Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #2731
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

Can anyone suggest some good filling low point breakfasts for me? I really need protein in the morning, but it is hard to find something filling for less than 8 points. When I am only working with 27 for the whole day 8 seems like a lot!
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #2732
dbrn
Mouseketeer

I usually have 4 egg whites (1pp) with whatever breakfast I choose, the protein really helps me. I also have a piece of fruit, usually a banana. Some of my go-to breakfasts for work:

4 egg whites (1)
1 oz. lean ham (1)
1 cup Cheerios (2)
1 cup Skim milk (2)
1 banana (0)

1 lite English muffin (Healthy Life from Kroger - 2pp)
1 egg white (0)
2 slices Oscar Mayer Deli-Fresh ham (0)
1 banana
1 cup skim milk (2) or water (0)
(this breakfast also works well for Simply Filling)

1 apple (0)
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese (2)
4 egg whites (1)

4 egg whites (1)
1 cup Ore-Ida O'Brien potatoes (2)
3 pcs. Kroger ready-cooked bacon (2) - (Jimmy Dean has ready-cooked bacon that is 4pcs. for 2 pts, found it at Walmart)
1 banana (0)

1 WW Smart Choice Ham and Egg scramble (5)
1 banana

I have an egg cooker that I use for my eggs, usually just hard-boil them. The rest is microwaveable.

Hope maybe one of these helps!
dbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #2733
rlbklein
Earning My Ears

FF egg substitute is low points & a good source of protein to help you stay full longer. I do 1/2 cup for 1-2ppv. You could mix in some veggies for a quasi omelet.

Turkey bacon is also yummy. 3 slices is 2ppv.

I do Greek yogurt a lot. The individual cups are 2ppv.

I also like Raw brand "better oats" - it's a mix of grains and one pack is 4ppv.

Multi grain Cheerios and skim milk (1 cup ea) for 5ppv.

I also have fresh fruit for breakfast every day, & try to have an extra serving available for a between meal snack.

past WDW trips: summer 1990, March 2007, October 2007, June 2010
rlbklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #2734
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

I eat 1-2 eggs (depending on whether I have worked out that day) and one serving of Alexia hash browns every day. It is between 3-5 points, depending on the number of eggs. Since I have started adding more whole grain carbs, I now include one slice of whole wheat toast and a teaspoon of coconut oil. That adds 3 points. Eggs are very healthy, and contain a lot of protein and other nutrients. This has been my breakfast for almost 2 years, during which I lost almost 120 pounds, so I am sticking with it!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #2735
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

It's slooooowwww going, but I finally lost 1lb this week. I was happy considering Thanksgiving was last week.

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #2736
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Jumping in quick to say that I was down 1 lb this week! Two Thanksgiving dinners and I lost. I must say I was stunned. Happily so.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #2737
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Jumping in quick to say that I was down 1 lb this week! Two Thanksgiving dinners and I lost. I must say I was stunned. Happily so.
Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #2738
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
It's slooooowwww going, but I finally lost 1lb this week. I was happy considering Thanksgiving was last week.
Quote:
Woo to both of you! Sounds like you two tracked really well! Did you have plans going into the meals?
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #2739
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd

My plan was to go to the gym first thing on Thanksgiving morning for a 90 min spin class -- which was the same plan as 25 other people who got there before me. LOL So I jumped on the treadmill and did week 1, day 1 of C25k then an extran 20 minutes of walking. Hit my activity baseline for the day before I even left the gym.

Then I just took tastes of the "bad" stuff at dinner and ate more of the "less bad" stuff. Then on Saturday, hit the gym for my normal spin class.

Last night I went to a spin class taught by a different instructor and it was BRUTAL! I love spin and I would like to go more often, but Saturday morning is the only for sure day I can go. So when I manage to get up there during the week, I'm happy. My normal class is a Les Mills RPM class, so the other spin classes are a lot different and it's a nice change of pace. My GOAL is to go at least one other night during week and Sunday mornings, in addition to my Saturday class. Weekends are tough b/c my husband has been working weekends and I hate leaving my 13yr old and 6 yr old home for too long. I do it at least on Saturday though.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #2740
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd

I have managed to get to spin class 3 times in the past week! Thursday night, Saturday morning and then last night. I'm so proud of myself I couldn't wait to get there last night because my Saturday morning instructor normally does the class I was going to last night....then I see an older guy walk in and head to the instructor bike! This is after having to use a different bike than I'm used to...I wasn't happy with the bike I was stuck using, then a different instructor. On top of it all? I ended up HATING this guy's class. I stuck it out and left knowing I had done more than if I hadn't gone. But he was boring and his music sucked.

I already know I'm probably not going to make it to spin tomorrow night because my son has a wrestling thing, so I'm a little disappointed about that. I will be there Saturday morning though!

Ready for weigh in tonight -- I know about where I stand, but until I get the "official" number at WW tonight, I can't call it. LOL

I have worked hard this week and I hope to be rewarded with a good loss! I'm still struggling to get to my 10%. I have to lose 24 lbs to get that and 25lbs is my first goal....so after 5 months, I'm still working for those 2 small goals. After that, my next goal is another 22lbs to get down to where I was the day I went to the dr to confirm my pregnancy with my 13yr old. When I hit that number, I will figure out my next stepping stone goal for myself.

How is everyone else faring? This thread has been quiet!

Old 12-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #2741
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Woo to both of you! Sounds like you two tracked really well! Did you have plans going into the meals?
Oh, I had a plan alright. I planned to eat and enjoy. The food at the restaurant on Thanksgiving day was wonderful. I ate one serving more of stuffing than I should have because I went from full to miserable. But having overindulged actually reinforced my determination to eat within my points.

I was down 1.8 this week for a total of 92.2.

I haven't been around much and probably won't be on much for a while. Since 12/4 I have had my dh to the doctor four times and at the hospital six times for tests. He is disabled but they can't figure out what is going on with him right now. The DIS is low on the priority list right now. At least Christmas shopping for ten grandkids is finished and all gifts are wrapped. No tree yet but I dropped a hint in one of my sons' ears about helpong us get one Monday.

I am grateful that my husband survived something very similar in 1994 and I am optimistic that with the Lord's blessing he will come through this too.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 12-14-2013 at 06:37 PM.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #2742
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My plan was to go to the gym first thing on Thanksgiving morning for a 90 min spin class -- which was the same plan as 25 other people who got there before me. LOL So I jumped on the treadmill and did week 1, day 1 of C25k then an extran 20 minutes of walking. Hit my activity baseline for the day before I even left the gym.
That's a great plan!

Quote:
I have worked hard this week and I hope to be rewarded with a good loss! I'm still struggling to get to my 10%. I have to lose 24 lbs to get that and 25lbs is my first goal....so after 5 months, I'm still working for those 2 small goals.
It's going to be SO exciting when you hit one, then the other, goal! Or both together! (I personally would want them separate, because if you do one where they announce your loss, like the 25 lbs, AND the percentage, then people can figure out what you were before...especially that early on I wanted a bit more privacy with the numbers, know what I mean?)

Quote:
Oh, I had a plan alright. I planned to eat and enjoy. The food at the restaurant on Thanksgiving day was wonderful. I ate one serving more of stuffing than I should have because I went from full to miserable. But having overindulged actually reinforced my determination to eat within my points.
I like your plan, too. And you are SO right about how overindulging makes you stronger in the future. It just doesn't feel great.

I hope your husband gets things figured out soon and starts healing up from whatever is going on!

Today at our meeting (I go to meetings each week still because if I don't go I'll start backsliding!) I think my leader was using me as a "she can tell a member stuff that I can't because my boss is here and I have to say exactly what WW wants me to say" person. I had mentioned in the meeting that I eat all Daily, Weekly, and carefully calculated Activity points, and a woman was fascinated by this. She has been afraid of even touching Weeklies, but she's HUNGRY. I talked to her about that, and as she was asking about Activity points my leader came over. The woman wondered out loud if you're just eating back all your points, and the leader couldn't really say anything. I said "if our leader weren't standing here and if her boss weren't over there I would tell you more, but basically if you work out you burn this much, but you eat back only this much, so you're still at a deficit." The leader was able to nod, because she has heard me talk about what the Community people say on ww.com, that basically it's 80 calories burned to make one activity points, but then a point you eat is only approximately 40 calories. Therefore, you're still at a deficit. That's the basics. But the leader couldn't say that out loud, especially with her boss there.

Wow that was a long paragraph.

And during the meeting I was so glad to finally use ALL my words, and explain how I came to use all the points (slowly...first Weeklies for a month to see how I did, then started with the carefully calculated Activities for a month to see how I did), and that not everyone CAN do it, but especially if you are *hungry* it's a great idea to TRY, and see if they are a person that can do it. Hopefully I emphasized to her the importance of trying it for a really solid period of time...for me it was a month...and not to give up after one week. After all, one week could just mean the extra weight of the food you've eaten, and might not be based on the *calories* and what your body did with them, at all!

I don't always manage to get out all of that, so I was so happy I kept my wits about me and said it all.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #2743
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

I am not waiting until the 1st, today is my day. I am sick of looking the way I do and feeling the way I do too. I lost about 20 pounds in 2008 all by myself, then in 2012 I did WW and lost about 10-15. It has all come back and then some. . I am going to work really hard at doing this myself, and if it does not work I will go back to meetings. I know exactly what I need to do, I just need to do it! I would like to loose 30 pounds total.

Thanks for the breakfast suggestions several replies earlier, they are going to be a big help!
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:14 PM   #2744
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmomma View Post
I am not waiting until the 1st, today is my day. I am sick of looking the way I do and feeling the way I do too. I lost about 20 pounds in 2008 all by myself, then in 2012 I did WW and lost about 10-15. It has all come back and then some. . I am going to work really hard at doing this myself, and if it does not work I will go back to meetings. I know exactly what I need to do, I just need to do it! I would like to loose 30 pounds total.
Good for you!

And GREAT for you that you caught your weight situation so *relatively* early in the game! I sure wish I had said "enough now" at 30 lbs! Yay you!!!!!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #2745
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

And another month's weigh-in done, still staying inside of my goal range! This is really amazing. I've never stayed steady before. I've never had a *range* I allowed myself to be in before. It's always been THIS weight or I hated myself. So this is all so new.

I assume this is a corporate meeting thing...anyone else have the new keychain talked about in their meeting this week? If we go to 4 out of 5 meetings this first month of the year, we get a cool little keychain. I'm also assuming this is all meetings and not just ours, but even if you're already a member you're eligible. So cool!

I went to a standing-room only meeting today. Combo of one of the most dynamic leaders at our location and the new year...it was crowded! I hope it stays crowded because ALL of those new people stick with it. Yay them!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: