Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #2806
superme80
DIS Veteran

Ok I officially HATE simple start! UGH!!!! I feel so confined. I want to eat my activity points! Ok I cheated and ate mine yesterday. I was hungry!!!!! Seriously I like counting points so much more. Yes I am eating more whole foods, but I miss my chicken sausage! So yeah I think simple start and I are going to break up next week.

Ok this vent comes from being hungry, exhausted, and nursing every 2 hours. So maybe I am not the best judge of this part of the program.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #2807
JillyBean1899
Shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Uck, prednisone is no fun. Hang in there! And drink drink drink (water, that is).
Thanks. I'm crossing my fingers and toes and eyes and everything else that I can get off the pred once I start Humira, but it doesn't look good, at least not in the short term. So my focus has switched from losing weight to just not gaining more. And yes, I drink water like a camel. I have a 600 ml Camelbak bottle that I fill up 4-5 times a day. Thank goodness for the various Mio, Crystal Light, Dasani, etc water flavoring drops, because the water here in Florida isn't the best tasting.

I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
No matter how slowly you're moving, it's better than standing still.
I run. I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, BUT I RUN!
JillyBean1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #2808
superme80
DIS Veteran

So Smart Start is getting chucked in the morning. I realized it is affecting my milk supply. I am not going to go there again, had supply issues with DS #2. So off to counting points in the morning. I learned a lot. I am glad I did it for a few days, but it is not working for me. Another reason why I love WW. It is flexible.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #2809
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
So Smart Start is getting chucked in the morning. I realized it is affecting my milk supply. I am not going to go there again, had supply issues with DS #2. So off to counting points in the morning. I learned a lot. I am glad I did it for a few days, but it is not working for me. Another reason why I love WW. It is flexible.
I didn't even try it when I started in January, I just started points.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #2810
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkistevej View Post
I didn't even try it when I started in January, I just started points.
I am back to counting points. I added a few carb snacks to my diet last night and ate a little more protein. My milk supply was up this morning, so I am sticking with counting points.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #2811
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am back to counting points. I added a few carb snacks to my diet last night and ate a little more protein. My milk supply was up this morning, so I am sticking with counting points.
I think it is best to do what works for you, I thought the simple start was resricting for me, sometimes we go out to eat, and I can at least eat what I want, even in moderation. Good luck!!!
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #2812
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

Has any one been watching The Chew and their search for a WW Chef? I saw them today, and there were some great dessert ideas for 8 pts as indulgence. The final winner is next week, and I am excited to see what recipes come out of this.

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #2813
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok I officially HATE simple start! UGH!!!! I feel so confined. I want to eat my activity points! Ok I cheated and ate mine yesterday. I was hungry!!!!! Seriously I like counting points so much more. Yes I am eating more whole foods, but I miss my chicken sausage! So yeah I think simple start and I are going to break up next week.

Ok this vent comes from being hungry, exhausted, and nursing every 2 hours. So maybe I am not the best judge of this part of the program.
I didn't get past planning my meals for the first day. Simple Start was definitely NOT for me. It was like planning a diet. I don't feel like I am dieting with PP but with SS it felt that way from the moment I opened the book.

Down 2 lbs this week but still working off the Christmas gain. Geesh, one week of eating has taken five weeks so far to fix. Still have .4 to go to reach my pre-Christmas weight.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:10 AM   #2814
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't get past planning my meals for the first day. Simple Start was definitely NOT for me. It was like planning a diet. I don't feel like I am dieting with PP but with SS it felt that way from the moment I opened the book.

Down 2 lbs this week but still working off the Christmas gain. Geesh, one week of eating has taken five weeks so far to fix. Still have .4 to go to reach my pre-Christmas weight.
I'm back to counting points too as I felt too restricted on SS and hated that things like bread had to be WW bread. I like normal everyday food that suits the whole family but in sensible amounts and I like my treats to be worth it not wheetabix
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #2815
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I actually enjoyed it for the first couple of days. It was not being able to eat what works for my current diet that was irritating. And not being able to eat my activity points. If I was able to eat my activity points I probably would have been able to stick with that version longer. Well I feel great and my milk supply is up. So yay for counting points!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #2816
robinb
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I went to my meeting today and was down 1.4. I'm very happy since I was up last week after 2 great weeks so I was able to bounce back and lose it all and then some. I am doing Simply Filling, not Simple Start.

Quote:
I actually enjoyed it for the first couple of days. It was not being able to eat what works for my current diet that was irritating. And not being able to eat my activity points. If I was able to eat my activity points I probably would have been able to stick with that version longer. Well I feel great and my milk supply is up. So yay for counting points!
Your body was obviously not doing well at the level of food you were eating {{hugs}}. Did your leader give you more indulgence points? As a nursing mother, especially one who is exercising and earning APs, really needs more food than a non nursing mom does. I really like Simply Filling so I probably would have gone ahead and eaten my APs.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #2817
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Hi guys! I went to my meeting today and was down 1.4. I'm very happy since I was up last week after 2 great weeks so I was able to bounce back and lose it all and then some. I am doing Simply Filling, not Simple Start.

Your body was obviously not doing well at the level of food you were eating {{hugs}}. Did your leader give you more indulgence points? As a nursing mother, especially one who is exercising and earning APs, really needs more food than a non nursing mom does. I really like Simply Filling so I probably would have gone ahead and eaten my APs.
I did! I'm a rebel that way. With counting points I get 14 extra points a day. They work out perfectly. Usually I use them for the protien or extra carbs. Happy baby and Happy mommy. And congrats on your loss!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #2818
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Why couldn't you eat your activity points?

In January I went to four meetings in different areas and had four different leaders explaining SS (along with "my" leader's explanation), and although the quick version is not to eat APs, that's for the newbies. New people want to start off simple, and they think that tracking and eating APs isn't simple. It's also why thy say "7 indulgence points a day" rather than "49 weeklies to eat as you wish". If you aren't a newbie (or resent being treated like a child who can't figure things out, as I would feel) eat the APs!

Doesn't sound like the food works for you though, and I get that since it wouldn't work for me either. It's why I have never tried any of the "eat to satisfaction" plans the ever had. If I could do that successfully I wouldn't be here, and most of the foods on those plans don't fit with what I eat.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #2819
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

I had my first weigh in today since vacation. It has been a month since I joined and I have lost 6.6 lbs. I think that is pretty great considering I ate what I wanted for the last few weeks.

I am trying to nudge myself back to the gym. I haven't been in forever! I used to love it, but I just haven't had energy.

Hop everyone has a great week!

Ana
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #2820
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Why couldn't you eat your activity points?
It is just for the first 2 weeks. If I had stuck with Simply Filling I could eat my activity points. You are also limited to only eating 7 pts of indulgences a day. So didn't work for me. Counting points is great for me. I can indulge when I want to and eat any activity points. The eating till satisfaction was helpful, but I wasn't eating enough. The fear of overeating I think.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: