Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #2971
myadventurebook
Mouseketeer

I don't go to meetings so I definitely need something that I can rely on. Today it said I weighed 14 pounds less than i did yesterday, then I stepped on a second time and it said I had gained 12 lbs back. That was the last straw for me. Also, I use the same outfit to weigh myself each week and always weigh myself standing straight up with my arms at my side, so it's not that.

I bought something cheap from Wal Mart that had good reviews. I figure it might not be entirely accurate, but at least it will tell me when I'm fluctuating. I tested it in a few different spots in my house and it gave me a bunch of weights from 167.6-169.1. I do not get why that happens. For the most part though, it weighed me at 167.6, which is close to what my WW scale said.

I had to do a lot of tinkering to get it to that point on my WW scale, though. I figured out that if I weighed something neutral before weighing myself, like a dumbbell, my WW scale would weigh me more accurately. It's getting to the point now where it doesn't even weigh the dumbbells correctly anymore. The thing just stinks.

Anyway, mission accomplished (I hope....?).

PS- The meetings do cost extra, right? I keep getting conflicting answers on that. I've been scared of going to them but I feel like they'd make me more accountable. If they cost more though I definitely can't afford it.

Last Trip: November 2013/Pop
Next Trip: May 2015/TBD (probably Pop)
myadventurebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #2972
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychodisney View Post
Congratulations! That is awesome. I was down 1.8 this week after a week at WDW! Got my 5% and taking baby steps to my goal. I'm down 14.2....first big goal is 25.....would like to lose 20-30 more after that!

Personal victory this morning: I provided breakfast for my DD's soccer team. I bought Einstein bagels and have no desire to eat one! (Knowing 1 would turn into 2 or 3). I think my mindset has actually changed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbklein View Post
Woo hoo! Congrats!
Thanks!!!!!!
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #2973
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myadventurebook View Post
I bought something cheap from Wal Mart that had good reviews. I figure it might not be entirely accurate, but at least it will tell me when I'm fluctuating. I tested it in a few different spots in my house and it gave me a bunch of weights from 167.6-169.1. I do not get why that happens. For the most part though, it weighed me at 167.6, which is close to what my WW scale said.

PS- The meetings do cost extra, right? I keep getting conflicting answers on that. I've been scared of going to them but I feel like they'd make me more accountable. If they cost more though I definitely can't afford it.
Keep the scale in one place and use it there consistently. Even if the number is not 100% correct, the loss should be so you won't have to wonder if the losses are true.

Meetings to cost extra above the online cost. I'm not sure how much because I am online only.

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #2974
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myadventurebook View Post
The meetings fees are different than the online fees. Meetings in most areas are $14/week, or 17 week pass for $209, or Monthly Pass for $42.95/month.

Instead of paying for the online only (which is according to the website is $5 per week, when you buy the 3 month plan), and then the meeting separately (which is either $14 per week or $12.29 per week, when you buy the 17 week pass) you could get the monthly pass for $42.95 per month (breaks down to $9.92 on average per week) The MP includes eTools as well for no additional charge. If you could find a way to work the extra $5 per week into your budget, I think you'd find the meetings helpful, many people find that the accountability is a key factor.
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon
*8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 MarathonGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #2975
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Today was weigh in for me. I am going to try to post them each week so I can be more accountable. I was up 1.4 lbs this morning. I was not surprised because I am really sore from the 5k on Sunday. Plus I had good losses the last two weeks and believe that I have indulged a little too much due to that. And I fell off on tracking. *sigh* So, starting a new week today. I'm headed to Boston for a conference tomorrow and won't be home until Saturday evening. I'm looking for portable snacks I can have in my hotel room. Anyone have suggestions?

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #2976
Psychodisney
DIS Veteran

Will you have a mini fridge or microwave? You could get away with apples, bananas and oranges without a refrigerator. Raw almonds. Small bags of microwave popcorn. Gum to keep your mouth busy.
Psychodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #2977
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Will you have a mini fridge or microwave? You could get away with apples, bananas and oranges without a refrigerator. Raw almonds. Small bags of microwave popcorn. Gum to keep your mouth busy.
I'm not sure about a frig but I'm pretty sure no microwave. I am going to pack some of that stuff. The conference will have a continental breakfast so I should be able to get some fruit in the morning hopefully. I'm not going to know anyone there so hopefully I will meet some people to get food with. I'm not big on exploring cities alone. lol I will have to run for some snacks in the morning.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #2978
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

hey all! I'm back to WW to shed the 12 lbs that gradually crept on after hitting Lifetime.

I threw out much of my Momentum material to switch to Points Plus, but regret that, as the old 3 month Journals (2009 and 2010) had some really great recipes in them.

If anyone has those, could they please post or PM to me, a listing of those recipes?
I seem to have kept 1 or 2, but would like a list to remind myself which ones I enjoyed that I should track down!

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #2979
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingintheFog View Post
hey all! I'm back to WW to shed the 12 lbs that gradually crept on after hitting Lifetime.

I threw out much of my Momentum material to switch to Points Plus, but regret that, as the old 3 month Journals (2009 and 2010) had some really great recipes in them.

If anyone has those, could they please post or PM to me, a listing of those recipes?
I seem to have kept 1 or 2, but would like a list to remind myself which ones I enjoyed that I should track down!

Thanks!
Just an idea, but check the weight tracker for the recipes you remember ( if you know the name). I have searched for some really old WW recipes I no longer to find them already in the tracker online. It has been real handy.

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #2980
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Well I am back from Boston. Today was weigh in day and I was up. Didn't really surprise me. I did not track while I was gone but in general I think I did ok with my eating habits. I never finished any of my food and was good about stopping when I was full vs. being a member of the clean plate club like I usually am. For some reason I am retaining a lot of water. My stupid foot is still swollen too. Idk. Anyway, my goal for the week is to track everything and completely increase my water intake which fell off a lot last week. I also haven't ran in 2 weeks due to my foot. So tomorrow, as long as there is no pain I will be on the treadmill. Hoping all goes well.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #2981
Psychodisney
DIS Veteran

No worries. You can't control what is in restaurant food (hidden oils and salt). You did your best....and now you move on. What's going on with your foot? If you can't run, maybe use this as a time to try some weight training/strength work outs. Have a great week!
Psychodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #2982
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No worries. You can't control what is in restaurant food (hidden oils and salt). You did your best....and now you move on. What's going on with your foot? If you can't run, maybe use this as a time to try some weight training/strength work outs. Have a great week!
I'm not really sure what happened with my foot. After a day of walking around and doing some shopping my foot ballooned up and was sore. The swelling keeps coming and going but the pain is gone. It did not swell yesterday at all so I got on the treadmill for half a mile this morning to see what happens. I really pushed myself for that half mile and I'm just going to watch and see what happens the rest of the day. If nothing happens, then on Friday I am going to try to get back in the groove of running three times a week. I'm thinking of adding the squat challenge to my workout routine also.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:34 PM   #2983
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Ugh. I can't get motivated!!! Not tracking and completely off course since Boston.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:24 AM   #2984
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
Ugh. I can't get motivated!!! Not tracking and completely off course since Boston.
Stay strong, be strong! You can start tracking again, I know you can! If you can't control the food yet, at least track what you are doing. No matter how much it hurts, just track it.

Do what I say, not what I did to myself, LOL. After my January of sickness and February of trying to feel better, apparently I was overeating, not tracking, and lying to myself. It took a good while for it to catch up to me (apparently it takes me WEEKS to create pounds of fat from concerted efforts at eating lots of food), but catch up it did! I still have my free etools vouchers for that to be free, but I'm getting to pay for my meetings! I've now paid for 3 meetings this month. Today I missed it by .4 lbs.

So I'll probably have my Monthly Weigh-In At Goal in the last meeting of the month...only to have to do it again the following week!

3 weeks of paying full price for meetings is more than DH's monthly pass. Augh.

So get back on track, or at least start trackING. You'll feel so much better about everything if you at least track.

How is your foot? Is it any better? Have you figured out what you did or how you did it?
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #2985
StayCool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Stay strong, be strong! You can start tracking again, I know you can! If you can't control the food yet, at least track what you are doing. No matter how much it hurts, just track it.

Do what I say, not what I did to myself, LOL. After my January of sickness and February of trying to feel better, apparently I was overeating, not tracking, and lying to myself. It took a good while for it to catch up to me (apparently it takes me WEEKS to create pounds of fat from concerted efforts at eating lots of food), but catch up it did! I still have my free etools vouchers for that to be free, but I'm getting to pay for my meetings! I've now paid for 3 meetings this month. Today I missed it by .4 lbs.

So I'll probably have my Monthly Weigh-In At Goal in the last meeting of the month...only to have to do it again the following week!

3 weeks of paying full price for meetings is more than DH's monthly pass. Augh.

So get back on track, or at least start trackING. You'll feel so much better about everything if you at least track.

How is your foot? Is it any better? Have you figured out what you did or how you did it?
Part of my problem is that lately I don't know what the point value of foods are that I am eating and I don't really have a way to calculate them. Another excuse is that it is getting warm out which means that I am out on the deck in the evening enjoying an alcoholic beverage (just one) almost nightly. I don't usually do that. Another is that I haven't exercised in 2 weeks and that is partly because of my foot and partly because I am making excuses that I am too busy. Tonight I am having Easter dinner, so there's my next excuse. Erf.

On the plus side, I did fill my frig with healthy foods when I went grocery shopping on Friday so it should be easier to get on track this week. I am going to run tomorrow, either on the treadmill or outside. I just need to do it. I never did figure out exactly what the deal with my foot was. I rested it and it feels fine to walk on. If I push on the top of my foot it is still sore, but nothing like it was and there is no swelling. Sooo.... time to get off my butt and go. If nothing else I have to be able to run 10 miles by October!

As for your situation, I am proud of the fact that you have *caught* yourself without entirely sliding back into your old habits. It does suck about the cost of the meetings but you did not undo all your hard work and that is great! I hope to get to that point someday.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: