Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #2776
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

So how is everyone doing this week?

We leave for vacation in 9 days and I am excited and nervous. Hopefully I will burn lots of the calories that I enjoy.

Ana
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #2777
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Keahgirl8, that's a great loss for having been on vacation.
Thanks! Water weight is going away, so it is actually about 5 pounds! I am shocked! I ate a lot of beignets!
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #2778
robinb
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! How are you doing? I have been absent from this thread for about 6 months. Back in July I was diagnosed with breast cancer (DCIS) and I just stopped caring about tracking what I ate or losing weight. It was just too much trouble with the added stress of worrying about my health, scheduling surgery and having radiation treatments. The good news is that everything is now fine .

I did start to attend meetings again in November but my annual WDW trip did me in (again) and I came back home probably the heaviest I have ever been. Thank goodness it's only by a pound or two, but I took my lumps today and went to a meeting. So ... I'm doing Simply Filling now which seems to be the "Quick Start" method of WW and I promised myself I would track for the whole two weeks. I also joined the neighborhood Planet Fitness in late December for a great price of $99 for the whole year. I have been there 5 times since I started up last week. I like the 30-minute circuit machines but I hop on the treadmill first and then do the machines instead of "stepping" between machines. I quit the YMCA because my DD changed swim teams and I no longer wanted to pay $72 per month. Especially after the Y gutted her old swim team and chased off over 200 swimmers in the process. *sigh*
Old 01-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #2779
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

Robinb- what a good start to the year for you. Beat of luck in your continued journey to health. And $99 for a year- what a great deal!

Ana
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #2780
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps View Post
Robinb- what a good start to the year for you. Beat of luck in your continued journey to health. And $99 for a year- what a great deal!
Thanks Ana! They are running another special right now: no membership fee until June, no contract and just $10 per month. So you can work out for only $40 until June. FWIW, they also ran the $99 special last year right around June/July.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #2781
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you are back with us, Robin! And I am doubly glad that you are doing well health-wise.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 01-20-2014 at 04:04 PM.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #2782
superme80
DIS Veteran

Down 4.5 lbs my first week!!!!!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 11 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #2783
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Good for you!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #2784
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Did anyone (meeting member, that is) get their new keychain (looks like an enormous belly button ring lol) for going to 4/5 meetings this first 5 weeks? So glad they allowed continuing members and lifetimes to participate because DH and I got ours. . At the sat orlando meeting, even (I adore Helen, the 10:30am sat leader). So neat to attend different meetings while traveling!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #2785
superme80
DIS Veteran

My next official, for me, weigh in is tomorrow. I have been making really good choices this week. The baby seems to think that mommy and daddy want to party at 2 am, and the older ones think mommy needs to be up at 7:45. Needless to say exercise has not happened this week.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #2786
JillyBean1899
Shiny

So I'm considering starting WW. Between hitting 30 and going on various meds, I've poofed up, and it's still trickling upward. I want to lose about 30-35 lbs off the 160 I'm lugging around (I was 115 just 5 years ago), but trying to track calories and fat and carbs and whatnot just isn't working for me. I think that WW would be much easier, with the points instead of "I can have this ... oh, wait, no, too many carbs ... this ... no, right amount of carbs, too many calories ... I'll just have a carrot". The only problem I have (and this is what killed me for counting calories) is homemade foods. Does WW have a list of point values for stuff you make at home that doesn't have point values already on it? Like if I wanted to make spaghetti one night, but the box of Publix angel hair pasta and the jar of Newman's Own Sockarooni sauce don't have point values listed, will it be easy to figure out?

Easy to figure out ... unlike the rambling post I just made lol.

I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
No matter how slowly you're moving, it's better than standing still.
I run. I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, BUT I RUN!
JillyBean1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #2787
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyBean1899 View Post
So I'm considering starting WW. Between hitting 30 and going on various meds, I've poofed up, and it's still trickling upward. I want to lose about 30-35 lbs off the 160 I'm lugging around (I was 115 just 5 years ago), but trying to track calories and fat and carbs and whatnot just isn't working for me. I think that WW would be much easier, with the points instead of "I can have this ... oh, wait, no, too many carbs ... this ... no, right amount of carbs, too many calories ... I'll just have a carrot". The only problem I have (and this is what killed me for counting calories) is homemade foods. Does WW have a list of point values for stuff you make at home that doesn't have point values already on it? Like if I wanted to make spaghetti one night, but the box of Publix angel hair pasta and the jar of Newman's Own Sockarooni sauce don't have point values listed, will it be easy to figure out?

Easy to figure out ... unlike the rambling post I just made lol.
They do. The little booklet I had has an estimation of pts values. I had lasagna at my SIL's house last week. Instead of having to ask where what was all in it, I just looked up lasagna. It was 7 pts a serving. I had 2, so 14 pts for the lasagna.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:23 AM   #2788
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

You can also use the online tools to help figure out the point values. I love the recipe builder, where I put in the ingredients and how many portions, then it calculates the points. And once in it will always be there, so for your favorites it is great.

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #2789
LJC1861
DIS Veteran
Suffers from a Tag Fairy Complex

Hi Everyone!

I just started on WW last Monday, so I am a week in. I am glad I found this board and this particular thread. I am doing the Points plus, and the online routine as the cost of meetings is just not in my budget.

So far, so good.....down 1.5 pounds the first week. I still find myself thinking about food all the time though! I know this will pass, and I am finding myself really thinking about the points value of all the 'goodies' that I am craving right now.

I am packing my lunches, and trying to get as many fruits and veggies in each day as I can. I tend to be more of a grazer rather than a sit down and eat a meal kind of person, especially at work, so I know I am going to need to work on changing a few things.

I am looking forward to reading through as many posts as I can for inspiration and encouragement. I am at my highest weight EVER and this is simply NOT acceptable. The work starts now.

Thanks in advance for all your help, encouragement and support. I am glad that forums like this one exist.

Linda ( who hopes to slowly lose 40 lbs.)
LJC1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #2790
schrammalot
Mouseketeer

I just started WW about three weeks ago and am down 17 lbs!

schrammalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: