Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #256
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abish19 View Post
Now - what is the best choice when you're dying for dessert? Are the prepackaged WW products best? Do they fulfill the craving? Thanks for any ideas...
I try to stay away from those because I could eat both in the same day (but that is just me). I have found that the Nature Valley granola thins help me out a lot. I can finish one in four bites and they are 2 points. It satisfies my sweet tooth with a low point value.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #257
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Down 0.3 today.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #258
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
Down 0.3 today.
It COULD be worse!! Maybe you're hitting a plateau? Remember, it's not a trend until you have a few consecutive weeks that show a gain
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #259
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
Down 0.3 today.
Better than a gain!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #260
NC State
DIS Veteran

Last week I had gain 1.4 because I was on vacation, this week up again .2; oh well it's that time of the month for me. I'm not going to let this get me down. I'll continue knowing that I'm just 20 lbs from goal! Good luck everyone and hope you have a great week ahead.

-Stephanie

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #261
mlktwins
Mouseketeer

Can I join back in????

Hi guys! I totally fell off the wagon and was about to give up. Something in me clicked at the meeting on Tuesday though and I am ready to get this done !!!

I joined WW in June of 2011 and had about 35 pounds to lose. By December 2011, I had lost 12.6 (that was right after a 2 week Disney vacation). I was so excited and then winter, along with being home with my boys all day (I homeschool), and things went south. I stayed at around a 9-10 lbs loss until the past 4-5 weeks when I started gaining pound by pound. As of yesterday, I only had a 5.6 pound total loss. So now I'm ticked that I'm having to RE-LOSE weight I've already loss. Can anyone relate ?!?!?!

So I am back on the wagon and tracking EVERYTHING. I have lost 2 pounds since Tuesday according to my scale. YEAH!!!

I also want to say that I'm proud of my 77 year old dad. He made his 10% and goal 2 weeks ago and is now trying to figure out how to eat on maintenance. He has even less willpower than me so this is awesome. My boys are upset that I haven't gotten my 10% key ring yet -- LOL. I need to lose a total of 16 pounds for that. I was so close in December and I blew it.

P.S. If anyone is looking for something crunchy (like a potato chip), Trader Joe's has a bag of Skinny Fries. Very good. 65 fries + 3 WW points -- I usully have 1/3 of a serving. Even my boys love them!

Where can I get a weight loss ticker???
mlktwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #262
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
It COULD be worse!! Maybe you're hitting a plateau? Remember, it's not a trend until you have a few consecutive weeks that show a gain
Oh, she's better than that. Our Jessie (CdnBuzzFan) is a lifetimer and actually works for WW. That's why she gets so many questions and has such wise and informed answers for us. I believe she is just over her goal weight and trying to get back down there after a slight derailment.

I missed my WI yesterday -- too much to do at work. I'm going to try to get there at noon today. I know I'll have a gain, but I'll own it and move on. I'm 5 pounds from goal and just can't seem to get over this hump.

Played some tennis with my DD17 last night. She has just returned from a bike trip from Maine back to Michigan (1300+ miles), so hadn't played any tennis for awhile. Unfortunately, her muscle memory is fine and, while I won some games, she can still whomp me. We had fun and I got exercise -- she shows no mercy!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #263
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlktwins View Post
Where can I get a weight loss ticker???
Go to "User CP" at the top of the screen. Once there, click on "Edit Signature" under setting options. That will lead you to another screen that has tickers. Weight loss tickers are among the many choices. I've never had a weight loss ticker -- I always need to have a vacation ticker or I get depressed. One ticker is enough for me.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #264
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Thanks for all of the encouraging words!

Great job, pwdebbie! Gives me hope to see how well you are all doing!

Now - what is the best choice when you're dying for dessert? Are the prepackaged WW products best? Do they fulfill the craving? Thanks for any ideas...
When I crave chocolate, I like the WW snack bars. They are 2 PP and are sort of like a candy bar for me. There are several different flavors (not all chocolate). It's not a typical dessert, but it fullfills my craving for a candy bar.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #265
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I joined WW on March 2. On August 2, I finally reached 30# lost! I have lost 30.6 I will never see again! It feels like it took forever to get to 30#. I only hope that I am still at 30# lost when I come back from vacation.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #266
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
I joined WW on March 2. On August 2, I finally reached 30# lost! I have lost 30.6 I will never see again! It feels like it took forever to get to 30#. I only hope that I am still at 30# lost when I come back from vacation.
Whooo-Hoooo!!! Congrats!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #267
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
Congratulations! Just do a lot of walking and hopefully you will be there when you get back!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #268
StayCool
DIS Veteran

I'm watching the scale go down slowly, but I'm not "seeing" it. I don't feel any different and I haven't noticed that my clothes are fitting any differently either. For example if I go from my weight today I am down for about 20 pounds. (I won't count it until WI on Tuesday though). I almost feel like my scale is playing a trick on me! lol
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #269
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My preference right now is Jello Cook & Serve Fat-Free Sugar-Free chocolate pudding. A 1/2 cup serving made with 2% milk is the same points as many of the WW sweets but this satisfies me so much more. And for one more point I can add some whipped cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
I'm watching the scale go down slowly, but I'm not "seeing" it. I don't feel any different and I haven't noticed that my clothes are fitting any differently either. For example if I go from my weight today I am down for about 20 pounds. (I won't count it until WI on Tuesday though). I almost feel like my scale is playing a trick on me! lol
I didn't start fitting into smaller clothes until I hit about 35 lbs off. At this point, I am still wearing some of my 22s (but most have gone into the giveaway pile). But I am also wearing my dd's size 18s. She has lost over 45 lbs (we attend together) and is down to 14s now. Be patient, it will happen!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #270
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
- what is the best choice when you're dying for dessert? Are the prepackaged WW products best? Do they fulfill the craving? Thanks for any ideas...
I like some of the WW products but try to stick to the bars that are 2 points. Also for two points, I like the little Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Almond Joy and Ohenry bars. They all come in a pack of 8, are individually wrapped and are two points each. You can also get York Peppermint patties, Butter Finger and Coffee Crisp. Here, in Ontario, I can get them at Walmart and at the Dollarrama.

Also, fruit and yogurt makes a good dessert for me.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: