Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #2671
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
I had a fairly pleasant surprise at WI. I thought the scale said .6 but it was actually 1.6. I was really getting frustrated because I've had ups and downs for me, not in weight but in attitude and momentum. I know I have to say a small loss is still a loss or even not gaining is still a success but that's hard for me. I also lost another daily point with this weigh in and that always throws me for a loop because I'm starting to struggle with how to knock some of the points out of my day to day.

Part of my issue really is that I'm so picky with what I eat. I'm not a veggie person at all, not a huge fan of chicken or fish. I won a WW cookbook a couple weeks ago and to most people the recipes look great but they're just not my thing. I am a very plain eater, not into sauces and garnishes... The other PITA part of it is I feel like I sound so negative when people say "try this" and I'm like "no I don't eat X...or Y...nope that's got Z in it so no go".
Have you considered using Simply Filling? If you are a plain eater maybe it would work?

Also, if you are losing nicely at a certain point level you don have to accept losing that point. Maybe add it back in and see if you continue to lose? If yes then yay! If no well then you know. I hit 26 dailies when I reached the 180s and continued to lose without changing the points lower. And as Ive mentioned before I use all extra points as well. If its getting to you, consider experimenting!

Maintenance. After you reach goal (for meetings members) you have 6 weighins. At the 6th if you are within 2 pounds of goal you are then Lifetime.

Week One I gained .6..

Week Two was two days before normal weight day but I didn't want to get up early to go to the Orlando meeting after arriving Friday. Up .2. And then DH wanted to attend the meeting anyway! Love the Saturday morning leader at the Hunters Creek location in Orlando!

Week Three back to Hunters Creek WW store. Up 3. Whee! A week of recovery eating after the TOT 10 miler will do that to a person!

Week Four? Down 3.4.

The first morning home I got right back into normal eating. Amazing. And I think that was the key for me. Mentally at least. Because I would not be surprised if some stray calories are still roaming, creating fat that will show up at next weigh in. But that's ok. Aside from some continued emotional issues from being heavy for so long, for right now at this moment, I think "I got this".

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #2672
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Apparently the topic this week is changing things up. I am looking forward to getting some ideas, perhaps some clarity on Simply Filling.
Messed up the quote, but I would recommend going in during a non meeting time, if your center has those, to discuss it. It never gets much time in meetings. There is a board on the WW message boards for it and you could get loads of info from the people there.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #2673
rlbklein
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Messed up the quote, but I would recommend going in during a non meeting time, if your center has those, to discuss it. It never gets much time in meetings. There is a board on the WW message boards for it and you could get loads of info from the people there.
They call that "drop in hours."

Also, I work as a receptionist occasionally (don't have a regular meeting yet) and went to our annual event yesterday where they outlined changes for next year. There will be a bigger focus on the Simply Filling method, so keep your ears & eyes open in the near future for more info! It could prove to be very helpful.

past WDW trips: summer 1990, March 2007, October 2007, June 2010
rlbklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #2674
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

After 3 consecutive losses, I was up .2 today. But it was that one week a month where I'm ravenously hungry, so .2 isn't so bad. I'm motivated to get back on track this week. I am bummed that I won't have time to work out at lunch today. I guess it has become part of my routine.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #2675
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I had a big drop this week despite traveling to West Texas and New Orleans this week for business. I maintained a solid week of running though so I know that helped. I dropped 3.6lbs. this week which puts me at now 29.2lbs. lost since February and almost 70lbs. total.
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #2676
zoo2tycoon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
I had a big drop this week despite traveling to West Texas and New Orleans this week for business. I maintained a solid week of running though so I know that helped. I dropped 3.6lbs. this week which puts me at now 29.2lbs. lost since February and almost 70lbs. total.
CONGRATS!
I weighed in today...down 4.4 this past week, 7 total since I started 4 weeks ago!
zoo2tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #2677
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo2tycoon View Post
CONGRATS!
I weighed in today...down 4.4 this past week, 7 total since I started 4 weeks ago!
Congrats to you as well!!!!!

I know WW or any other diet plan doesn't recommend losing that much in a single week; however it is a nice surprise when it does. I had been consistently losing 0.2-0.4lbs. for a few weeks so I was quite thankful!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #2678
zoo2tycoon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congrats to you as well!!!!!

I know WW or any other diet plan doesn't recommend losing that much in a single week; however it is a nice surprise when it does. I had been consistently losing 0.2-0.4lbs. for a few weeks so I was quite thankful!
I'd actually gained 2 the week before.
My average is 1.2 per week according to the WW website (I have the monthly pass so it shows on there).
I know not to expect that every week....but it always is a nice surprise for big number occasionally.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #2679
okiedisnut
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!!!

Haven't posted on this board for quite awhile---but I had to share

Weighed in today--loss -1.6 lbs

for a TOTAL OF -54.4

I will be at WDW 3 weeks from today!!!

!

Karyn
okiedisnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #2680
NC State
DIS Veteran

Down this week another 1 lb! For a grand total of 46 lbs! I haven't been down to 46 lbs since Sept '12, so you can say that I have been spinning my wheels for a year now. This low carb is really working for me.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #2681
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Everyone is doing so good this week!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #2682
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
Everyone is doing so good this week!
We all need to keep up the momentum through Halloween, thanksgiving, and Christmas!

(Puts hand in circle) dropping lbs on 3.....
Old 10-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #2683
zoo2tycoon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We all need to keep up the momentum through Halloween, thanksgiving, and Christmas!

(Puts hand in circle) dropping lbs on 3.....
I think the wake-up for me on Halloween was at meeting yesterday.
Gummies are my downfall...I can eat a whole bag.
Saw that 32 had 8 pts!
No more in my house!
But yes holidays are the worst...guess we all need to plan ahead!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #2684
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo2tycoon View Post
I think the wake-up for me on Halloween was at meeting yesterday. Gummies are my downfall...I can eat a whole bag. Saw that 32 had 8 pts! No more in my house! But yes holidays are the worst...guess we all need to plan ahead!
Oh how I love gummies too! There are some better ones out there than that. For me personally, I've learned you can eat whatever you want with WW but in moderation and not every single day. I know as a man I get more points than most and as a runner I gain plenty of activity points per week but if I have a craving for something I get it. It might be a smaller portion than I would have before and I don't have it the for four consecutive days. That way you don't feel deprived and go off the deep end and binge eat. That's where I was for so many years. Thank God I'm not there anymore.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #2685
TenThousandVolts
I just gave 2 examples for the same pronunciation
I would (and will) do it for 3 days

Rats- I am up .8. Not too worried I am in a good groove with eating. It will come of next week.

Congrats to everyone on their losses! Keep up the good work.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: