Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #2521
NC State
DIS Veteran

I was down another .6 this week. That's 2.8 in two weeks. I feel like I'm on a roll now! I'm back to a total of 43.8 total lost.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #2522
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Another 1.4 down last night. I'm loving WW!!! That's 12.4 since July 10 and I'm really happy with that.

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #2523
wallfan329
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone... I have finally build up the courage to start posting on here. My family (my mom,dad and I ) started WW back in January. So far I have lost around 25 pounds. But once school ended so did my strict routine and with it being summer I have gained about 12 of those pounds back. Which I do not know how because with the nice weather I have been out walking about 4 miles a day with my mom and I pretty much only eat chicken, vegetables and fruits. So it must be not eating my points.

I am really glad that I have found this thread. =]
wallfan329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #2524
DisMomJill
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I just found this thread. Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Jill, and I started WW in Feb 2012. I found out I was pregnant in June 2012, so I had to quit. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I went right back a couple of weeks after that, but since then I haven't really been following the program. Two weeks ago, a WW at work program started and I've been on-program since then. In the last two weeks, I have lost 6.2 pounds. My total weight loss since Feb 2012 is 41 pounds. We are going back to WDW right after Thanksgiving (we leave 15 weeks from today!!), and I'm hoping to be down at least 20 more pounds by then.

Last edited by DisMomJill; 08-15-2013 at 03:48 PM.
DisMomJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #2525
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Welcome and yay for everyone!

I was looking on the website of the weights program* I'm doing through the Y, and they had a place to put in body-weight since I started. I did so, using the WW etools to help me remember, and it turns out I've lost just under 10 lbs since May 11, which is when I started doing this weights program. Considering how close I am to ending the Losing part of my program, and that I have lots of inherent muscle and HAVE indeed built up some pretty fabulous bulk (I love a strong-looking arm on myself, along with leg muscles and having a good back), that's pretty darned good.

And for those wondering if it is true that muscle can amp up your metabolism, I gotta say "yep, it does!" Well, I should say "it CAN" because what works for me might not work for any other specific person. But I'm still eating all points that come to me PLUS I increased my Dailies to 29 (b/c that's how Points Plus was in 2011), just to slow things down a bit and keep myself from feeling fainty on my long runs. It's been almost 2 weeks of the 29 Dailies; Saturday will be a day of truth (though I'll continue with the experiment another 2 weeks after that).

I *know* I'm hungrier since I started the weights program. And since starting it, despite the fact that I don't have sit-ups as part of my particular program (they have me doing standing and sitting twists while holding a bar or sometimes I use a medicine ball) the fat around my waist and in the underbellybutton area is slowly slowly going away. Which was unexpected but MOST welcome.

So just keep on going! And if you're interested in doing some sort of weight-lifting program, find one and go for it and keep doing that, too.

*the ActivTrax program....I think there are many gyms that use it, so if your gym does, check it out!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #2526
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

Hello all! I've been missing on the board for the past couple of weeks. I've had some tremendous stress going on lately. We were going to move into MILs house but between her giant "collection" (aka hoarde) and the auction company she wants to use wanting 50% commission and them not having a positive date for auction, we had to scrap that plan for now. With that, we were two weeks out from school starting and had no where to send DD (our district is NOT an option). So we had school visits, scrambles for paperwork, enrollment fees, late tuition payments, uniform purchases, etc.

Along with all of that, things suck at work. We're running two people short, only getting one Saturday off per month when we normally only work one to two Saturdays and when we work our Saturdays, our mid week time off is working mid day to cover lunches instead of having afternoons off. My afternoons off are my time to get things done but working 11-230 makes it pretty hard to get things done. So yeah...I'm stressed!!!

With that, the past three weeks have been hard for me to maintain control of my eating habits. I'm lacking in my tracking and been picking here and there without accounting for that food. The last time I chcked in here was over three weeks ago. Two weeks ago I lost .8, last week I gained 1 pound (my first gain) and this week I lost 1.8.

I'm hoping with the start of the school year this week, that we will get back into a more normal routine and get back on track.

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #2527
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Mom rides, you just take it as it comes and know that at the soonest opportunity you get back on track. It happens to lots of people. We had a substitute meeting leader this past week and she was saying that she was going to stop being a meeting leader because between that, her "real" job and having teenagers at home her weight was starting to creep back up and she knows she needs to get it back on track. So figure even someone working for the company can fall into bad habits or just have stuff go off the rails a bit, its just all in noticing it, acknowledging it then doing something about it.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #2528
jdanjou
Earning My Ears

What a weekend!!! The scale has not been my friend the last 2 weeks, despite my best efforts. My leader thinks I'm hitting a plateau, which is not what I want to hear. I want to lose 30 pounds before WDW in January. And between a cookout last night and my husband's numerous birthday dinners, I'm scared to even step on my scale at home right now. My weeklies are beyond gone and they just reset on Saturday. Guess I'm going to be hitting the gym a lot this week. Ugh!
jdanjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #2529
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanjou View Post
What a weekend!!! The scale has not been my friend the last 2 weeks, despite my best efforts. My leader thinks I'm hitting a plateau, which is not what I want to hear. I want to lose 30 pounds before WDW in January. And between a cookout last night and my husband's numerous birthday dinners, I'm scared to even step on my scale at home right now. My weeklies are beyond gone and they just reset on Saturday. Guess I'm going to be hitting the gym a lot this week. Ugh!

Most of the experts on the WW website boards say a plateau isn't a platuea until it's something like SIX weeks of absolutely no movement. So please don't take what your one leader said to heart, OK?

I know it's tempting to set up goals, but for some people goals are super-hard. I was never able to set a goal and then get it; goals for me were instant "I must eat" triggers. Too much pressure. I chose to just make these better choices every day. Every meal, really. And see what happens.

But then I'm not a goal setter in life, either. I do what I gotta do but it doesn't feel like *goals*. That's too scary.

(today's "this might not work for anyone but her" psychology moment brought to you by the letter M for Molly, LOL)
Old 08-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #2530
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Wow -- Everyone sure has been quiet. Are you all at WDW eating????

I was down 2.2 this week (but it was an a.m. weigh in, not my normal 5:00 p.m. weigh in, and my leader noted that on my card) but I am claiming it -- My total is now 90.4 lbs gone! I hit 85 April 10, so it has been very slow going since then. I am determined that next Tuesday I will still be 90.4 (or more) lbs gone.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #2531
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

I was down 2.2 this week (but it was an a.m. weigh in, not my normal 5:00 p.m. weigh in, and my leader noted that on my card) but I am claiming it -- My total is now 90.4 lbs gone! I hit 85 April 10, so it has been very slow going since then. I am determined that next Tuesday I will still be 90.4 (or more) lbs gone.
That's fabulous! Maintaining would be amazing this week, given the difference in the time of weigh-in!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #2532
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I'm down another 1.2, bringing my total in at 20 even. I didn't feel like I was going to lose at all this week. I hit the fair again (I'm calling it Fair 2: Revenge of the Funnel Cake) but I hadn't eaten much earlier in the day before I got there and stayed on plan for the rest of the week. It was really more that I physically felt big today. Not sure quite why but usually I go into weigh in cautiously optimistic and today I was like "ugh this is gonna suck". Needless to say, pleasantly surprised.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #2533
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

ugh I was up 1.2 last night...and I know why, so that's that. LOL Moving on! I fell off the tracking wagon over the last 2 weeks and it's showing. So I'm recommitting myself to faithfully tracking!!

Also, last week I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I was hoping to stave it off with weight loss, but I didn't get it in gear early enough I guess. My mom, her dad and ALL of his siblings are/were known diabetics. Sooooo, I'm on metformin daily now and I'm really just having to rethink the way I eat, even with WW. It's ok though and I'm motivated to get it going! My dr believes with the 2x daily dose of metformin, diet and exercise we can get that A1C number down to where she wants it. Let's hope I can do it!!! I'm on the right track though, so that's a start.

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #2534
NC State
DIS Veteran

Down .2 this week, it's better than a gain so I'll take it. I'm surprise because I enjoyed too many sweets this week.

I'm at a total of 44 lbs total lost with 16 lbs to go for goal! (I was able to fit into a size 8 pants yesterday. I'm sure they are more like a 10 but the tag says 8 and that's what I'm sticking with!)

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #2535
DisMomJill
Mouseketeer

I was up 2.4 this week. I'm pretty sure it was due to water retention (no longer taking a diuretic). I'm going to really watch the sodium this week and increase my water intake to see if I can erase that gain plus some by next Thursday.

DisMomJill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: