 days on actual ground, not the treadmill, and it was soooo hard. This week I'm back on the treadmill. I plan to repeat the program a couple times, doing it differently, so I'll ultimately get used to running on the ground (and for distance, not time like I'm doing it now), but not now. Treadmill is good.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #606
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

I weigh in tonight- hoping to make my 10% but I'm not sure I'll do it!

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #607
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I did it! I hit the big 50 tonight! Actually, 50.4. Which is also 20% for me (even if WW doesn't celebrate past 10%, I do).

(Isn't it appropriate that they are dancing bananas and not dancing cupcakes or ice cream cones?)

My next goal is for my age and weight to match.

I was thinking about what changes I have seen in myself physically since joining WW and thought I'd list a few to encourage others.
* I haven't had to eat a Tums since the day I started following the plan.
* My uvula (you know -- the thing that hangs down in the back of your mouth?) no longer falls back in my throat and chokes me (the dental hygienist will be pleased).
* My bp is lower (can't wait to see my doctor in two weeks, usually I dread the appointment).

I'm a happy gal today! [Don't tell my dh, but last night I planted the thought in his head that to celebrate my weight loss, dd (who is now down 54) and I should go for a short trip to WDW. It would be a great 30th birthday gift for her in early December, don't you think? ]

Last edited by pwdebbie; 09-05-2012 at 01:01 PM.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #608
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I did it! I hit the big 50 tonight! Actually, 50.4. Which is also 20% for me (even if WW doesn't celebrate past 10%, I do).
Congratulations! That is awesome! You are at where I want to be by January. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #609
StayCool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome!!

I'm dragging today. I've been faithful to my 30 Day Shred for the last couple of weeks but today it was torture. I didn't sleep long enough last night so maybe that is my problem. I measured my waist yesterday to see if there was a change. I've lost 2 inches off my waist in 6-8 weeks! That was enough for me to turn the DVD on this morning! lol

Sent the kids off to school this morning and it's back to college for me tonight. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to sit from 1:30 - 8 pm! I'm sure I will be checking in from my phone just so I can stay awake!

StayCool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #610
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Congrats!!!!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #611
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

It's weigh-in day! And not a good one.

I'm up 3.2 pounds!!

But, that was to be expected. I was on a mini-vacation for 4 days, came back Sunday night and got back on plan on Monday. We drank, ate wedding cake, cupcakes and had fun, but now I feel bloated and the gain was what I tought it would be. I'm sure I didn't actualy gain 3.2 pounds over the weekend, I'm pretty sure most of this is water because I feel really bloated.

Well, I'm back on plan and leaving on the Fantasy next Friday, so I'll try to at least lose this gain. I do plan on working out during my cruise also to help with all the fabulous food we will be eating.

Have a good week everybody!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

Old 09-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #612
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
That's the perk of being an online member...naked weigh-ins!
Yup! I'm with you on this too!

Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #613
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

Tonight is my first meeting. I am nervous but excited! What can I expect? Should I go early? Will I stay after for a newbie talk?
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #614
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmomma View Post
Tonight is my first meeting. I am nervous but excited! What can I expect? Should I go early? Will I stay after for a newbie talk?
If your meeting starts at say, 6:00, get there about 5:30. WI, fill out forms if you didn't do it online, get your packet of materials.

Yes, you will be encouraged to stay for a 20-minute presentation afterward. There are three and they rotate, so you will want to stay after for this week and the following two. And if you want to take them again, you are welcome to stay for them any time you want. I'm thinking about sitting through them again because I'm in a different meeting now and I really like how this leader does things. Plus, I was a little overwhelmed in the beginning AND I didn't want to be there, so I don't think I gleaned as much from them as I should have.

The first meetings I attended was pretty low-key and quiet and people pretty much kept to themselves. And there was a person attending that I had previous bad experiences with who tended to try to dominate the meetings. I was glad when dd told me that she was going to have to switch meetings because of her son's soccer schedule. The lady who leads the meetings I go to now is lively, enthusiastic, fun, and just little bit nutty. The attitude of the leader can do a lot to impact the flavor of the meeting.

You can expect a short discussion time followed by some interaction and then the celebrations. I thought the celebration part was corny but now I really look forward to it. And then our meeting ends with a challenge for the following week (also found in the weekly) and an invitation for newcomers to stay for introductory chat. I think it is called Power Points or something along that line.

Enjoy yourself!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #615
Madame Bonfamille
I'm just too excited to sleep!

Hi! Got room for one more? I started WW in August - went to 3 meetings then missed the next 4 due to family crisis. Now I am ready to start back! My weigh in is Thursday night, kinda holding my breath I have been good and I have been on the TM every night for a week so hopefully I won't be too disappointed. I have 80 pounds to drop and a closet full of clothes waiting on me when I!

I look forward to following everyone's progress...it is sooooo encouraging!
Madame Bonfamille is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: