Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #2341
gilby
DIS Veteran

I am very new at ww, I just started Monday. I signed up for the online tools to be able to use my iphone too. So far I am doing well staying in the points alloted. This weekend will be tough with going away for a few days, but I can do it.
2008 Pop-Century
2010 Pop-century
2011 Pop-Century
2012 POR
2013 POR
2014 pop century
2014 Pop century
gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #2342
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Hi everyone! I just went to my first WW meeting last night. I had tried it online myself for a few months and just didn't have success. I think I need the accountability of someone else seeing the numbers on the scale. My mom joined with me and when we got to the meeting we saw familiar faces! Her friend that did WW with her 29yrs ago was there along with her daughter as well! So not only do we have each other, but we have friends there so we will have even more support.

My main goal is to lose at least 50lbs. That puts me back to where I was before I got pregnant with my 13yr old, a number I thought I'd never see again. Then after that, I'll make a new goal. My WW goal is between 120-150. I cannot imagine seeing those numbers...ever. It would be great of course, but for me, I need to think in the smaller losses first, if you can call 50lbs smaller! I weighed in at 244.6 last night, I nearly cried. I knew it was bad, just seeing that written down by someone else...well that was painful. I need to do this for my health, my mental well being and for my kids. I'm so glad to see an active group on here!

eh24fan is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #2343
NC State
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I had a shocking gain this week -- 5.4 lbs! Add that to .6 last week. I am back to just 80 off instead of 87. I am figuring that these past two months (since mid-May) are my plateau and I just need to keep on keeping on.
I feel your pain...I have been plateaued since December. I was up 8 lbs and now to 5 lbs. Just stick with it and try a new schdule.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #2344
disneychick0412
DIS Veteran

I lost 6.8 pounds!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

disneychick0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #2345
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychick0412 View Post
I lost 6.8 pounds!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!! So happy for you!

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #2346
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

Bad day

So I hurt my back somehow and it's really causing me grief. DH thinks I've been pushing myself too hard with exercise. He told me that going from being sedentary to working out twice a day likely caused whatever is hurting my back. The worst part of this for me is I'm beating myself up over it.

Oh and today I had a grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for lunch out with co-workers and it used an obscene amount of points. And it made me feel so sick. So I'm pretty much just over today!

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #2347
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilby View Post
I am very new at ww, I just started Monday. I signed up for the online tools to be able to use my iphone too. So far I am doing well staying in the points alloted. This weekend will be tough with going away for a few days, but I can do it.
Going away shortly after starting WW is definitely hard. You might think about redefining success this week as simply being mindful of your choices. Maybe not being perfect, but better than before?

Losing with WW (losing with any plan, really) is a lifelong process, and some gains are inevitable as you go through life, so sometimes success is defined differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
Hi everyone! I just went to my first WW meeting last night.
Yay for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_Rides View Post
So I hurt my back somehow and it's really causing me grief. DH thinks I've been pushing myself too hard with exercise. He told me that going from being sedentary to working out twice a day likely caused whatever is hurting my back. The worst part of this for me is I'm beating myself up over it.

Oh and today I had a grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for lunch out with co-workers and it used an obscene amount of points. And it made me feel so sick. So I'm pretty much just over today!
Stop beating yourself up, both mentally and physically! YES two times a day is too much for a newbie exerciser. Take a step back.

My question is...was your lunch tasty? Did it make your tastebuds happy? If so, at least that was worth it. If it wasn't tasty enough or make you happy enough, then you can learn from that, and that makes it worth it in another way!

Tomorrow is another day.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #2348
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I find myself hoarding points! I look at my breakfasts and lunches and I think "oh no! I only have 20 points left for the day!!" And feel panicky. It's ridiculous because I know that is way more than I need for dinner and a snack. On top of that, I still have 34 weeklies! Seriously, I need to let go and know that it's ok to eat. I'm just so worried I will overeat or eat the wrong thing and "blow it." This being my first week, I'm motivated.....but too much so. Anyone else feel the same? Or similar??

eh24fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #2349
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Hello everyone, Haven't checked in here in awhile, summer is always so busy. But congratulations to those who are losing, and to those who gained/hit a plateau just keep with it, one day at a time. It's a hard process, but so worth it.

I joined WW Online on May 16th, was 176 and weighed in today and was 158. Finally into the "150's" like I've been dreaming of, ha ha! Ten years ago I weighed 208, so have dropped a total of 50 since then. Starting to think more about my "goal weight" which WW said should be 102 - 128. I think I will aim for 125 and then "see how I feel."

I'm still aiming for 147 by mid-September when DD and I spend a week at Disney. Maybe even a little lower than that, we'll see.

Someone mentioned too much fruit and I have found that to be true. I can't eat so much of it and still expect to lose weight. I've been choosing more raw vegetables over fruit much of the time now.

And I found a great tip, instead of using sour cream for dip, I use the 0% Greek yogurt and dry Hidden Valley Ranch and a quarter-cup is only 1 point. I load up a small plate with raw carrots, celery, cauliflower and bell pepper and have my dip and I'm all set for the evening and only ONE little point!!

The other day I picked up another 24# bag of cat food at the store, and realized that was how much weight I'd lost since November. A whole bag of cat food! It was such a great feeling!

I'm enjoying my exercising a lot more as the weight comes off, and I'm setting another "goal" for myself...to be able to jog a full mile eventually.

Does anyone use the bar code scanner on your phone? I really love that feature and use it a lot.

My supper tonight was a 6" turkey sub on Italian bread, from Subway, loaded up with vegetables and I don't have them put any dressing on it. I put a little mustard (they always put too much!) on it, and used my bar code scanner and saw that my horseradish sauce was ZERO points for a teaspoon serving, so I put a squirt of that on it too. 7 points total. I've still got 4 points (daily) left for some popcorn and maybe a serving of sugar free jello!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #2350
dbrn
Mouseketeer

Weighed in today. Down another 2.5lb, for 60lb total loss so far. I've been having a tough time getting the scale to move much either way since December, so it's a relief. I decided to try Simply Filling, and that little change seems to be what helped. Hope I'm not jinxing it my talking about it!
dbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #2351
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
I find myself hoarding points! I look at my breakfasts and lunches and I think "oh no! I only have 20 points left for the day!!" And feel panicky. It's ridiculous because I know that is way more than I need for dinner and a snack. On top of that, I still have 34 weeklies! Seriously, I need to let go and know that it's ok to eat. I'm just so worried I will overeat or eat the wrong thing and "blow it." This being my first week, I'm motivated.....but too much so. Anyone else feel the same? Or similar??
I bet it's really common especially at the beginning. I doubt you're alone. I also doubt that the feeling will continue as you continue on this journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
Hello everyone, Haven't checked in here in awhile, summer is always so busy. But congratulations to those who are losing, and to those who gained/hit a plateau just keep with it, one day at a time. It's a hard process, but so worth it.

I joined WW Online on May 16th, was 176 and weighed in today and was 158. Finally into the "150's" like I've been dreaming of, ha ha! Ten years ago I weighed 208, so have dropped a total of 50 since then. Starting to think more about my "goal weight" which WW said should be 102 - 128. I think I will aim for 125 and then "see how I feel."

I'm still aiming for 147 by mid-September when DD and I spend a week at Disney. Maybe even a little lower than that, we'll see.

Someone mentioned too much fruit and I have found that to be true. I can't eat so much of it and still expect to lose weight. I've been choosing more raw vegetables over fruit much of the time now.

And I found a great tip, instead of using sour cream for dip, I use the 0% Greek yogurt and dry Hidden Valley Ranch and a quarter-cup is only 1 point. I load up a small plate with raw carrots, celery, cauliflower and bell pepper and have my dip and I'm all set for the evening and only ONE little point!!

The other day I picked up another 24# bag of cat food at the store, and realized that was how much weight I'd lost since November. A whole bag of cat food! It was such a great feeling!

I'm enjoying my exercising a lot more as the weight comes off, and I'm setting another "goal" for myself...to be able to jog a full mile eventually.

Does anyone use the bar code scanner on your phone? I really love that feature and use it a lot.

My supper tonight was a 6" turkey sub on Italian bread, from Subway, loaded up with vegetables and I don't have them put any dressing on it. I put a little mustard (they always put too much!) on it, and used my bar code scanner and saw that my horseradish sauce was ZERO points for a teaspoon serving, so I put a squirt of that on it too. 7 points total. I've still got 4 points (daily) left for some popcorn and maybe a serving of sugar free jello!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Yay for the new "decade"! (or "tens place" to be more exact, LOL)

It is SO amazing when you realize the value of what you have lost. Even if you put it in terms of however-many sticks of butter, that's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrn View Post
Weighed in today. Down another 2.5lb, for 60lb total loss so far. I've been having a tough time getting the scale to move much either way since December, so it's a relief. I decided to try Simply Filling, and that little change seems to be what helped. Hope I'm not jinxing it my talking about it!
Woo! Amazing!

I'm happy to say that DH lost all the water-weight from last weekend (he had been up 9.8 because of our weekend and forgetting to take his diuretic for 3 days) PLUS another pound. Woo!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 07-14-2013 at 12:26 AM.
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #2352
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Friday is the day I weigh myself for WW Online. I weigh myself using the Nintendo Wii. Well, one of my rabbits chewed on the wire that goes to the sensor bar on Thursday evening, so I was unable to use the remote and had to order a new sensor bar online.... so no scale for me. I decided to go to the store and buy an electronic scale, because why not? It is kind of a pain to have to turn on the wii just to check my weight. This makes things easier. Anyway, this new scale is WW brand, and is weighing me over 4 pounds heavier than last week's weigh in. I actually weighed myself using the Wii on Thursday (I know, sometimes I am guilty of multi-week weight checks) with a two pound loss. I doubt that i gained anything in that 24 hour period, so technically we are looking at a 6 pound difference., I know this sounds silly, but it's frustrating. Anyone have to change scales, or start using a different scale and see changes like this? I know every scale is different, but 6 pounds?
Old 07-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #2353
Conway733
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post
Friday is the day I weigh myself for WW Online. I weigh myself using the Nintendo Wii. Well, one of my rabbits chewed on the wire that goes to the sensor bar on Thursday evening, so I was unable to use the remote and had to order a new sensor bar online.... so no scale for me. I decided to go to the store and buy an electronic scale, because why not? It is kind of a pain to have to turn on the wii just to check my weight. This makes things easier. Anyway, this new scale is WW brand, and is weighing me over 4 pounds heavier than last week's weigh in. I actually weighed myself using the Wii on Thursday (I know, sometimes I am guilty of multi-week weight checks) with a two pound loss. I doubt that i gained anything in that 24 hour period, so technically we are looking at a 6 pound difference., I know this sounds silly, but it's frustrating. Anyone have to change scales, or start using a different scale and see changes like this? I know every scale is different, but 6 pounds?
Yep, had a similar issue...but I just figured I'd just use the weight on the new scale...and continue to use the same scale from here on out. I bought a WW scale too! I just had to change my mind set, I guess, and just went with the new scale's weight.
Conway733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #2354
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway733 View Post

Yep, had a similar issue...but I just figured I'd just use the weight on the new scale...and continue to use the same scale from here on out. I bought a WW scale too! I just had to change my mind set, I guess, and just went with the new scale's weight.
I read some reviews online that people had complained profusely about WW scales and how inaccurate they are. This morning I weighed myself three times in a row and got three different numbers ranging from a 20 pound to 30 pound difference!!! My boyfriend tried the same and each time was a completely different weight. We returned the scale this afternoon and got something else. It was just completely too inconsistent. The new scale works great!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #2355
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post

I read some reviews online that people had complained profusely about WW scales and how inaccurate they are. This morning I weighed myself three times in a row and got three different numbers ranging from a 20 pound to 30 pound difference!!! My boyfriend tried the same and each time was a completely different weight. We returned the scale this afternoon and got something else. It was just completely too inconsistent. The new scale works great!
I had the same issue, so I returned it. Did you get the same scale or a different one?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: