facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #406
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day! I am down 3.4 pounds, 67.8 total! This is less than 50 pounds from my goal!
Congratulations!!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #407
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Weighed in on Saturday and officially hit 25.2 lbs. Got my 25 lb charm and the 16 wk Stay & Succeed. Just 37 lbs more to go
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #408
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb View Post
My mom grew up in Bergen County, but I may have you beat with the most North, I grew up in Sussex County . My husband and I settled in Hunterdon Co. for many years before his job moved us to North Carolina. Miss jersey though.
I didn't think about sussex...lol I'm literally 10 minutes from the NY state border. We were thinking about moving to North Carolina for my hubby's job, but it fell through. ( Ah well.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Sussex
Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #409
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom76 View Post
Been away for a few weeks with the boys camps, and prepping for back to school.

WI today and I was down an additional 3.2 lbs, losing all 6 lbs I gained on my three and a half week vacation in FL in July!! Was very excited for that! Just 3.7lbs more to hit the 10% target (unfortunately again), then 18.3lbs to goal!

I've found a cute motivator that I have right in my kitchen of a just 2 small jars - one filled with glass beads. The one with glass beads has on it "Pounds to Lose" the other "Pounds Lost". Every time I lose a pound I move a bead to the "lost" jar. I really enjoy seeing the beads collecting in that jar, especially when I want to grab a night time snack. After cleaning up after dinner, I put the jars front and center on my counter so I have to see it to get to the fridge.

Hope everyone has been having great weeks.
for the jar idea! Love it. I saw pictures of me taken at the birthday party yesterday. Oh my, not flattering at all. After losing 46 lbs it is so obvious that I have a long way to go. I didn't realize how much I still look like "before" and not what I think I look like, if that makes sense.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #410
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day! I am down 3.4 pounds, 67.8 total! This is less than 50 pounds from my goal!
You inspire me! Thanks for always posting your updates.

How did you decide your goal? No one at WW talked to me about goals, just showed me a chart and said that I need to get down to the range on the chart. In my head, I'm shooting for the highest number on the chart for my goal, since that's pretty much what I was in high school. But I'm wondering if there is something more official I should know about.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #411
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
I didn't think about sussex...lol I'm literally 10 minutes from the NY state border. We were thinking about moving to North Carolina for my hubby's job, but it fell through. ( Ah well.
Where is that in relation to West Milford? I have family there.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 08-21-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #412
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

You inspire me! Thanks for always posting your updates.

How did you decide your goal? No one at WW talked to me about goals, just showed me a chart and said that I need to get down to the range on the chart. In my head, I'm shooting for the highest number on the chart for my goal, since that's pretty much what I was in high school. But I'm wondering if there is something more official I should know about.
You're welcome! I try to be totally transparent with my progress, because I know it helps me to read about what other people are doing.

I did the same thing you did to pick my goal. I looked at a chart and picked the highest number for my height. I figure if I get there and want to lose more, I can.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #413
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative

I didn't think about sussex...lol I'm literally 10 minutes from the NY state border. We were thinking about moving to North Carolina for my hubby's job, but it fell through. ( Ah well.
I'm in Sussex [/QUOTE]

Ooooh, where?
Old 08-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #414
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

I'm in Sussex
Where is that in relation to West Milford? I have family there.[/QUOTE]

West Milford is east of Sussex Co. I grew up in the Newton, Andover area. Went to Newton High School.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #415
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8
Holy Cow 67.8 is awesome and still losing big numbers every week this far in..... Bravo!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #416
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Weigh in today for me was not what I expected. I stayed the same...worked out this week and tracked, so I'm blaming on that time of the month. Here's to next week being better!

luvmygrljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #417
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb
Weigh in today for me was not what I expected. I stayed the same...worked out this week and tracked, so I'm blaming on that time of the month. Here's to next week being better!
Sometimes that happens especially with TOM. keep doin what your doin and I'm sure next week you will see a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #418
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Another 2.4 lbs this week! I'm really happy with that since we were out of town, ate out a lot, and I wasn't tracking. I did make good choices, like the baked salmon and whole sweet potato at the truck stop where everyone was having burgers! It was shockingly good! LOL. 11.9 lbs total in 5 weeks. Yay! I signed up for a learn to run program starting September 4th and although I wanted to wait to be down 20 lbs, it's the only one offered. I'm going to try for 15 by then!

Feeling so much better already.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #419
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I haven't weighed in since August 2. I've been on vacation since then. My first weigh in after returning will be Thursday. My goal was to not gain more than 2#. So far my home scale says I've gained more than that but not much more. I'll take the number, know I've "earned" it and move on. It's nice to be back on a routine though. I also haven't seen a salad in over 2 weeks. Tonight is chicken buritos for dinner but tomorrow night I'm have a big salad!
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #420
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
I'm in Sussex
Ooooh, where?[/QUOTE]

Byram

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: