Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #451
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Hi, Everyone!!! WOW - what a fantastic group!!!

I'm starting back at WW this week. Started and stopped once before doing the online tools only. Don't think I had the determination it took plus the online boards just were not that supportive. Leave it to the great (No OUTSTANDING) Disers to have such a support thread!! Looking forward to this journey with all of you.

My starting weight is 192. My "weigh in" is on Fridays and looks like I'll have a 2 pound loss but I'll let you know tomorrow am. My goal is to get back to 140 - this was the weight I was before DH and I started dating 20 years ago!!! lol

Our next disney trip will be in March 2013 for a work meeting and a few days of vacation. Then back, hopefully, in Dec for Christmas. I really want to look great for the March trip - no more pics I feel embarassed by.

Everyone have a great day!!
I know what you mean about the pics. I keep thinking how much better I'll look in our pics next April.

I have desperately searched for a full body pic of myself for the contest that WW is running and the only one I can find was taken at Disney. Thing is, you can't have anything in the pic that identifies a brand, so I have to get the castle out of the background. I wish I knew how. I've tried a few online editing tools and it isn't going well. Like my dd said, "We spent so many years hiding from the camera, always having a kid or something else in front of us, that we don't have any full body 'before' photos." (Her "after" photo is gorgeous though.)
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #452
abish19
Mouseketeer

WDWRids - I also started at exactly 192, and have lost about 5 lbs in 3 weeks. But other than my 5% goal, I haven't set a final goal. I don't have a "before" image, as I've always been heavier than I would have liked. But the lowest I remember being is 155, so I'm going with that.

Honestly, I'm scared to set a goal for anything less, because a) it doesn't seem possible, and b) I don't want to fail.
abish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #453
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
Good for you for making the decision! You and I are within 10 lbs of our starting weight and goal. I'm 6 weeks in and have lost 10.6 lbs. I am coming off a vacation (gained only .2 lb.) and am having a little trouble getting back in the saddle--BUT today is the day. I've planned my meals and am determined to get back on track. My weigh in is next Monday so I have a few days to get myself psyched up. Good luck!
We can do this!!! Great job only gaining .2 lb while on vacation!! Impressive!!! I'll be behind ya in pounds lost but we can support one another! Thanks for the encouragement!
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #454
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I know what you mean about the pics. I keep thinking how much better I'll look in our pics next April.

I have desperately searched for a full body pic of myself for the contest that WW is running and the only one I can find was taken at Disney. Thing is, you can't have anything in the pic that identifies a brand, so I have to get the castle out of the background. I wish I knew how. I've tried a few online editing tools and it isn't going well. Like my dd said, "We spent so many years hiding from the camera, always having a kid or something else in front of us, that we don't have any full body 'before' photos." (Her "after" photo is gorgeous though.)
So true - I have very, very few pics of me. I'm usually the one taking as I hate to be in them!!! BUT NO MORE!!! Can photobucket or flickr edit out the castle?

Congrats to your DD!!! How much to she drop? Through WW?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #455
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abish19 View Post
WDWRids - I also started at exactly 192, and have lost about 5 lbs in 3 weeks. But other than my 5% goal, I haven't set a final goal. I don't have a "before" image, as I've always been heavier than I would have liked. But the lowest I remember being is 155, so I'm going with that.

Honestly, I'm scared to set a goal for anything less, because a) it doesn't seem possible, and b) I don't want to fail.
So agree!!! I'm going to try not to focus on the big goal but try to focus on one to two pounds each week and take it week by week. 5 lbs in 3 weeks is great - congrats to you!!! Other than recording everything you eat - what has been the key change for you?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #456
wvjules
DIS Veteran

So after 16 days in Britain and Ireland my post-vacation weigh-in was today.

While gone I didn't pay any mind to what I ate. All of our package inclusive dinners included alcoholic drinks, appetizer (didn't see ONE salad while I was there) and dessert. Plus DBF and I got homemade ice cream just about everywhere we went, we ate McDonald's and BK for lunches and I couldn't pass a starbucks without getting a Mocha Light (weird because I can't remember the last time I had one at home).

So I was basically expecting a 2 or 3lb gain at minmum. I only had a 1.6lb gain. I'll take it! Hopefully by next week that will be gone and I'll be back to where I was before vacation. I feel fortunate to have only gained that little amount considering all of the junk I ate.

I tell ya though, it feels good to be back in a routine again!
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #457
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
So true - I have very, very few pics of me. I'm usually the one taking as I hate to be in them!!! BUT NO MORE!!! Can photobucket or flickr edit out the castle?

Congrats to your DD!!! How much to she drop? Through WW?
I'm using photobucket and my pic just looks so sloppy. I keep tweaking it.

Dd1 (online) has lost 44.6 (but only 10 on WW; she started Medifast in Jan. and lost 40, then regained 5, then joined WW online in June)
Dd2 (attends meetings) has lost 50.4.
I've lost 47.6.

We are quickly approaching 150 cumulative pounds off!
(And dh has lost about 20 since I joined, partly because I cook differently and partly because he is trying to supportive. But mostly because he is a man and can eat huge bowls of ice cream and potato chips and weigh less the next morning.)
Old 08-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #458
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post

While gone I didn't pay any mind to what I ate. All of our package inclusive dinners included alcoholic drinks, appetizer (didn't see ONE salad while I was there) and dessert. Plus DBF and I got homemade ice cream just about everywhere we went, we ate McDonald's and BK for lunches and I couldn't pass a starbucks without getting a Mocha Light (weird because I can't remember the last time I had one at home).

So I was basically expecting a 2 or 3lb gain at minmum. I only had a 1.6lb gain. I'll take it! Hopefully by next week that will be gone and I'll be back to where I was before vacation. I feel fortunate to have only gained that little amount considering all of the junk I ate.

You probably did a lot of walking and that helped to offset the extra food. I bet you will have that 1.6 off by next week. And yeah, you are right, getting back to the right food does feel good. Just two days at the beach and I was really tired of the stuff I was eating.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #459
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post

Awesome! I am hoping for not much of a gain when we go on our cruise in December. I am actually going to use the gym onboard. Well, I kinda have to since the 1/2 marathon is a month after the cruise.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #460
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Last week I was .2 away from my 10%. Well at weigh in tonight, I was down 2.4, so I made my 10% loss!!!!

I am so glad I joined WW. I joined at the beginning of the summer after seeing one particular photo of myself dancing at an outdoor festival. I should probably put on the same outfit and have DH take another picture so I can track the changes. If I hadn't joined, I would most likely not have lost this weight, and would be in the same position I was in a few months ago.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #461
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Last week I was .2 away from my 10%. Well at weigh in tonight, I was down 2.4, so I made my 10% loss!!!!

I am so glad I joined WW. I joined at the beginning of the summer after seeing one particular photo of myself dancing at an outdoor festival. I should probably put on the same outfit and have DH take another picture so I can track the changes. If I hadn't joined, I would most likely not have lost this weight, and would be in the same position I was in a few months ago.

I am breaking my weight goals into 10% goals. After I get my first 10%.... I will then go for a 10% loss of that weight... and so on and so forth. Once I have lost 4 10%'s I will be at my goal weight. I'm sure others have done this... but I thought I was quite the genius for thinking of it.

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #462
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitch324

You are doing SO awesome!! You have been working so hard, I hope you are super proud of yourself!!!! Seriously, your inspiration was a big factor in my starting WW in May...down 23 so far...with about 75 more to go...

I've been struggling a bit the last 7 days or so. We committed last week to walking the marathon in January and I am SO excited, but I suspect there must be some big fear or anxiety or something because I've been really struggling with the old junk food cravings and have unfortuantely caved more in the last week than I have since I started the program in May!!!

Weight was up .8 on Sunday, but I'm hoping to get get back on track before next WI...I'm so close to that darn 25 lbs, I think I may be sabotaging myself or something. I got this big scary blood blister on my foot last week (new shoes) which got much worse when I kept walking, so I am taking a couple of days off from walking which is stressing me out too... Plus I had to lay off a couple of employees this week which broke my heart and finanically things are really tough so I'm worried I might have to lose a few more...so much STRESS!!!

Sorry for the whining. Anyways, going to go place a peapod order--I do much better when I have good choices easily accessible. We eat most meals at the office because we work such long hours and it's so hard to convince myself to take the 30-60 minutes to actually make something healthier instead of running out and grabbing something quick....but I feel SO much better when I do the healthier thing....

Just because I screwed up over the last week doesn't mean I can't start over today and get back on track.

Thank you to everyone who posts...I've been reading and being inspired by all of you for several months!!

Brooke
That's really sweet of you to say, Brooke. It is really inspiring to me to know that I can encourage someone else. Never be sorry for the venting! Life can be stressful sometimes and that makes it harder to stay on plan. Just keep working at it, and if you do go off a little, don't be discouraged. Just get right back up and keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee

That is a good idea! I actually did that myself and it was really cool to see how I had changed.

Congrats to everyone who had a loss! If you didn't have a loss, just keep swimming! Never, ever give up! Thank you to everyone for the encouragement and support.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #463
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post

Old 08-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #464
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post

I am breaking my weight goals into 10% goals. After I get my first 10%.... I will then go for a 10% loss of that weight... and so on and so forth. Once I have lost 4 10%'s I will be at my goal weight. I'm sure others have done this... but I thought I was quite the genius for thinking of it.
I can't be that complicated. I just keep figuring 5% based on my original weight. I was actually kind of disappointed when I found out that they don't celebrate percents after reaching the 10% when I reached 15% so my leader said we would celebrate any way. 20% is just around the corner.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #465
StayCool
DIS Veteran

I just did my second day of the 30 day Shred this morning. I was so sore last time that I could barely sit. This time I toned it down a little bit so my quads *hopefully* won't kill me tomorrow. It's still a great workout and I'm looking forward to when I can do it every day.

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: