Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #331
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool
I ended up ordering it, plus her yoga video and 6 week 6 pack ab videos also. I might not be able to do everything on them and I might have to build my way up but I paid less than $25 for all 3. Going to a gym isn't an option because I'm about 30 minutes away from the closest one.

I really hope to get into a routine before college starts back up and I starting using "I'm too busy" as an excuse as I always have before. I really really want to stick with this so I don't want to fall into the same traps as before.
I love the yoga one! It is not traditional yoga, as you can imagine from Jillian, but it is awesome. The ab one made me feel like I was going to die, or throw up, or both!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #332
StayCool
DIS Veteran

I probably will feel like I'm going to die just doing the warm up. lol But I have to start somewhere. We are going to take my hubby's chair out of the living room and put a treadmill in it's place also. Not an ideal situation, but will have to do for now. Then I can pretend I'm at the gym and watch tv while I workout. lol
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #333
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie
Starting a new thread since we are now at 250 pages on the old thread. Here is the first post from the previous thread.

"Hi there! This thread is intended for people who are following Weight Watchers, but everyone is welcome. Many times I have come home from a meeting itching to "talk" to someone else about what was said in the meeting or maybe share tips or my leader's recipe of the day. I thought it could be a place to hang out, discuss the meeting topic of the week, share recipes and goals and what ever else comes to mind."

This is a continuation of this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2690382

The first thread can be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2405181
Hey everyone! Been on WW for the past 4 weeks, but have been sick for the last 2(bummer)! Hoping to join the group!

luvmygrljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #334
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Hello people! I had a WW make it work moment today. I was rushing to get lunch during or break at Destination D today, so I went to La Brea. I chose a chicken Caesar salad, because there was a chicken breast on it. Salad dressing options were limited, but I asked for balsamic vinegarette, thinking I could just dip my fork in it. Well... It was full of oil and not very good. Desperatel looking around for an idea of something else to use, I saw mustard on the table. I put mustard on my salad! It wasn't ideal, but it was fine in a pinch. Just a survival tip for a 0 points salad topping if you need one!

On a side note, I would highly recommend the kids' meal with salmon at Tangaroa Terrace. I had that and a small side salad for dinner. Plenty of food!

ETA: Welcome luvmygrljb! This is a great group. Let us know if you need any help!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #335
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Whoa, mustard on a salad is hardcore! WTG!

I was up last week and hoping to be down again tomorrow at my weigh in. My goal is the TOT 10 miler in 2013. Gotta have a goal/reward! I am afraid to start running until I get a bit more weight off. Especially at 45 the risk of injury is too high, especially since I have back issues.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #336
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Hello people! I had a WW make it work moment today. I was rushing to get lunch during or break at Destination D today, so I went to La Brea. I chose a chicken Caesar salad, because there was a chicken breast on it. Salad dressing options were limited, but I asked for balsamic vinegarette, thinking I could just dip my fork in it. Well... It was full of oil and not very good. Desperatel looking around for an idea of something else to use, I saw mustard on the table. I put mustard on my salad! It wasn't ideal, but it was fine in a pinch. Just a survival tip for a 0 points salad topping if you need one!

On a side note, I would highly recommend the kids' meal with salmon at Tangaroa Terrace. I had that and a small side salad for dinner. Plenty of food!

ETA: Welcome luvmygrljb! This is a great group. Let us know if you need any help!
At least you didn't go back and get a salad dressing that was full of points! Hope you are having fun at Destination D! It sounds like I am missing a good one from some of my friend's Tweets and Facebook postings.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #337
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Mustand -- now that is innovative! I know someone that opts for salsa on their salad. Another 0 points choice that many restaurants have but don't offer with salads.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #338
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

I forgot to post my results for the week. Down another 2.6 pounds. This surprised me since it was my birthday and I did eat cake for a couple of days and had pie on the third, but I used my points. At least I am tracking right now!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #339
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
My goal is the TOT 10 miler in 2013. Gotta have a goal/reward! I am afraid to start running until I get a bit more weight off. Especially at 45 the risk of injury is too high, especially since I have back issues.
I only did the elliptical for a few months, until I'd lost enough that I felt comfortable doing some jogging. I didn't want to hurt my knees!

I started a "couch to 5K" program from coolrunnings dot com, and am LOVING it. This coming week is Week 6. I've taken it slow, repeating Week 4 when I felt my lungs couldn't handle Week 5 yet, then took a break, then redid one day from each of the first 4 weeks. Didn't want to hurt myself. And it has been really really great. So when you're ready to start something more than walking, I really recommend one of those programs! On Friday when I finished my Week 5 run, I felt like an Olympic runner, it felt SO good to be doing it. The last 5 minutes I sped up, I had my knees higher, I was smiling...I probably looked like a fool on the treadmill, but didn't care even a little bit. I missed running!

Sat's weigh-in = down .8! Then we had DH's company picnic, where I realized that what I used to feel was normal was just a ton of points! 2/3 of a veggie burger with a packet of mayo, some fries, some fruit, a little salad, about 3/4 of a cupcake...not only did I feel utterly ILL after eating that in the hot sun, but it was a TON of points! In the past I would have eaten all of the veggie burger and ALL of the fries, as well. Plus some corn. OK so I did have a beer once I stopped feeling sick from the food, which added even more points. It was a painful points day. Glad it was at the beginning of the week so I had my Weeklies, and I'm VERY glad I'll be working out M-F to get some activity points so I don't have to stick just with my 26!

We've decided that next year for the picnic we'll just eat before or after, because the food's not THAT good, and it's always broiling hot so the food makes us ill, too. We'll play games, take part in activities, I'll have a beer, we'll be part of the whole event, not just the food part of it then the groaning after the food. It's good to have a plan!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #340
NC State
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Thanks Stephanie. Did you start doing 10 sec running / 50 sec walking? What training are you using and are you going to do a 5k or 10k prior?
I did my own training but yes, I would run 20 sec and then walk 3 mins and just build up. I had started walking May '11 (20-30 mins a day) and by Jan '12 I started to run, I was really out of shape. But 44.2 lbs later I love to run!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #341
abish19
Mouseketeer

I have had a few experiences since starting WW where I realized that my "normal" - even when I thought I was being moderate - was a LOT of points! I made pancakes for the family today and thought "I'll just have one...can't be that many points.". After figuring in one pancake and a drizzle of syrup, it was 3 points. Just for that. Who ever eats one small-sized pancake? . Anyway, it has encouraged me to eat way more F & V because they're point-free. I also need to work on not snacking, or snacking on just fruits or vegetables...it's very easy to go over my points if I snack on almost anything else.

And then there are some hormonally-induced-eating days, where I could eat through the whole kitchen and still want more. Writing it down keeps me from going carnival ape crazy!

Last edited by abish19; 08-13-2012 at 08:57 PM.
abish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #342
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

I'm back from a week in Nova Scotia visiting my mother. I told her that I would cook the meals while I was there if she would do the dishes. (I HATE doing dishes!) She agreed. I went to my WI while I was there and was down 1.2. My mother, who doesn't go to WW but really should, lost 3!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #343
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
I'm back from a week in Nova Scotia visiting my mother. I told her that I would cook the meals while I was there if she would do the dishes. (I HATE doing dishes!) She agreed. I went to my WI while I was there and was down 1.2. My mother, who doesn't go to WW but really should, lost 3!!
Awesome! My parents are coming to visit me next week and I am scared. The last time they were down I gained .4. I know it isn't a lot. But I need to really watch what I put in my mouth next week.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #344
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Hi I've been reading a little bit here the last few days and wondering if I can join in? I've done ww in the past then gained it all back and then some! I reaally need to lose 2 stone or thereabouts (28lbs) and I'm intending to join ww again in september when my kids go back to school. Right now I'm just fighting the urge to eat everything in sight before I join up again-even foods I dont usually like or crave are calling my name
Sort of hoping that if I join in here it might stop me gaining an extra load of weight! Why is it as soon as I think about eating healthily all I want is junk
I'm also going to try C25K (again-I keep getting to wk 4 and giving up) as I'd like to do a disney race before I'm 50 (3 and a bit years from now)! Dont think my knees could take me running at the moment so I'm starting with brisk walking instead
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #345
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

I just got back from DL last night. I think I will wait until tomorrow or so to weigh-in (perk of being an online member). I am so puffy from all the waking and flying!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: