Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #46
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
Great news about your daughter. Sorry you had to go through that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
That's wonderful! Now you can get back on track and do the WW thing for you. Good luck.
Thanks!
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #47
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran
 
keahgirl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71

YES YOU CAN DO IT! I use to hate when people said, if I can do it anyone can. Because like you I gained and loss many times too usually adding more weight with each gain. For some reason this time it did stick for me. Lifetime still is a struggle, I'm not going to lie, but........if I could do it anyone can!!!!!
I know what you mean. I used to think, "But you don't understand! It is easier for you!" Believe me, it is not easy for me. I am not one of those people who loses weight easily!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #48
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I saw the specialist with DD yesterday and was given great news. After that I haven't been eating like a slob anymore. It's crazy the way stress affects emotional eating. I feel much better and am definitely going to stick to the program again.
So glad to hear this. I'm glad to hear the determination in your post to stick with the program.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #49
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
So glad to hear this. I'm glad to hear the determination in your post to stick with the program.
Thank you. It helps to have other who understand where you are in your efforts. I had my Greek yogurt for breakfast this morning and will have a can of tuna for lunch. I need to really save my WP for something good because I am leaving for the shore today.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #50
Aburns8
DIS Veteran
 
Aburns8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, VA (used to be MI)
Posts: 1,333

I finally ventured off the trip report board and decided to check out W.I.S.H. I have been following Weight Watchers since 1999. I lost 60 pounds back then. But then in 2003, after meeting DH, I gained it all back. I have struggled for years (well since 2004) to loose the weight again. I joined back up in June with the birth of DS (2 months). I have a lot of motivation now since I want to be healthy for my baby boy! And I as much as I love DH, he isn't the most supportive person. He doesn't even ask me (he says he forgets) how my meetings go. So far I have lost 7 pounds in a month. I want to lose about 80. And my other goal is to be Lifetime! I am tired of paying
__________________
Andrea Brian DS (1) Louie Lucky Leo
Aburns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #51
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
I finally ventured off the trip report board and decided to check out W.I.S.H. I have been following Weight Watchers since 1999. I lost 60 pounds back then. But then in 2003, after meeting DH, I gained it all back. I have struggled for years (well since 2004) to loose the weight again. I joined back up in June with the birth of DS (2 months). I have a lot of motivation now since I want to be healthy for my baby boy! And I as much as I love DH, he isn't the most supportive person. He doesn't even ask me (he says he forgets) how my meetings go. So far I have lost 7 pounds in a month. I want to lose about 80. And my other goal is to be Lifetime! I am tired of paying
Do this for yourself and don't worry about your DH. It may be that he doesn't ask about your meetings because he doesn't want to pry or make you feel bad if things don't go like you'd like or expect. My DH knows I go to meetings on Wednesdays, but he waits for me to bring it up. Sometimes I have a week where I gain and I know, intellectually, why, but I don't really want to talk with him about it (he is one of those guys who, when he gets ten pounds above where he wants to be, he'll lose it in a month and be fine for a year). So, your DH may be more supportive than you think. Also, sometimes you have to tell your DH to be supportive!

Congrats on your baby boy!
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #52
Aburns8
DIS Veteran
 
Aburns8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, VA (used to be MI)
Posts: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Do this for yourself and don't worry about your DH. It may be that he doesn't ask about your meetings because he doesn't want to pry or make you feel bad if things don't go like you'd like or expect. My DH knows I go to meetings on Wednesdays, but he waits for me to bring it up. Sometimes I have a week where I gain and I know, intellectually, why, but I don't really want to talk with him about it (he is one of those guys who, when he gets ten pounds above where he wants to be, he'll lose it in a month and be fine for a year). So, your DH may be more supportive than you think. Also, sometimes you have to tell your DH to be supportive!

Congrats on your baby boy!
Thanks Sandi! I see that you are from the mitten. We are hoping to move back there. DH has a phone interview tomorrow. So fingers crossed we will be back up there in no time!
__________________
Andrea Brian DS (1) Louie Lucky Leo
Aburns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #53
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I saw the specialist with DD yesterday and was given great news. After that I haven't been eating like a slob anymore. It's crazy the way stress affects emotional eating. I feel much better and am definitely going to stick to the program again.
I'm so glad you got good news!! I'm right with you with the emotional eating habits...when the colorado fires started, and seeing so many friends and family members effected, it tore me up, and I started eating Off Plan. I'm on leave this week, and my scale is at work. I'm trying to stay on plan now, but guess I'll just take my knocks when I step on that scale Monday.
__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #54
jessc79
Mouseketeer
 
jessc79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 182

Down .2 today
__________________
jessc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #55
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessc79 View Post
Down .2 today
__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #56
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I'm so glad you got good news!! I'm right with you with the emotional eating habits...when the colorado fires started, and seeing so many friends and family members effected, it tore me up, and I started eating Off Plan. I'm on leave this week, and my scale is at work. I'm trying to stay on plan now, but guess I'll just take my knocks when I step on that scale Monday.
I was up 3.6 today. I definitely need to do better. I am down the shore now so I can get in some walking. I don't like to walk in my neighborhood because I got hit by a car behind my house 3 years ago. I have anxiety about walking now.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #57
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,051

I had a great WI! After being up 1.8 lbs from Thursday a.m. to Sunday a.m. after spending three days in WV I was just going to be happy to break even at WW last night. Instead, I'm down another 2.2! Another .8 and I'll be at 15% off. I don't know if WW notes that, but I'm keeping track of those 5% milestones.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #58
sjms71
DIS Veteran
 
sjms71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NC- Native Jersey Girl!
Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessc79
Down .2 today
That's a stick of butter! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247

I was up 3.6 today. I definitely need to do better. I am down the shore now so I can get in some walking. I don't like to walk in my neighborhood because I got hit by a car behind my house 3 years ago. I have anxiety about walking now.
Sorry to hear about your accident years ago. Don't get discouraged there are lots of reasons you can be up. Refocus and I'm sure you will have a better week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie
I had a great WI! After being up 1.8 lbs from Thursday a.m. to Sunday a.m. after spending three days in WV I was just going to be happy to break even at WW last night. Instead, I'm down another 2.2! Another .8 and I'll be at 15% off. I don't know if WW notes that, but I'm keeping track of those 5% milestones.
Yippee! Great Job, 5%'s are great mini goals to set for yourself.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
(me)StephanieDH, :DD14,DS12
sjms71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #59
Aburns8
DIS Veteran
 
Aburns8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, VA (used to be MI)
Posts: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I was up 3.6 today. I definitely need to do better. I am down the shore now so I can get in some walking. I don't like to walk in my neighborhood because I got hit by a car behind my house 3 years ago. I have anxiety about walking now.
Sorry about your gain. That is so frustrating. I don't blame you for having anxiety about walking in your neighborhood. It has been so hot that I have walking in the mall. Just keep going!
__________________
Andrea Brian DS (1) Louie Lucky Leo
Aburns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #60
Auntie L.
Mouseketeer
 
Auntie L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts - 1295 miles from the Magic!!
Posts: 292

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!
I'm feeling a little nostalgic today - a few years ago I was lucky enough to be ar WDW on the 4th - amazing!!!

I've been away from this board for a week - I'm loving reading the posts on the new thread - particularly the challenges about WI when you think you've gained. I've been there in the past and I have to admit, I've usually skipped the meeting - not good!! I'm determined not to do that this time. You guys have inspired me!!

I was down 1.2 last week - just 1.5 to go before I'm under 200. WI is tomorrow, so I'm hoping... Pretty good week so far..

Well, I'm off for a walk. Have a great holiday guys!!

Linda
__________________
1964 World's Fair (saw the original SW, H of P & C of P!!) , Jan. 2006 - Dolphin Resort, Feb. 2007 - Pop Century & Wilderness Lodge, Oct. 2007 - Port Orleans FQ, June 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Aug. 2008 - Old Key West, July 2009 - All Star Music, Nov./Dec. 2009 - Kidani Village for MVMCP, August 2010 - All Star Movies, May/June 2011 Boardwalk
Auntie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: