facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyDe View Post
Hi,
My name is Debbie and I am a 56 year old mother of one DD (age 33) and one wonderful grandson (almost 6 months).

I am a WW retread. I have made goal weight twice since 1997. I am not at my heaviest at this point but I need to get this weight off.

I plan on starting again this Sunday. I do better when I start at the beginning of the week.

My number one reason is that I want to be healthy so that I can keep up with my grandson and see him grown.
Hi Debbie! I think it's great that you decided to start again...and for such a wonderful reason! I do better at the beginning of the week too. I joined this board yesterday as well, and I've gotten a lot of inspiration just from reading through some of the last thread. This is just what I needed!

Good luck to you!

BTW, I like your Tink
Old 06-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #17
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Today was WI day. I was -0.4. Last week I was only -0.2. I haven't even lost 1lb in 2 weeks! I'm soooooo frustrated right now. I didn't exercise as much as I normally do and I honestly don't think I'm eating enough. I have been doing SFT but still tracking. I put in my foods for the day and then change my tracker to points and I'm never at or even with a few points of my daily target. I'm always way under. I'm going to switch back to points this week but still eat power foods. I just need to make sure I'm eating ENOUGH of them!

Oh, and for some stupid reason I, in my frustrated state, went to McDonald's and got a Big Mac and LARGE fries for lunch! I feel ill now but it tasted soooo good at the time. Maybe this little binge will get me off of this damned plateau!
I had the same problem when I tried SFT. I think you're right about not eating enough. Hopefully, the Big Mac helps you to get back on track!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone I would love to join your board. I was skimming through the last one and loved the amount of support that you all give each other.

A little about me, my name is Jessica and I am 28 years old married to DH. No kids yet. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ofus2 View Post
Hello there, I'm ready to join this thread. My name is Robbie, I'm 33, married, mom of four great kids. I work full-time outside of the home. I began ww on March 23, 2012 and as of last Friday am officially down 34.4 lbs. My goal is to lost 100, so 65.6 to go! I look forward to participating in this.
My 29yo dd with 4 kiddos (7, 5, and twins 4) joined March 1, two weeks before me and is down 35 lbs as of this past week. I'm not sure what her final goal is but she is down a clothing size. She and her dh are hiking part of the Appalachian Trail today and tomorrow for their anniversary. (My idea of romantic is NOT sleeping in an AT leanto with other hikers, but hey, whatever floats their boat! Secretly I am hoping dsil has something else up his sleeve.)

Congrats on being 1/3 of the way to your goal!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Today was WI day. I was -0.4. Last week I was only -0.2. I haven't even lost 1lb in 2 weeks! I'm soooooo frustrated right now. I didn't exercise as much as I normally do and I honestly don't think I'm eating enough. I have been doing SFT but still tracking. I put in my foods for the day and then change my tracker to points and I'm never at or even with a few points of my daily target. I'm always way under. I'm going to switch back to points this week but still eat power foods. I just need to make sure I'm eating ENOUGH of them!

Oh, and for some stupid reason I, in my frustrated state, went to McDonald's and got a Big Mac and LARGE fries for lunch! I feel ill now but it tasted soooo good at the time. Maybe this little binge will get me off of this damned plateau!
Next time you get the Big Mac urge, remember how you were feeling when you posted this and I bet it will look a lot less appealing! Hang in there, the plateau will pass (well, at least that is what everyone says!).
Old 06-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #21
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I'm posting from WV where we are going to dh's family reunion tomorrow. I know I've eaten way over my points but I decided not to track while we are here. Just avoiding carbs as much as possible, which for the most part don't appeal any way. I told dh that if a good worth-it dessert shows up at the reunion tomorrow, I will have it. WV is only once a year and one treat isn't going to be the end of the world.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #22
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Last night we went out for a nice dinner and then to see Wicked. As my WW leader recommends, I checked out the menu ahead of time so I could figure out my plan. We ate at the State Room at Michigan State University and it was really lovely. They had a filet mignon on the menu that was a 6 oz steak with whipped potatoes and asparagus. I ordered that and asked that, instead of the potatoes I'd just like more asparagus. I also had a small garden salad with olive oil and vinegar and a roll with one tsp of butter. I also had one bite of my DH's scallops and lobster casserole appetizer. When my entree was served, I cut my steak in half and I ONLY ATE HALF (3 oz) (DH had a couple bites). Yea, me! Anyway, I was so proud of myself that I just had to share.

I'm a lifetimer since 2008 who is about 5 pounds above goal weight now. Every day is a challenge. The worst thing I ever did was think that once I hit my goal weight I didn't need to go to meetings, or track my food and exercise. That lead to a 25 pound gain that I've been working on getting off for over a year now.

P.S. This was the 3rd time I saw Wicked and it was just as much fun this time! Highly recommend it.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Wow! WW III thread gosh time flies. I actually think this is my 2 year anniversary of joining this thread. I know it was around July 4 not sure exactly what day.

Sounds like everyone Is doing well, for the most part. Keep up the good work and if your struggling, I like what Stephanie said, jump over the bump. We had beautiful, pleasant weather here all this week and then today.......my car read 102 and it's getting hotter over the weekend.

I'm trying to catch up from being on vacation. Haven't been on the scale yet but know I've gained, tight clothes . I did go to my meeting yesterday and since I didn't have to weigh in I didn't. I've been back on track all week though.

I haven't been posting much, but do read the thread, which is still an incredible inspiration to me and a huge part of my motivation. Keep goin everyone .
Old 06-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
sjms71
DIS Veteran

......oh and WELCOME to everyone who is new here .
Old 06-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #25
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

I'm in my fifth week of doing Weight Watchers and I've lost a total of 9.2 pounds. I have 36.2 pounds left to lose and I hope to make goal before the year ends.

Yesterday was a little rough, I had a big day at work and when I got home I ended up eating some chocolate, crackers, hummus and cheese, all of which we're not on plan. But, it's ok. I know I can have slip-ups, the important thing is to get back on track as soon as possible.

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #26
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Aha, here's the new thread.

Sorry, but I'm about to write a novel.

I'm Molly, age 42. Tried WW three times before, and had great success until I quit. BEFORE goal, each of those times. I recently found all my weight cards, and it seems that I quit just when the going got good. First I would quit *following* the program, then I'd call the gains/maintains "a plateau that I just can't get through", and finally I would quit. Sigh.

THIS time, this PP2012 program, feels so incredibly different. DH feels the same (he's been through it 2 previous times). He remembers that we would cheat like mad on the old programs (I don't remember that, but I did make choices like cookies instead of fruit since you had to count the points for fruit).

I never knew (never thought about it, either) that your points would be increased once you hit your goal weight, and I would get depressed about eating so little forever and ever. It just messed with my mind.

So now, they increased the points value in foods, but they also increased the points you get to eat and it just does something good for my mental state. And the free fruits/veg just makes my heart sing AND lets me choose them without deciding on cookies *instead of* fruits/veg.

In addition to all of that, fairly early on I started eating the Weekly points. As close to all of them as I can. This has been most beneficial to me! Not only have my losses continued, but I'm just happier! Today's weighin was the culmination of 2 weeks of eating APs *as well as* as many Weeklies as I can stand, and it has been a big success so far! I continued with the loss pattern I had noticed (under a pound, over a pound, under a pound, over a pound, etc etc), my workouts are MUCH stronger, and again, I'm happier! I told myself that I would eat all of the points coming to me (or as many as I can) for a solid THREE weeks, no matter what. I made that plan because I truly feel that my scale results are from the the week before the one immediately preceding the weigh in. I didn't want to gain a little and quit my eat-them-all plan, only to see a loss the NEXT week, and not know what had caused what. So one more week of eat-it-all (patent pending, LOL), and we'll see!

I also post for DH, who is at 24.6 lbs lost so far. Last week he was on a work trip, and was able to go without a seatbelt extender for all of his flights. Which meant that when he was seated in the exit row, he actually could SIT in the exit row! Huge, exciting moment for him. When he shared this in the meeting today, our leader nearly started to cry! It's such a real, tangible thing...not only to not need the extender, but to be able to sit in a more comfortable row for a long flight, that it resonated with many people.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #27
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I am having an AWFUL week. My DD (15 months) is having health issues and I just can't control myself. We were at the doctor Wednesday and they ran her blood. They saw her platelets were low and wanted to check them again yesterday. We went back yesterday and they sent us directly to the ER and had me in a panic because they mentioned Steven Johnson's syndrome. The ER discharged us with a referral to a hematologist and a warning to "be concerned but not worried." YEAH RIGHT! How do you not worry?
Old 06-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #28
jessc79
Mouseketeer

Molly - I totally agree with the "eat them all" philosophy. A person in my meetings lost 100+ lbs doing that over a year so I know it can work. I don't always eat them all but if I want to I do it! No guilt! I have to be happy! And that includes sending hubby to DQ tonight!

I made a pact to myself that no matter what #this time# I was going to:
-always go to meetings; even if I don't weigh in
-always track, even if it's ugly (deal in the TRUTH) and
-look at this as a LIFETIME deal

It's easier now that I'm in a WW @ work group. They'res more Lifetime members than new members so it's so nice to see how many people are making this work long-term and are happy at AT GOAL!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #29
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I am having an AWFUL week. My DD (15 months) is having health issues and I just can't control myself. We were at the doctor Wednesday and they ran her blood. They saw her platelets were low and wanted to check them again yesterday. We went back yesterday and they sent us directly to the ER and had me in a panic because they mentioned Steven Johnson's syndrome. The ER discharged us with a referral to a hematologist and a warning to "be concerned but not worried." YEAH RIGHT! How do you not worry?
Of course Mama is going to worry. We're hard-wired that way. I am praying for your little girl.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #30
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Three days in WV for a family reunion and I am up 1.8 lbs. I'm hoping that with lots of drinking and careful eating for the next two days I won't show a gain at my Tuesday p.m. WI. I could tell while we were there that I was retaining fluids. I haven't had swollen ankles and hands since starting WW in March.

I ate big breakfasts two mornings (buffet came with the room) but reasonably the rest of the time. Didn't track at all, so back to that today. I knew I was splurging, but this is one of those once-a-year trips and not my normal lifestyle. Hiked three different trails on Friday, I thought that would help offset the food. Guess it didn't!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: