Originally Posted by okiedisnut View Post
Hi Everyone!!!

Haven't posted on this board for quite awhile---but I had to share

Weighed in today--loss -1.6 lbs

for a TOTAL OF -54.4

I will be at WDW 3 weeks from today!!!

!

Karyn
Good job, Karyn! And have a wonderful trip.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #2687
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Continuing story of making goal (for the first time ever) and the 6 weeks of maintaining to be Lifetime (and free!).......

The instant I posted last week I thought "oh man, I jinxed myself" lol.

And for much of the week I kept forgetting to track on a given day. My Flash keeps going "out" which makes it impossible to track on the computer and I am growing tired of reinstalling it. Also tiring of tracking on my phone. So I was worrying there! But because I was eating some things that weren't easily trackable, I was overestimating quite a bit. And that saved me.

Week 5 was passed with flying colors. Whew. Of course I guess all that matters is that Week 6 weight, not the in betweens, to determine if I get Lifetime status or not but it is still good for me to "pass"!

Next week! Happily DH will be home so if I don't lose my mind this week and eat the earth and gain from it, he will be home for that weigh in. Should be here for the next, too, which might come into play because a different leader had mentioned that it's the week after a successful Week 6 that you get your Lifetime stuff.

This upcoming week marks the start of the ymca sessions starting again, so it will be a return to working out after this little time off after the 10 miler in Orlando. Back to training for the Half in jan as well as helping my son get into running shape for our 5k that week too!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #2688
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I'm up 0.4lbs. this week but I'm not sweating it. I've had a couple of large weight loss weeks in consecutive weeks so that's usually my pattern. Lose 4 or 5 lbs. in 2 weeks and then gain a tad back. All in all, I'm still really happy with my current weight and am looking more at maintaining than losing. I'd be happy to drop another 10lbs. max, but I'm not going to obsess about it.
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #2689
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

After being up a little last week, I am down 2.1 this week! It's my biggest loss in 9 weeks so I'm super excited. Hit my 5% goal so I set my final goal - a number at the higher end of my healthy weight range. I know I could try to go lower, but my happy weight is at the higher end of healthy because I am muscular, not slender. 9 lbs down, 17 to go!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #2690
kittengal13
kittengal13

Started back WW today after being off it for roughly 6-8 weeks.

I have already lost a stone since last year despite many falls off the wagon but I am determined to lose this second stone to get to my goal weight
Old 10-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #2691
NC State
DIS Veteran

I'm down another 1.4 this week for a grand total of 47.4 lost! Low carb was the breakhrough that I needed!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #2692
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
I'm up 0.4lbs. this week but I'm not sweating it. I've had a couple of large weight loss weeks in consecutive weeks so that's usually my pattern. Lose 4 or 5 lbs. in 2 weeks and then gain a tad back. All in all, I'm still really happy with my current weight and am looking more at maintaining than losing. I'd be happy to drop another 10lbs. max, but I'm not going to obsess about it.
It's great to know your own pattern! And I know from personal experience that it's really freeing to not mind being a little bit up. We know what to do about it, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
After being up a little last week, I am down 2.1 this week! It's my biggest loss in 9 weeks so I'm super excited. Hit my 5% goal so I set my final goal - a number at the higher end of my healthy weight range. I know I could try to go lower, but my happy weight is at the higher end of healthy because I am muscular, not slender. 9 lbs down, 17 to go!
Woo!

Being a muscular type as well, I know what you're talking about! And now I'm doing strength training to get even more muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittengal13 View Post
Started back WW today after being off it for roughly 6-8 weeks.

I have already lost a stone since last year despite many falls off the wagon but I am determined to lose this second stone to get to my goal weight
Woohoo! Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
I'm down another 1.4 this week for a grand total of 47.4 lost! Low carb was the breakhrough that I needed!
Awesome!!!!!

Funny, I never intended to be low carb, but it just sort of happened. And then I started running, and running longer distances, and I have to eat more carbs, and it's harder than I thought it would be!

ETA, I should say "low grain", not really low carb. Because I eat lots of fruits and veggies, which have plenty of carbs. And I eat desserts which are sugary (I don't do sugar-free). But I found that bread, rice, and pastas just didn't have anywhere near the place in my new way of eating as they used to have, and it just sort of happened over time. And those are the carbs I'm having to add back in a bit more.

By the way, when you're hungry, "ETA" gets typed as "EAT".

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 10-31-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #2693
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

It's good to read all your successes this week.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #2694
NC State
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
ETA, I should say "low grain", not really low carb. Because I eat lots of fruits and veggies, which have plenty of carbs. And I eat desserts which are sugary (I don't do sugar-free). But I found that bread, rice, and pastas just didn't have anywhere near the place in my new way of eating as they used to have, and it just sort of happened over time. And those are the carbs I'm having to add back in a bit more.
I agree I do the vegetables, fruits, cheese and yogurt. But I have cut the bread, rice, pasta and white potatoes. I do sweet potatoes only. It made a big difference for me.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #2695
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post

I agree I do the vegetables, fruits, cheese and yogurt. But I have cut the bread, rice, pasta and white potatoes. I do sweet potatoes only. It made a big difference for me.
And now I'm thinking of sweet potato fries.

Yesterday to keep energy up for the Y and trick or treating with DS, I had two servings of a packaged risotto from Trader Joes. And an hour later until, well, it continues still, I have craved nothing but sugar. This is good to know about myself for the future! Large amount of rice leads to sugar cravings.

The risotto I make from scratch is actually made with barley, and I don't recall this crazy craving issue. When I have just one serving of rice like with Indian food, no issue. This is very frustrating. Glad I know by heart the points values of the candy in the house!

Old 11-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #2696
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

This thread has been so inspiring to me since I started WW back in April. Congrats to everyone on their success! Personally, I have reached one of my short term goals by losing 60 pounds by my birthday (tomorrow), I'm so proud of myself and can't wait to celebrate! Hooray!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #2697
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post
This thread has been so inspiring to me since I started WW back in April. Congrats to everyone on their success! Personally, I have reached one of my short term goals by losing 60 pounds by my birthday (tomorrow), I'm so proud of myself and can't wait to celebrate! Hooray!
Congrats! Way to go and Happy Birthday!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #2698
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post
Woo, congratulations! And happy birthday!

Old 11-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #2699
TenThousandVolts
I just gave 2 examples for the same pronunciation
I would (and will) do it for 3 days

I have had a very bad few days. My great weakness is candy and I caved on Halloween. Two days in a row I ate several fun size candies and went way over my points. Finally last night I got my husband to hide the candy and told my kids when they want their candy they have to get it from Dad. I am ready to get back on track today.
Where is that embarrassed emoticon?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #2700
rlbklein
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenThousandVolts View Post
I have had a very bad few days. My great weakness is candy and I caved on Halloween. Two days in a row I ate several fun size candies and went way over my points. Finally last night I got my husband to hide the candy and told my kids when they want their candy they have to get it from Dad. I am ready to get back on track today. Where is that embarrassed emoticon?
Don't beat yourself up. We are all human and have weaknesses! It's a new day and you have a chance at a fresh start. You can do it!!

For me, we just got back from a week @ WDW in Thurs. We were there for an entire week and had the QS dining plan. I have myself permission to not count points and eat whatever I wanted. I have only done that on four other days since Jan 2012, so it's not a common thing for me. (My brother's wedding day, my BIL's wedding day, last Thanksgiving, and last Christmas.) I knew we were walking a lot but expected to gain some weight. There's so much food! And of course all those desserts and snacks are pretty carby and not exactly WW friendly. I'll weigh in this morning and I'm expecting to be up but I know I'll get it back off again, hopefully before Thanksgiving!

past WDW trips: summer 1990, March 2007, October 2007, June 2010
rlbklein is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: