Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #2491
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

You guys!!! I had my WI tonight and was down 3lbs!!!! I expected 2, not 3. I'm a believer in WW at this point. Seriously, I do not feel deprived. I'm just more aware of what I'm eating and how much. I've lost 11 lbs since July 10. I had the one hiccup of a 1.6lb gain2 weeks ago and that was purely from sodium/water retention. I was so excited when the receptionist said 3 lbs. LOL I know this will slow down at some point, but I have to say, the numbers going down is HUGE motivation for me.

However, I will say, that after my meeting, I got fried chicken from the local grocery store. I've been craving it all week and I figured tonight is the night so I have the rest of the week to overcome that one. And it was worth the points by the way!

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #2492
TenThousandVolts
I just gave 2 examples for the same pronunciation
I would (and will) do it for 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
You guys!!! I had my WI tonight and was down 3lbs!!!! I expected 2, not 3. I'm a believer in WW at this point. Seriously, I do not feel deprived. I'm just more aware of what I'm eating and how much. I've lost 11 lbs since July 10. I had the one hiccup of a 1.6lb gain2 weeks ago and that was purely from sodium/water retention. I was so excited when the receptionist said 3 lbs. LOL I know this will slow down at some point, but I have to say, the numbers going down is HUGE motivation for me.
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #2493
NC State
DIS Veteran

Down 2.2 this week! This is the most I have lost in one week in 8 months! I ate more veggies and less meat. I didn't cheat myself on points....I added every bad point, because I noted very point I thought I had another gain. If you are true to yourself you will see that you can make a better tomorrow.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #2494
jdanjou
Earning My Ears

This week has been funky. I've stayed within my points, but the food hasn't necessarily been the healthiest. I'm one of those crazy people that has to weigh myself every morning. After the weekend the scale inexplicably took a 2 pound jump. It just started coming back down this morning, but I'm still 0.4 from where I was last Saturday. I'm hoping that by eating healthy today and tomorrow I will still end up with some kind of a loss on Saturday. I hate this whole "lose 3 pounds one week, gain a pound the next". It's been over a year since its been steady and consistent on the scale no matter how I eat or exercise.

On a positive note, I started an exercise challenge last night that I found on FB. I hate exercising, but this takes all of 15 minutes. It's a 30 day guns, buns, and abs challenge. Each day there is a set of squats, push-ups, and leg lifts you have to do. I'm surprisingly not sore today, but my legs still feel like jello. Not sure how I'm going to be able to do 55 squats tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
jdanjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #2495
TenThousandVolts

just back from my meeting- much to my delight I am down 1.8 lbs.
Did not see that coming at all! That really gave me the the motivation infusion I needed- 1 week to my Disney trip, and I would love to lose a little more before I go.
Also, I am trying to develop a strategy for the trip, any of you that have good ideas, please share.
I will pack my measurers and food scale. We will have a kitchen and a car, so that helps a lot. I will stock up with fruits and veggies for snacks and I will still have my regular breakfast every morning (cheerios and banana)
When I eat out- which will be often- I will use the WW Eating Out book or DWLZ.com to find a comparable dish- I know the values will be off, some will be higher or lower than what I am actually eating, but maybe it will average out to be close. It is better than not tracking.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #2496
TenThousandVolts

way to go, NCState!!!

jdanjou: good luck with the exercise challenge. I don't think I could do 55 squats even if my life depended on it.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #2497
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

WTG to my fellow losers I know it's early on for me, but I'm motivated by seeing the numbers decrease. It lets me know that it's working, even when I eat something that I feel is "bad" I track it and move on. I have to get past the idea that a food is bad. It's about portions and moderation...nothing is off limits. I just have to account for it in my eating the rest of the day, week, etc.

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #2498
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djy252 View Post
Hello Everyone - I just joined WW last Monday - Im hoping to lose 40 pounds - I don't think I am doing very good tracking my points - its confusing to me - my problem is I don't eat enough - I don't like chocolate and don't eat desserts, not a bread eater -I just don't eat right - I never eat breakfast and only once in awhile eat lunch - I have to learn to eat more - I have never been heavy in my life but the last 10 years I gained it all - I am 51 and have some stomach problems (acid reflex to where it has damaged my esophagus to where I had to have surgery on it last week) where my doc said it imperative that I lose weight - so here I am - looking for all the help I can get - I go tomorrow morning for my second meeting - do people lose much during the 1st week? Fingers crossed I atleast lost some!!
Some people have a big loss the first week, others don't. Any loss is better than a gain!

I have to tell you that I stopped eating Tums the day I started WW. It was amazing to me how much better my tummy felt in just one day.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #2499
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new folks! I haven't DISsed for a week and it was great to come here and hear all the good reports.

I was down 2.4 this week and my total off is 89.6!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #2500
TenThousandVolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

I was down 2.4 this week and my total off is 89.6!
Congrats on the 2.4- And BIG congrats on the 89.6! Very inspiring! How long have you been on weight watchers/
Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #2501
jdanjou
Earning My Ears

I have found some awesome fast food finds and I thought I would share them. I hate packing a lunch, but its hard sometimes to find good, points friendly food. I know both of these restaurants are regional, but if you have one near you, I highly suggest checking them out.

Chick-fil-a: charbroiled chicken sandwich is only 7 points and super delicious. If you put the honey roasted BBQ sauce on its 9, and I think it's well worth it.

Which Wich: I ordered a chicken bowl today. It had a big bed of lettuce, chicken, American cheese, grilled onions, tomatoes, BBQ sauce, croutons, and ranch for 7 points. I couldn't even finish it because it was so big. These are 2 of my go-to spots now.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #2502
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

So my journey to the county fair has come and gone. I'm going to call it "the day that I almost crashed the WW app".

So here's the past few days. I weighed in on wednesday and had lost 2lbs. About a week ago I had to buy new work pants or seriously risk having my whole department know that I enjoy brightly colored undies. I ended up buying 2 pairs because of course, I'm the perfect inbetween size. Dammit. So the larger pair is truly a bit big on me but not excessively so, and I refuse to completely smush myself into smaller size just yet. I know that in a few weeks there will be no smushing needed.

Yesterday I ended up at the fair. Now let me explain this a little bit. Our fair isn't some rinky dink little thing with a couple rides and sheep. Erie County fair is the 2nd largest fair in NYS and the 3rd largest county fair in the country. There's tons of stuff to see and do and of course, eat. We always have new foods popping up, this year included shark and alligator kabobs which I didn't try, along with fried gummy bears and a few other things I've lost track of. I always have certain food items that are just part of my fair experience. It's stuff I associate with it, and some of it is food I only ever eat while I'm there. So pondering this all, after my little day of debauchery that I didn't enjoy a few weeks ago, I was thinking this might be the same. It wasn't. I ate like a death row inmate and enjoyed it, but I think the difference here was that I know this is a one time thing. I don't have access to this stuff all the time, and it's part of the experience. If I can get this stuff through the year, I know I'm not ever going to eat it all at once so to me, the fair is and will stay a one off screw it I'm eating what I want type thing.

My total fair food intake was a piece of pizza, a corn dog (which isn't one of my usuals, they just smelled really good and I haven't had one in years), fried dough nuggets which I didn't finish because they were just too heavy, lime fizz, birch beer, curly fries (fresh cut, not those weird seasoned ones), and a cannoli. Then whenI got home my friend and I ended up splitting a personal size cheese pizza and some garlic breadsticks. I enjoyed most of it. The curly fries were disappointing as they were underdone, and the fried dough in nugget form were just too heavy. I've only ever had the large slabs of it before and figured the nuggets would be easier to eat and smaller but I was wrong. I wanted fudge but didn't see it, and I resisted a stand that had fried cheese curds. Part of it was because I was full, part of it was because they were 7 bucks, and part of it was going "you don't need them".

So this brings me to today. I had no intention of tracking yesterday but I figured what the heck, let's see how much damage I did. I tracked as best as I could, using some generic items and estimating others like the fried dough. And yeah, it was a lot. My figuring gave me a total of using 65 points for the day and leaving me 22 weeklies left. I did count all the walking though. Actually I'm probably underestimating that, but I figured with all the starting and stopping and meandering around, I counted it was walking for 90 minutes (I was there for about 7 hours, so this is why I think I'm actually underestimating but that's OK) and it spit back 7 activity points. I feel fine today, just tired and sore from walking so much. I will just go back to my normal on program eating and next wednesday when I'm at my meeting whatever comes of this is fine.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #2503
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

New here!!!

Hi there, I have just started the WW program. I just completed my first full week on the plan. I am down 2.5 pounds. Yay! I have a total of 83 pounds to lose. I don't have a set date that I want to lose them by, I just want to be healthier. I have also started going to our local swimming center. I don't swim well, but I get in the water and move around some. I'm sure that is helping some. I hope to learn a lot from you all.

'85 Offsite, '92 Dolphin, '98 Offsite, '00 Offsite, '03 AS Sports, '05 AS Sports, '07 (Nov/Dec) POFQ, '09 POP, May '11 CSR, 2013 PRINCESS HALF TRIP!!!!

My "New goal, new me, new excitement!" Weight Loss & C25K Journal
gudrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #2504
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

I have to tell you that I stopped eating Tums the day I started WW. It was amazing to me how much better my tummy felt in just one day.
I didn't lose the heartburn that fast, but I don't have it anymore. Can't tell you when it disappeared but it's wonderful, isn't it?
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #2505
jdanjou
Earning My Ears

Up 1.8 today, but I was expecting it. I'm super sore from this 30 day challenge I'm doing, and my husband decided to take me out last night. Despite my lower point dinner I ordered, I gave in to the chocolate chip cookies. No worries though. Once my body gets use to the exercise it'll drop off. Here's to an on-plan week!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: