facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #2431
TenThousandVolts
I just gave 2 examples for the same pronunciation
I would (and will) do it for 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post

So what works, and what doesn't, when you have one of those days? (Or weekends...)
I would love to hear strategies on this also- getting back on the horse after a fall is one of my problem areas.
TenThousandVolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #2432
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

I've got another question. Does anyone use the WW pedometer? I have had TERRIBLE luck with pedometers, they all seem to register 3 steps for every one I take, or else I hit the stoopid buttons with my arm or something and keep re-setting them. I have three in my bathroom cabinet that don't work. I would like to try the pedometer for our upcoming trip, so I can see if I really am burning a decent amount of energy and either relax about my food accordingly or step it up. (My goals for vacation are simply not to gain A LOT ) I have NOT even looked at their pedometer because I have had such bad luck with others, but it might be worth it for my trip. (Please don't bother recommending other brands, I am really not interested in buying any more, and as I am in Canada the brands are often not available.) If you have tried the WW one, or have feedback from people you know who have, I'd love to hear it.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #2433
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I was wondering about the ActiveLink too!

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #2434
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

It's been over a week since I last checked in. Just don't get the computer time like I used to.

Someone mentioned discovering that the world doesn't revolve around food. I discovered that in April at WDW. All that food I had been promising myself turned out to be major disappointments. My tastes have definitely changed.

After plateauing since 5/14 I finally reached a new low. 88 lbs even.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #2435
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
It's been over a week since I last checked in. Just don't get the computer time like I used to.

Someone mentioned discovering that the world doesn't revolve around food. I discovered that in April at WDW. All that food I had been promising myself turned out to be major disappointments. My tastes have definitely changed.

I agree! That happened to me at my last DL trip! The corn dog I wait all year for wasn't as good as I remembered. The macaroon I packed a dozen of in my luggage on the trip before? One was enough for me. Weird.

Congrats on breaking through your plateau!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #2436
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

It was me saying the world doesn't revolve around food.

It's weird...there are times when have something like a piece of cake or whatever and its like "OH this is so good!!" and it's because I'm not eating it as much therefore it's like I'm almost more sensitive to that pleasure. I don't know how else to explain it. I'm a bit afraid though with losing my taste or just not being used to eating as much or eating heavier food because there's times where I want to be eating it. I would hate to lose my enjoyment of things like Disney and the fair (my 2 big food places). Not that those places wouldn't be fun without food, not that I can't split the difference and have some of the food or just smaller portions of it. I suppose it's something like I'm not finding something to replace that "joy" or that gratification that I've always gotten from eating.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #2437
TenThousandVolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
It was me saying the world doesn't revolve around food.

It's weird...there are times when have something like a piece of cake or whatever and its like "OH this is so good!!" and it's because I'm not eating it as much therefore it's like I'm almost more sensitive to that pleasure...
I agree completely. In many ways I am enjoying food much more than before WW. Not just treats, but my regular meals too. I think because I am very mindful of what I choose to put in my mouth, I only choose things I really like to eat. At the same time I am not bombarding my taste buds with a ton of stuff all through the day- so when I do eat, like you said, it is as if I more able to enjoy the sensation of the food I am eating.

Last edited by TenThousandVolts; 07-27-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #2438
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

.2 down! Woo!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #2439
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

Wow! You are amazing!

I enjoy my food SO much more now. And there's no guilt because I'm either working it in to my day or I'm at Disney and have given myself permission to indulge as I wish. Food without guilt tastes a million times better to me.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #2440
TenThousandVolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
.2 down! Woo!
every little bit counts!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #2441
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Subscribing... Picture is of DH and I at near goal, that was 2 years ago and we have been going the wrong way ever since. Starting again this week, one of the many getting back on program, why oh why do we ever fall off!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #2442
rainboots
Mouseketeer

Hi Linda!
I am new here too, only posted two times so far, but it certainly is encouraging to be around people with the same struggle!

I totally get the world NOT revolving around food anymore, but there are those other days where I plan out every serving ahead, and it feels like my life DOES still revolve around food, but in a different way. I hope over time, the planning becomes more natural and simple as I add more healthy meals into our rotation!

I actually took a bite of a donut that looked so yummy today. I spit it out because it tasted bad, & I didn't want to count the points on something that was gross!!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #2443
rainboots
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot
.2 down! Woo!
way to go!!! :-)
Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #2444
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainboots View Post
Hi Linda!
I am new here too, only posted two times so far, but it certainly is encouraging to be around people with the same struggle!

I totally get the world NOT revolving around food anymore, but there are those other days where I plan out every serving ahead, and it feels like my life DOES still revolve around food, but in a different way. I hope over time, the planning becomes more natural and simple as I add more healthy meals into our rotation!

I actually took a bite of a donut that looked so yummy today. I spit it out because it tasted bad, & I didn't want to count the points on something that was gross!!
It will become part of your routine and it won't be a big deal anymore!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #2445
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamlinda View Post
Subscribing... Picture is of DH and I at near goal, that was 2 years ago and we have been going the wrong way ever since. Starting again this week, one of the many getting back on program, why oh why do we ever fall off!!!!!!!
I don't know why we do it, but glad you're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainboots View Post
Hi Linda!

Life is too short for bad donuts!!!! Save yourself for the truly delicious ones.

For me so far it's mental shifts. Like tonight I really would like to eat more of my Weekly points (weigh in was today so my Weeklies are fresh and brand new, and it's my cycle and I want some darned cashews!), but then I remembered that tomorrow we're going to head up to a local festival, and I want some Indian food with rice, and maybe they'll have something else, and maybe if it's hot again tomorrow I'll have a beer. Those things along with more normal food for tomorrow mean I should probably conserve the Weeklies.

And my brain and stomach went (well, my stomach agreed until I started writing about it, so maybe I should just go to bed) "hmm, OK, sounds good". Before it would have been mental torture, would have felt like dieting, etc etc. But this was a shift of "well of course I'll save it up for the "fun" food tomorrow". Plus, we're walking there (uphill) so I'll get an activity point or two, too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: