Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #2371
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
First weigh in after my hiatus... 4 pounds down! Plus I passed my boards today so it is an all around awesome day! Hopefully my streak and motivation continues!
YAY! 4lbs is a good loss! And congrats on the boards as well!

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #2372
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd

Tonight is my meeting and weigh-in day. I'm looking forward to it! I stepped on my home scale this morning, but I'm waiting for the official weigh in to believe it I used 17 of my weeklies, but this week I'm shooting for using less. I don't think I really want to use them just yet. We'll see what happens as the week progresses though. I think weekends will be my problem.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #2373
Abby Wednesday
Mouseketeer

I haven't dropped by in a while, but I'm 6 lbs away from a mini-goal I have, which is the top of the healthy weight range for my height. Almost there! I'm going to have to pick a final goal soon. My weigh-in has changed to Friday. I almost prefer Mondays because it keeps me from going too crazy on weekends, but really my habits haven't changed since the switch. Have a great week everyone.
Abby Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #2374
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd

WOOOHOOO just home from my meeting -- down 6.6lbs! I celebrated with a tomato sandwich I'm thrilled and ready to see how I do this week.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #2375
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Jumping into this. I hit my 5% today.

I find I'm a bit conflicted with a lot of stuff.

Column A Column B
I'm doing it I'm doing it slowly
I'm still doing it! I could be doing more
I lost 5% and that's significant I still have a long way to go
Part of me feels thinner Part of me still says "you're huge"

I know at some point I'll have to get over my aversion to exercise. I want to be earning activity points because I want to be able to eat more again (and building muscles and all that jazz but really I want to eat more).
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #2376
jmv223
Earning My Ears

Can I join in too? I've been doing WW online since mid May and this is the first time I've had success without going to weekly weigh ins and meetings. But I definitely miss having people to talk about this stuff with. If my family hears me mention the word "points" one more time, they might evict me!

I've been really good about weighing myself every week, but I did skip last week while at the beach. I was terrified to get on the scale yesterday, but I was actually down .5 from two weeks ago. That was so motivating to keep going! I've lost 19 pounds so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
Jumping into this. I hit my 5% today.

I find I'm a bit conflicted with a lot of stuff.

Column A Column B
I'm doing it I'm doing it slowly
I'm still doing it! I could be doing more
I lost 5% and that's significant I still have a long way to go
Part of me feels thinner Part of me still says "you're huge"

I know at some point I'll have to get over my aversion to exercise. I want to be earning activity points because I want to be able to eat more again (and building muscles and all that jazz but really I want to eat more).
This is so me! I woke up today feeling great and thin, then I remembered I still have 40 pounds to lose! I definitely run to eat. I like cheeseburgers and ice cream too much to give them up. Running makes my weekly junk food fix happen.
jmv223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #2377
TenThousandVolts
I just gave 2 examples for the same pronunciation
I would (and will) do it for 3 days

WOW! everyone seems to be doing really well! Congratulations on all of the losses

Way to go StayCool! - what did you mean by hiatus? Did you lose 4 pounds on vacation? (I scrolled back a bit but couldn't find it- this thread moves swiftly!) Either way- congrats on the 4 lb loss!

eh24fan: 6.6 lbs!!! awesome- is this your 1st week on ww? That is a great loss.

AbbyWednesday- I can't wait to be that close to a healthy weight range- stick to it and you'll get there!

NC State: I am about the same speed as you- I waver between a 10 and 11 minute mile- I'm in no hurry and I am only competing with myself because I know I will never be the fastest runner and I'm ok with that

Bumbershoot- I never do strength training but I know I should- it is supposed to be so good for you and build muscle which increases metabolism... what is the strength program like that you are doing?
TenThousandVolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #2378
TenThousandVolts

oh also I meant to ask StayCool: what boards did you take that you passed?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #2379
TenThousandVolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilby View Post
I am very new at ww, I just started Monday. I signed up for the online tools to be able to use my iphone too. So far I am doing well staying in the points alloted. This weekend will be tough with going away for a few days, but I can do it.
I'm with you! I just started Sunday good luck
Old 07-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #2380
NC State
DIS Veteran

WI was last night, lost .4 for the week. I felt like I did better than that but that's what I got. I have been with WW for 2 years now and I'm at 41.4 lbs total lost. I feel better but I still have 16 lbs to go. Some days I feel like I will never make it but then I ask myself do I want to go back to 202.4 lbs? and the answer is always NO! Just stick with it!!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #2381
robinb
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I had a good weigh-in (for me ) and lost 1.4 lbs over the last 2 weeks. I didn't go to my meeting 2 weeks ago since it was on July 4th (and I didn't want to weigh in after 2 days of BBQs and beer ) and I missed last week's because I was out of town at a swim meet.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #2382
StayCool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenThousandVolts View Post
Way to go StayCool! - what did you mean by hiatus? Did you lose 4 pounds on vacation? (I scrolled back a bit but couldn't find it- this thread moves swiftly!) Either way- congrats on the 4 lb loss!
Hiatus meaning I started this last July and lost 27 pounds. I lasted until about September-ish, maybe October and then graduate school took over my life. The boards I took were for Nurse Practitioner. I'm finally done with school and able to focus on the rest of my life again. Hopefully that will make it a bit easier to fit WW into my schedule.

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #2383
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I need to get back to tracking points and get serious again. Soda is my biggest obstacle.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #2384
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

After being up 5.4 last week, I was down 5.6 this week -- that's the right direction at least! But still not back to the low I reached in May.

I have to say that I was really hungry for a buffet -- just wanted a variety of food instead of meat and veggies. I took little tastes of everything but not a lot of anything except for the fried chicken thigh (and then I only ate the meat). Even had bits of desserts. To my surprise, I was still within points when I tracked. And I was satisfied. Sometimes you just have to do something to make yourself feel satisfied and this time, it didn't even push me into my 49 weeklies.

Then today I went to Bob Evans with a person I met through an online email list and discovered when I got home that I had consumed my entire day's worth of points in that meal. And it wasn't even a big meal -- I got the crepes. Two strawberry crepes and a side of sausage. Why is the restaurant sausage so much higher in points than the store-bought? I looked up the nutritional info online and one sausage was 4 points. I eat three sausages at home for 4 points. I even fiddled with the ounces thinking that maybe the number on the Bob Evans website was for a big fat sausage and not a little sausage link, but nope, still came out that I ate 12 points worth of sausage.

So, I had no lunch and dinner was 2 points of yogurt with strawberries added and, since I was still feeling like I needed more, I had a 4 point Fiber One blueberry muffin (to which I added a pint of real blueberries when I made them). Geesh, I was so much more satisfied yesterday than today. Just goes to show you that eating lots of points doesn't necessarily mean you are fuller!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #2385
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I need to get back to tracking points and get serious again. Soda is my biggest obstacle.
I wasn't trying to lose weight when I quit drinking soda (for years I drank caffeine-free diet Coke) but did so because I had just finally read enough about how bad it is for you. I lost six pounds the following week. The soda had really been causing me to retain fluids. I never dreamed that it was that much! Now I don't like the taste of soda at all and wonder how in the world I drank it for so many years.

Why not just read online the negatives of soda -- maybe that will be enough to spur you to stop drinking it.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: