Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #271
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
It COULD be worse!! Maybe you're hitting a plateau? Remember, it's not a trend until you have a few consecutive weeks that show a gain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Better than a gain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Oh, she's better than that. Our Jessie (CdnBuzzFan) is a lifetimer and actually works for WW. That's why she gets so many questions and has such wise and informed answers for us. I believe she is just over her goal weight and trying to get back down there after a slight derailment.
Thanks for trying to make me feel better!

Actually, I'm under my goal weight by 1 pound. There was a point where I was 11lbs below goal but somehow I managed to gain back some weight. I'm off to visit my mother next week by myself and I'm going to attend the WW mtg while I'm there so hopefully that will help keep me on track. I'm also going to cook while I'm there. I'm hoping to return home without a gain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
I'm watching the scale go down slowly, but I'm not "seeing" it. I don't feel any different and I haven't noticed that my clothes are fitting any differently either. For example if I go from my weight today I am down for about 20 pounds. (I won't count it until WI on Tuesday though). I almost feel like my scale is playing a trick on me! lol
Other people saw results from my weight loss waaaayy before I noticed.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #272
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
I like some of the WW products but try to stick to the bars that are 2 points. Also for two points, I like the little Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Almond Joy and Ohenry bars. They all come in a pack of 8, are individually wrapped and are two points each. You can also get York Peppermint patties, Butter Finger and Coffee Crisp. Here, in Ontario, I can get them at Walmart and at the Dollarrama.

Also, fruit and yogurt makes a good dessert for me.
Okay Jessie, your new avatar photo is just plain old wrong for this thread! What are you trying to do!? Besides, I'll miss the photo of you!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #273
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay Jessie, your new avatar photo is just plain old wrong for this thread! What are you trying to do!? Besides, I'll miss the photo of you!
I just wanted to see if anyone would notice!

Happy now??

Last edited by CdnBuzzFan; 08-03-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #274
abish19
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the dessert suggestions!

I really enjoy reading everyone's experiences. I have only been at this a few days, but I don't have faith that it will really work for me (since nothing has before). I am taking it seriously, including exercise every day, and hoping for the best.

Welcome mlktwins!
abish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #275
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abish19

I really enjoy reading everyone's experiences. I have only been at this a few days, but I don't have faith that it will really work for me (since nothing has before). I am taking it seriously, including exercise every day, and hoping for the best.

Welcome mlktwins!
First of all, you have to have faith it will work. I've tried and failed a lot, but this works. The only difference this time is me. If you don't have a positive attitude, nothing will work. Trust me, if I can do this, you can too!

Now for the dessert suggestion: my favorite right now is a dessert I have made with pudding. It is kind of a cheesecake fakeout.

1/4 cup fat free, sugar free Jello pudding in cheesecake (mixed using 2% milk)
1 tbsp light Cool Whip on top
14 mini graham crackers (or one full graham cracker) to dip

As I do it, it is 3 points. You can use fat free Cool Whip, skim milk, and reduced fat graham crackers, which might lower the points value even more.

Edit: I forgot to add that you can put strawberries on top as well!

Last edited by keahgirl8; 08-03-2012 at 07:56 PM.
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #276
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
I just wanted to see if anyone would notice!

Happy now??
Yes, thank you! You and the green army man. Love it!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #277
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abish19 View Post

Welcome mlktwins!
Sweetie, my one regret is that, because I felt exactly like you do, I didn't join years ago. I was convinced that I could lose weight on my own and that I didn't need to pay for a program that I was sure wouldn't work. Duh! I could have done this when I only had forty pounds to lose instead of 120. Follow the plan, attend the meetings (if you are signed up that way) and keep getting online support and I am sure this will work for you. At 56 it is working for me and I'm at that age where they say it is so much harder to lose.

"Nothing has [worked] before" is past. This IS going to work for you and there is a new you coming in the next few months. Cast away those doubts! And don't forget we are here to cheer you on.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #278
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

Sweetie, my one regret is that, because I felt exactly like you do, I didn't join years ago. I was convinced that I could lose weight on my own and that I didn't need to pay for a program that I was sure wouldn't work. Duh! I could have done this when I only had forty pounds to lose instead of 120. Follow the plan, attend the meetings (if you are signed up that way) and keep getting online support and I am sure this will work for you. At 56 it is working for me and I'm at that age where they say it is so much harder to lose.

"Nothing has [worked] before" is past. This IS going to work for you and there is a new you coming in the next few months. Cast away those doubts! And don't forget we are here to cheer you on.
Yes! What she said! We've all been there. You've got this.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #279
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You've got it backwards... You have to work for it! You are the one who will determine whether or not the program will work. You have to want it bad enough to do what's required to achieve the results that Weight Watchers can provide. There's a saying in the meeting rooms: If the program's not working for you, you're not working the program. Just remember though, it's a lifestyle and no one's perfect. There will be disappointment and discouragement but dont let them stop you -- there will also be plenty of reasons to celebrate too!

You sound like you're committed so you're definitely off to a good start. Stay motivated and stay on track and enjoy the ride!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #280
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, thank you! You and the green army man. Love it!
You're welcome!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #281
abish19
Mouseketeer

I am getting a little teary-eyed from all of your encouraging words!

You are all right on the money: I can choose what the results will be, and if I work this plan I will be successful. In fact, this is the new "tape" I'm going to play in my head, because the old ones are wrong!

By the way, keah, I tried your dessert suggestion and I LOVED it! Hit my chocolate craving, but I didn't feel heavy and guilty afterwards.

Thanks again!
abish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #282
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Weight in day. Lost 1.8 so I am down 15.2. I half way to my first goal of 30 pounds by the end of the year!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #283
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abish19

You are all right on the money: I can choose what the results will be, and if I work this plan I will be successful. In fact, this is the new "tape" I'm going to play in my head, because the old ones are wrong!

By the way, keah, I tried your dessert suggestion and I LOVED it! Hit my chocolate craving, but I didn't feel heavy and guilty afterwards.

Thanks again!
You are exactly right! We all know how the logic of losing weight. It's the inner motivation (or lack thereof) that causes us to succeed or fail. The feelings are always the hard part!

Glad you liked the dessert! Did you try it with chocolate pudding? That's what my dad likes, and my mom likes lemon.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #284
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8
Weight in day. Lost 1.8 so I am down 15.2. I half way to my first goal of 30 pounds by the end of the year!
That's great! Congrats!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #285
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The old ones are definitely wrong.

But you know what's weird is that I'm not even sure that my *feelings* are important in terms of success or not. All that's been important to me has been tracking and DOING the program. Whether or not I believe that I'll lose, whether or not I believe what the scale and my clothes are saying! Sometimes (today!) I think "I don't understand how this is working", but it IS.

Part of my own disbelief is that I eat all APs and most Weeklies (this week I ate every last Weekly, too, but that was because I made dinner and ate it before checking to see how many points my lunch had been...WHOOPS), and it just feels like SO much food! I know that in the past, I totally deprived myself, so I *believed* that I was doing something, but ultimately I couldn't stick with it.

So even on the days that you're not feeling it, just keep *doing* it.

Can't remember if I checked in last Saturday, but in the last 2 WIs I've dropped 3.6, bring my total to over 38 lbs. I'm inching my way down to "halfway to goal", which is thrilling beyond words.

Just moved some stuff around; moved some "these fit now!" clothes into my drawers, and moved some random things that were in my drawers into better spots. And as tempting as it is to keep all old clothes so I can put them on every so often, I've got to clear those out. Let other people use them, right?

Also tried on the formal gown I wore on our honeymoon cruise; it zips up to under the bust area, which is pretty good considering what was happening in my belly area the last 4 years! And since that gown is close, it means I'm about the same distance from fitting into my WEDDING gown. The day I put that dress on again and have it fit will be a very very good day. Since I got pg while on our honeymoon, and since I gained like Jessica Simpson did (and immediately), and then never got back to wedding weight (which was still 30 pounds over current goal weight), so I haven't seen the inside of that gown's zipper the whole time we've been married!

Oh, and my husband lost (while on a business trip!) 2.8, bringing him down close to his 10% and taking away his second point! Since he started at the max and it took 26 pounds to lose his first point, this is a pretty big and exciting deal for him! We're really seeing the difference in his face now, which is just lovely. (the fact of it and his face!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: